Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 75 of 141 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485125 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2106
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Will be 30 at the start of next year, so he better get a crack on if he wants his AFL career to continue.
    I'd imagine a 1 year rookie contract on base salary as ruck injury cover is his best bet.
    Perhaps a nod to Trengove being played as a KPD next year (he spent last pre-season training as a ruck).
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Smith could be a smart get. He's a clever player who doesn't play like a Ruckman but is certainly big enough to halve contests against all but the best. Very mobile and while it's true he doesn't like the hard stuff I wouldn't think that's what Bevo would have in mind for him. He's extremely fit when he's on the park and can out run most big men. I think we'd have something similar along the lines of what English is currently doing for us.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I've been advocating the need for an experienced back up ruckman. So I'm pleased we are scouting for one.
    Same here. We took too much of a risk this year. Nothing wrong with having a decent support option
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I’ll also remind our viewers that he is the faux tough guy that nearly killed JJ by shoving him headfirst towards the post. He did it to another player last year too.

Did anyone notice him throw an elbow at a player going past after he took a mark in their forwardline in the Ballarat game? Absolute cretin.
    It was Suckers he heroically flung an elbow at as Piggy was tracking his man past the mark.

Never mind the fact we'd euthanised them by quarter time, you keep flying the flag big feller.

These days Tex tends to save his days out against crap opposition or when the game has no pulse left. Precisely what you want from a skipper.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

I was always confused on why you would name a full forward as captain, you need your captain when your in trouble, can’t do athing if your at fullforward and the ball is down the other end.
    He isn’t a player who can go back and make a presence.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I was always confused on why you would name a full forward as captain, you need your captain when your in trouble, can’t do athing if your at fullforward and the ball is down the other end.
    He isn’t a player who can go back and make a presence.
    I'd be sick if they expected me to play under a hero like Walker as my captain.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Hawthorn into Keath as well now. This one might be tough with four clubs chasing hard. Unless we can outbid them all, or want to. Other KPD options available??
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Hawthorn into Keath as well now. This one might be tough with four clubs chasing hard. Unless we can outbid them all, or want to. Other KPD options available??
    **** Hawthorn.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

9. Likes bulldogtragic, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have met Tex and he’s actually a nice guy.

If he lost 5-10kg I’d be keen, otherwise Bruce is a better and more flexible option.

11. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Have met Tex and he’s actually a nice guy.

If he lost 5-10kg I’d be keen, otherwise Bruce is a better and more flexible option.
    I think his mouth opens before the brain kicks in at times which isn’t good for a captain as the media jump on it ASAP.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    **** Hawthorn.
    Not the old ,under bidder to hawthorn trick ....

Post Thanks / Like

So confirmed interest: Martin (Carlton, Essendon), Keath (Hawthorn, Saints, Melbourne)
    Stevo saying interest: Bruce (St Kilda contract)
    Possible interest via media: I. Smith (GCS, St Kilda, Hawthorn contract), Z. Smith (St Kilda)
    ----------------------------------------------
    Going elsewhere: Langdon to Melbourne
    Don't compete: B. Hill $900,000++ (St Kilda), Tomlinson $750,000 (St Kilda)

So in no order (1) fwd/mid, (2) intercepting CHB, (3) KPF (maybe swingman, our 2nd ruck), (4) outside runner and good user, (5) mature back up ruck with afl experience.

We currently look to have five list spots open. So only two of the above players can squeeze in if/when Dale & Williams sign (& 3 draft picks). But I like four of those descriptions, that fit within the cap. For the sake of discussion, if Martin & Bruce sign on, should Dickson be kept on? If the choice was say Lynch, traded or paid out, or Zak Smith as a mature role player with a few seasons left (leaving JT as a defender if that's the want), what do we do? If a club like GCS wanted physical players, would you try to stop Jong or Gowers from entertaining a move?

Bevo has said he wants to keep the group together, which is a good strong sentiment. But owing to where we are with our list, if we actually want to bring 3 or 4 of these guys in, we need to lose one or two extra. Interestingly for the 100 trade rumours already, none involve a Bulldogs player leaving at this point. Pretending we got three or four trades in, who are your one or two players that need to make way? (It seems crazy to discuss bringing in all this potential talent without how we can actually get them onto the list)
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

15. Thanks Twodogs, Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Didn't he just kick 5 goals against us in his last hitout?

It could easily be argued he is as good an option or even slightly better than Josh Bruce as a 3rd wheel in our forward line. He is a very unpopular player with opposition supporters, which I think clouds judgement on his actual onfield performance.
    He did, but this is exactly the type of false flag that has kept the criticism of him fairly minimal.

He will be completely invisible for three or more quarters, his player will run off and be damaging as he walks gingerly behind pointing at others, but he will snag a few in junk time or against lesser opposition and it will make his stats look okay on paper.

I have watched him closely live a lot this year. Trust me, he has either been playing super injured or he is super cooked. Wide berth.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    So confirmed interest: Martin (Carlton, Essendon), Keath (Hawthorn, Saints, Melbourne)
    Stevo saying interest: Bruce (St Kilda contract)
    Possible interest via media: I. Smith (GCS, St Kilda, Hawthorn contract), Z. Smith (St Kilda)
    ----------------------------------------------
    Going elsewhere: Langdon to Melbourne
    Don't compete: B. Hill $900,000++ (St Kilda), Tomlinson $750,000 (St Kilda)

So in no order (1) fwd/mid, (2) intercepting CHB, (3) KPF (maybe swingman, our 2nd ruck), (4) outside runner and good user, (5) mature back up ruck with afl experience.

We currently look to have five list spots open. So only two of the above players can squeeze in if/when Dale & Williams sign (& 3 draft picks). But I like four of those descriptions, that fit within the cap. For the sake of discussion, if Martin & Bruce sign on, should Dickson be kept on? If the choice was say Lynch, traded or paid out, or Zak Smith as a mature role player with a few seasons left (leaving JT as a defender if that's the want), what do we do? If a club like GCS wanted physical players, would you try to stop Jong or Gowers from entertaining a move?

Bevo has said he wants to keep the group together, which is a good strong sentiment. But owing to where we are with our list, if we actually want to bring 3 or 4 of these guys in, we need to lose one or two extra. Interestingly for the 100 trade rumours already, none involve a Bulldogs player leaving at this point. Pretending we got three or four trades in, who are your one or two players that need to make way? (It seems crazy to discuss bringing in all this potential talent without how we can actually get them onto the list)
    How can the saints possibly afford that with Carlisle and Hannebery both on whopping contracts? Maybe if the rumour that jack steven is out the door, but thats still huuuuge for tomlinson (and hill tbh)
    The dam wall has busted!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    How can the saints possibly afford that with Carlisle and Hannebery both on whopping contracts? Maybe if the rumour that jack steven is out the door, but thats still huuuuge for tomlinson (and hill tbh)
    Yeah, I can only assume Steven & Carlisle will go. Bruce to us maybe too would free them right up. I don't know if McCartin is around long term. When I read $750,000 on Tomlinson my reaction was 'sold'. I like him, but not near that.