Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 59 of 141 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Sydney considering Harley Bennell.
    Why not a huge amount retired .. get him right and you have a very good get.
    He will be a very late draft pick.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Sydney considering Harley Bennell.
    Actually sounds like a good fit for me if they can get him on the Ground
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

SEN reporting Ed Langdon has chosen Melbourne.

I'm happy with that. Hopefully that makes them pursuing Keath a bit harder (trade currency & salary cap), and I had my concerns on Langdon's disposal and hurt factor.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Out of all the names associated with us his was the least alluring to me.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

6. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I’m good without Langdon. He’s a good player but I like other targets and players already listed more in the role he would play.

As an aside - why on earth would you voluntarily go to Melbourne?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

8. Likes strebla, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Herald Sun reporting Essendon have unlimited high picks and no salary cap and are all of a sudden leading the pack on Martin... (And get a top 5 pick)...

Nice one Hun... From the article though of interest:

"But as Martin battled for form he suffered a finger injury and then was dropped upon his return, keen for a fresh start at a Victorian club.

At the Western Bulldogs, who aggressively tried to recruit him in the 2012 mini-draft, he would form part of a dynamic half forward line that also includes Bailey Dale, Sam Lloyd and star forward Aaron Naughton. (Schache too you dickheads)

The Dogs believe they are a solid chance to secure Adelaide’s Alex Keath, who wants a four-year deal but will not get it at Adelaide given the former state cricketer turns 28 early next year."
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    SEN reporting Ed Langdon has chosen Melbourne.

I'm happy with that. Hopefully that makes them pursuing Keath a bit harder (trade currency & salary cap), and I had my concerns on Langdon's disposal and hurt factor.
    If he has picked Melbourne over us then surely his decision making skills would best be regarded as highly questionable as well?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

11. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic, strebla, hujsh, KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Given I’d rather stick needles in my eyes than voluntarily watch a Freo game, isn’t Langdon a type we already have an abundance of anyway. Makes sense he’d choose a rabble like Melbourne, much more opportunity.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Stevo reporting we're into Josh Bruce.
    As I posted yesterday, the last rumour in the media on Bailey Williams was St Kilda being into him. I wonder if that is leading us to look at a trade involving players.

The In of Josh Bruce & Outs of Ed Langdon and Hill Brothers make the media list:

KPD - Keath, Bruce (was one at GWS, or swingman), Tomlinson, Moore (?)
    Mid - Martin, Smith (?)
    Fwd - AMT

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce hasn’t played key defence for years and was moved forward because he sucked back there. If he comes, it’ll be to bolster our forward line.

Seems like we’re genuinely into quite a few players, I do have concerns an influx of outsiders could disrupt the cohesion we’re building.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

16. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Would be shocked if StKilda were willing to trade Bruce away given that he's the main key forward (Membrey more a 3rd tall) and also spends time in the ruck, especially given that Longer and Pierce look to be on the way out and McCartin's future is clouded through concussion issues. King should be available next year which does give them more options but unless they want to bring in another ruckman and have Marshall play Bruce's role, it seems crazy for them to consider.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like Cogs has re-signed with GWS for 7 years, putting an end to all the speculation of the last month or two.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Bruce hasn’t played key defence for years and was moved forward because he sucked back there. If he comes, it’ll be to bolster our forward line.

Seems like we’re genuinely into quite a few players, I do have concerns an influx of outsiders could disrupt the cohesion we’re building.
    Probably 3, outside chance maybe 4 isn't that big a risky influx is it? Surely what we've built can accept 3 other pro footballers?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Seems like Cogs has re-signed with GWS for 7 years, putting an end to all the speculation of the last month or two.
    He got a Tom Boyd offer. Good for him. I wonder what they've got left to pay Tomlinson.

21. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post