Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 58 of 141 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    They will be a significant player in this years trade period, they could actually have more cap space than us to splash around.
    Brad Hill is a considered a lock and they are chasing Tomlinson and have put the feelers out for a ruckman to support Marshall but given their lack of KP defensive depth it's more than a little intriguing that are willing to shop Carlisle around after one season of him struggling with an injury

Even at close to his best I'm not sure he is attacking enough for us. He's a very good one on one defender but it's not his style to take the game on and move the ball quickly. In other words you gain a lot in one area but give up a bit in another

If we were interested we may as well trade out Trengove and maybe Collingwood would be interested.
    There are some similarities with they playing style with Carlisle being the superior option but I'd imagine they are chalk and cheese around the club and off field.

Just an opinion
    Agreed. I actually think JT is a solid option as our big key back. He's very underrated by many on here maybe because he's unfashionable but he doesn't do a lot wrong and he is competitive enough to use as insurance for English.

He only has maybe 2 years left in him at most so we need to plan for the future now.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

2. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From fox sports news:

"The Suns appear willing to deal Martin for a late first-round draft pick."

That's a fair price. Adelaide won't match on Keath at four years, so that's gong to be a fair price (Maybe Williams). Points trades with Port & GWS gives us another late first rounder to pursue Tippa. Whether it happens or not, there's a path emerging to bringing in three good mature role players for fair price that we've been linked to.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Keath & Martin would be a successful trade period. I rate AMT, I just think his type can easily be found late in the draft or at state level (plus we have Cavarra building nicely).

There’s also word that Jake Kelly is looking at options in the Adelaide fall out. With Moz on the way out, I wouldn’t mind finding that Grimes/Rampe mid-sized miserly defender that locks down on the Stringer and De Goey types. Though that is probably Cordy’s spot once we slot in another genuine KPD.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Keath & Martin would be a successful trade period. I rate AMT, I just think his type can easily be found late in the draft or at state level (plus we have Cavarra building nicely).

There’s also word that Jake Kelly is looking at options in the Adelaide fall out. With Moz on the way out, I wouldn’t mind finding that Grimes/Rampe mid-sized miserly defender that locks down on the Stringer and De Goey types. Though that is probably Cordy’s spot once we slot in another genuine KPD.
    I think the small high pressure forward is the only missing piece to our forward line. They can be found later, but I personally want a mature one next year. Carlton were said to be into AMT too, but have moved to Tom Papley and are no longer mentioned with AMT. Either would suit me at the right price. The media reporting of us alledging offering $450,000 a season to AMT is very specific. AMT is still unsigned too, which is a bit of smoke in the air.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    From fox sports news:

"The Suns appear willing to deal Martin for a late first-round draft pick."

That's a fair price. Adelaide won't match on Keath at four years, so that's gong to be a fair price (Maybe Williams). Points trades with Port & GWS gives us another late first rounder to pursue Tippa. Whether it happens or not, there's a path emerging to bringing in three good mature role players for fair price that we've been linked to.
    If we could trade our first round pick for Martin then I think that's a fair deal. If we could get a 3rd round pick coming back to us then that would be a great deal for us.

Our 2nd round pick for Keath also feels about right. I'm not sue Crows can command more than that for him

Our stockpiling of 3rd round picks will prove handy and I think one of them would get the deal done for Smith

I mentioned the other day about Kelly from the Crows as a back up option. He's a bit undersized for a KPP but as Comrade pointed out he could be a very good replacement for Morris
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

If we could trade our first round pick for Martin then I think that's a fair deal. If we could get a 3rd round pick coming back to us then that would be a great deal for us.

Our 2nd round pick for Keath also feels about right. I'm not sue Crows can command more than that for him

Our stockpiling of 3rd round picks will prove handy and I think one of them would get the deal done for Smith

I mentioned the other day about Kelly from the Crows as a back up option. He's a bit undersized for a KPP but as Comrade pointed out he could be a very good replacement for Morris
    Yeah, it depends where our first ends up being. If we have pick 12, something coming back would be ideal. If we have pick 19 (after Cogs compo) I don't think we can expect anything else. Pick 19 would be sweet.

With the fire sale at Adelaide, hopefully Williams & Crows want each other to work out the best outcome for us, such as Keath in a straight swap. Or other crows players looking to potentially leave.

Would nice to head into 2020 with three new 'best 22' players after the losses of Boyd, Picken etc. this year.

Post Thanks / Like

If Hawks are so keen to offload cap space why do we need to offer anything above a 4th round pick? Also happy to swap a 3rd this year for a 3rd next year as an alternative.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    If Hawks are so keen to offload cap space why do we need to offer anything above a 4th round pick? Also happy to swap a 3rd this year for a 3rd next year as an alternative.
    Ideally, by the end of the trade period we have acquired at least two more third rounders for 2020. We are going to need the points attached to them.

As an aside, it’s weird having end of season convo while our team is in the finals. It’s kind of weird the week off, and clearly us cheating to get players back again...

Post Thanks / Like

It's interesting that just as the hunt for Martin heats up we've got Bailey Dale emerging in much the same role.

Assuming Martin's the logical heir to Lloyd or Dickson's spot having he and Dale at the feet of Naughts and Schache and by god that forward line's suddenly got some teeth and untapped upside.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    It's interesting that just as the hunt for Martin heats up we've got Bailey Dale emerging in much the same role.

Assuming Martin's the logical heir to Lloyd or Dickson's spot having he and Dale at the feet of Naughts and Schache and by god that forward line's suddenly got some teeth and untapped upside.
    Wouldn’t be surprised to see Martin play higher up the ground.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems a good candidate for the wing opposite Hunter perhaps

Post Thanks / Like

Rather than say, McLean or a reprised Daniel?

From what I've seen of Martin we could gladly use his ground level pressure inside forward fifty.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Rather than say, McLean or a reprised Daniel?

From what I've seen of Martin we could gladly use his ground level pressure inside forward fifty.
    We often push a HF up into the contest then have them runback into the 50 to provide a forward option.

Jack Martin might just be the best uncontracted player on the market for that role.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

15. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Martin and AMT are our missing pieces. Quick, highly skilled, and players who can assert pressure on opposition. I’d gladly give up our first 2 picks for them.

Yes, they might be inconsistent, but when on song, both have showed to be complete match winners who can kick multiple goals. Just what we need, and if we threw in a Keath/Tomlinson down back, we are set imo.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sydney considering Harley Bennell.