Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 63 of 141 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

If we got Keath, Smith and Tippa we would be immeasurably better. Tippa would be insane in a really good side.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

2. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Brad Hill has requested a trade from Fremantle to Victoria.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-08-...ck-to-victoria

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post

Prefer Brad Hill over Smith and Tippa
    Last edited by bornadog; 28-08-2019 at 05:55 PM.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Prefer Brad Smith over Smith and Tippa
    Tell me about Brad Smith. Sounds exciting.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post

I doubt we're in the running at $900k+ pa.

Keath and one of Martin/Walla would be fantastic for us. I'd imagine Isaac Smith and/or Karl Amon wouldn't be too expensive either.

I'm on the fence about Josh Bruce who we have been linked to. Not fussed either way.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Prefer Brad Smith over Smith and Tippa
    Two years to go on his contract, surely he doesnt get to nominate a preferred club. Freo well within their rights to say we can get the best deal here and that's the path he takes?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Tell me about Brad Smith. Sounds exciting.
    Should see him, will be the next Bont
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I doubt we're in the running at $900k+ pa.

Keath and one of Martin/Walla would be fantastic for us. I'd imagine Isaac Smith and/or Karl Amon wouldn't be too expensive either.

I'm on the fence about Josh Bruce who we have been linked to. Not fussed either way.
    Bruce would be a great fit for us. He’s helped Marshall in the ruck which means Schache and Naughts wouldn’t need to, he’s a competitive beast and with Naughton would make our forward line a hell of a lot more dangerous in the air. It also means we can move Naughts up the ground up or even stem the flow down back for periods if our defence is under siege.

Makes a lot of sense.

A post season haul of Keath, Bruce & one of Martin/Walla/Smith would be an A+ from me.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

12. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Bruce would be a great fit for us. He’s helped Marshall in the ruck which means Schache and Naughts wouldn’t need to, he’s a competitive beast and with Naughton would make our forward line a hell of a lot more dangerous in the air. It also means we can move Naughts up the ground up or even stem the flow down back for periods if our defence is under siege.

Makes a lot of sense.

A post season haul of Keath, Bruce & one of Martin/Walla/Smith would be an A+ from me.
    If Essendon go after Martin there might be a better chance of us getting Walla. But then there are those bloody Hawks always sticking their nose in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Two years to go on his contract, surely he doesnt get to nominate a preferred club. Freo well within their rights to say we can get the best deal here and that's the path he takes?
    In theory sure, but in reality, of the 10 victorian clubs, most likely only at most 4 will meet with him (others will say he's not a priority/can't fit him into cap/etc) and of those 4, you're probably only getting at most 2 genuine contract offers at which point Freo basically have to ask him who they should negotiate with and Hill will say X and Y or X if possible, else Y.

Post Thanks / Like

I would put good offers in front of the players we are interested but I wouldn't allow the players managers to run us up higher than we should be prepared to pay.

If players and their managers can't see that we are an vastly better prospect than say Essendon or the Hawks then they would be coming to us for just the money and we don't need players like that

If Essendon lose to West Coast in round one of the finals this year then I think I read it's been something like 51 years since those stuck up pricks have won a final by anyone other than Sheedy coaching them. They might be a big club but as sure as shooting they aren't actually a successful one

Memo to Jack Martin, come out now and nominate us as your preferred destination and we will get to work to make that happen but if you can't make a decision we will look elsewhere. Arrive to thrive
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

16. Likes ratsmac, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Makes a lot of sense.

Agreed. I have a strong inkling we'll play him back though.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Makes a lot of sense.

Would mean Schache doesn’t play.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Would mean Schache doesn’t play.
    Not at all.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Makes a lot of sense.

Bruce and Naughton as key forwards...would not look forward to seeing some of those set shots.

21. Likes DOG GOD, Topdog liked this post