Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 64 of 141 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Bruce and Naughton as key forwards...would not look forward to seeing some of those set shots.
    I don’t have Bruce’s set shot stats but he has kicked 171 goals & 95 points for his career (64%). He kicked 36.20 this year, I’d take that.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bruce and Naughton as key forwards...would not look forward to seeing some of those set shots.
    Bruce kicked 36 goals 20 behinds, 64% accuracy.

Off the top of my head that's above average.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Bruce kicked 36 goals 20 behinds, 64% accuracy.

Off the top of my head that's above average.
    His goal accuracy for the season is 50%, must have had quite a few shots that didn't score. That is rated as average.

Career accuracy at 54.8%, rated as above average.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    His goal accuracy for the season is 50%, must have had quite a few shots that didn't score. That is rated as average.

Career accuracy at 54.8%, rated as above average.
    Depends on where he took shots , set shots,on the run under pressure shots can’t judge on stats like that,he might come to us and be straightened up in his running lines and that would improve your scoring straight away.
    I think the important thing is how many shots he has, that gives you an idea on is he the main forward, what’s his average shots a game, where was he coached to run, is he forced to the boundary or up the ground in his role at St Kilda etc.
    I wonder how much recruiting is looked as accuracy in front of goal to be honest, you would lose a lot of great players if you just based on accuracy.

Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I had the impression that Bruce was particularly unreliable much like the team as a whole. Perhaps that was just his first season and he's straightened up a bit since

Post Thanks / Like

I had the impression that Bruce was particularly unreliable much like the team as a whole. Perhaps that was just his first season and he's straightened up a bit since
    He did arrived at the Saints as a backman, was a much better forward.

Post Thanks / Like

For what it's worth a Saints colleague doesn't believe Bruce will be going anywhere.
    He's normally been on the mark

He also mentioned Carlisle to anyone willing to take him
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    For what it's worth a Saints colleague doesn't believe Bruce will be going anywhere.

They took Carlisle in the first place and then this year played him enough so he’d trigger an extension. Idiots.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    They took Carlisle in the first place and then this year played him enough so he’d trigger an extension. Idiots.
    This is the stupidity of that club. If you don't want to extend him, don't select him half fit. He was clearly not fit and they were clearly not playing for finals. It's one of the dumbest things I can remember out of any footy club.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

I was dead keen on Carlisle when he was up for grabs a few years back. A fellow Dogs mate who had a relative on Essendon’s list said “stay well clear.” I think even the Aints have worked it out, now.

Post Thanks / Like

GC probably have nothing to lose taking him if they can get him cheap enough. They must have a lot of cap room they need to fill and their backmen are injured anyways so one more in rehab won't hurt. Maybe the whole point of Stk reaching the trigger was to get more for Carlisle than they would have otherwise.

Post Thanks / Like

Could this guy fill our small forward needs? Being from WA I'm sure MJP could provide some insight?

Another Sun gone as Ah Chee seeks fresh start

Talented Gold Coast utility Callum Ah Chee is seeking a fresh start at another club after his injury battles restricted him to just one game with the Suns during 2019.

The Suns football manager Jon Haines confirmed that the 21-year-old told the club at his exit interview he wanted to explore further opportunities during this year's trade period after four years at the club for 45 games.

"Callum and his manager will work through his options, as will the club's list management team, in a bid to get the best possible outcome," Haines said.

Recruited from Western Australia as a small forward with pick eight in the 2015 national draft, Ah Chee kicked five goals in just his 19th game but has played predominantly as a skilful defender in recent seasons.

Ah Chee's decision is disappointing for the Suns as they were hopeful he would re-sign. However football sources say they accept the reasons behind his desire to change clubs.

It comes on the back of Jack Martin's not unexpected decision to request a trade on the day club CEO Mark Evans and chairman Tony Cochrane presented a case to the AFL Commission for special assistance with the club hoping to secure the top two picks in the upcoming national draft.

The Suns are interested in securing veteran Hawk Shaun Burgoyne and are confident the culture they are building will help them retain players despite the fact the club has not played finals after nine years in the competition and lost the final 18 games of this season.

They managed to retain co-captain David Swallow and locked in talented youngster Izak Rankine this season and remain hopeful of keeping top six picks Ben King and Jack Lukosius beyond 2020.

Industry sources believe the Brisbane Lions are interested in Ah Chee but the Lions refused to comment when contacted about the speculation.

The Lions have been major players in recent seasons during the trade period, securing Luke Hodge, Lachie Neale, Lincoln McCarthy, Marcus Adams and Jarryd Lyons who have all played key roles in elevating the Lions from 15th in 2018 to second on the ladder this year.

If they were to pursue Ah Chee it's unclear how they would get a deal done with the Suns.

Ah Chee is also sure to be of interest to several clubs with Carlton – who are interested in Martin – publicly declaring their desire to recruit small forwards during this off-season with Ah Chee capable of playing either end. Port Adelaide small forward Sam Gray has also indicated he wants to explore trade opportunities.

14. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    GC probably have nothing to lose taking him if they can get him cheap enough. They must have a lot of cap room they need to fill and their backmen are injured anyways so one more in rehab won't hurt. Maybe the whole point of Stk reaching the trigger was to get more for Carlisle than they would have otherwise.
    GCS had cap issues last year, widely reported. They've had to overpay players to retain them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    That's fine Martin to them Tippa to us.
    I get the feeling that they are back in for Martin because they realise that Tippa is now probably on the move and replace like for like.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    I get the feeling that they are back in for Martin because they realise that Tippa is now probably on the move and replace like for like.
    I'd prefer it the other way round to be honest.