Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 62 of 141 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I think that’s almost consensus. Say it’s Keath (KPD), Martin (mid/fwd) & AMT (high pressure fwd) and invest several hundred thousand into re-signing players while grabbing priority access players next year is healthy situation for next year and well beyond.
    Yep that will do for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I think that’s almost consensus. Say it’s Keath (KPD), Martin (mid/fwd) & AMT (high pressure fwd) and invest several hundred thousand into re-signing players while grabbing priority access players next year is healthy situation for next year and well beyond.
    Do we have the picks to do all that?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

- I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

4. Likes strebla, bornadog, Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'd happily look at Gray and Amon
    Is Sam Gray really that different to Dickson and Lloyd? Good player but might not be the best fit for us.
    I would have said yes before Dickson's last month.

Amon is a ready option for an outside runner, 24 so perfect age for us.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Do we have the picks to do all that?
    If we do some draft points trading I think we can. There are many avenues I see. For example (without going into fine detail), our first rounder goes on Martin (future something back), our second goes on Keath (4 year deal brings his value down), our 3 X 3rd rounders are circa 1,045 draft points goes to GWS for their natural first rounder along with a swap of first rounders next year (that gives them a likely draft points win and they don't partially burn the pick on Green, and carry over a likely better first rounder next year). That GWS natural 1st rounder is used on AMT.

Three trades in. High draft picks though.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 28-08-2019 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Typo
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

7. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably 3, outside chance maybe 4 isn't that big a risky influx is it? Surely what we've built can accept 3 other pro footballers?
    Agree BT. Will only make our list stronger. Personally I prefer Bruce to Carlisle with his dodgy back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Agree BT. Will only make our list stronger. Personally I prefer Bruce to Carlisle with his dodgy back.
    You've got to think about why St Kilda want to off load him. It's not talent. That dodgy back you refer to might just be the reason and they're looking for anything in a trade and his $600,000 off the books.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

You've got to think about why St Kilda want to off load him. It's not talent. That dodgy back you refer to might just be the reason and they're looking for anything in a trade and his $600,000 off the books.
    I was reading that he had to play a certain number of games this year to trigger another year. He just got there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I was reading that he had to play a certain number of games this year to trigger another year. He just got there.
    Blame the match committee....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Is Sam Gray really that different to Dickson and Lloyd? Good player but might not be the best fit for us.
    I would have said yes before Dickson's last month.

Amon is a ready option for an outside runner, 24 so perfect age for us.
    Gray would be more if Dickson wasn't going to play on next season

Agree that Amon would be a good low key option for us. I suspect we will go hard at Smith though
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Blame the match committee....
    Probably played injured. Looked like it in the last couple of games I saw.

Post Thanks / Like

An interesting article on Martin and our interest....but $600k ???

Gold Coast midfielder Jack Martin officially requested a trade out the door yesterday and Sam Edmund believes Carlton is his club of choice.

The Blues have missed out on GWS’ Stephen Coniglio, who re-signed with the club, but Edmund added that Carlton doesn’t necessarily want to dip into their Coniglio-cash fund to pay Martin.

“Jack Martin, now this could be really interesting, the fact that he was on about $600,000 a year at the Suns will form part of why it is so interesting,” he told SEN Breakfast.

“My understanding is he’d prefer to play for Carlton. I know there was a lot of talk about Essendon last year and it would have happened if the Bombers had the picks to make it happen.

“He wants to play for Carlton, but I don’t think the Blues are going to pony up.”

Edmund added that the Western Bulldogs may be more willing to spend on Martin than Carlton.

“I think he wants to play for the Blues and if Essendon are out, the Western Bulldogs certainly aren’t,” he said.

“I’m hearing they’re even willing to pay close to that $600,000 to get him there.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/08/...oin-the-blues/
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Top 15 Trade Targets, via Fox Sports: (only the key ones)

Alex Keath

It’s now looking more likely Keath, who wants a four-year deal, will leave the Crows, who are only prepared to offer him a two-year contract. Keath, who had a breakout season in 2019 to become one of the league’s best intercept mark defenders, has been linked to the Western Bulldogs and Melbourne. Keath has managed 30 matches across three seasons.

Jack Martin

The 24-year-old officially told the Suns he wants out on Tuesday, with Essendon, Carlton and the Western Bulldogs eyeing off the midfielder. The Bombers were linked to Martin last trade period, but a deal couldn’t be brokered. While Martin hails from Western Australia, his partner is from Victoria and is keen to return home.

Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti

A barometer for Essendon in 2019, McDonald-Tipungwuti has put off contract talks until the end of the season in an attempt to maximise his worth for a new deal. Subsequently, he’s attracted interest from rival clubs such as Carlton, North Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs. Essendon legend Tim Watson last month said his ex-club should pay McDonald-Tipungwuti “whatever he wants” in order to keep him. Collingwood great Tony Shaw told 3AW Football on Friday night McDonald-Tipungwuti is worth $600,000 a year at his best form — which he showed off against Collingwood with 2.1 from 18 disposals, five inside 50s, four score assists and 433m gained.

16. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If we could get all 3 BT, I’d be over the moon.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

They also say that Tomlinson is staying at GWS or going to St Kilda. If true, wipe him off the list with Langdon. I don't think the Moore one is true. So the main targets according to the media are:

D - Keath
    M - Martin, Smith (?)
    F - AMT, Bruce

No really big names, but some really good mature role players. I like it.