Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 90 of 141 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2106
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

I haven't a clue if he'd be remotely interested but would it hurt to have a chat with Adam Goodes?

If we're serious about not just building better indigenous representation/culture but eventually being a progressive industry leader on that front I could think of few better.

We clearly need to do something bold.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    I haven't a clue if he'd be remotely interested but would it hurt to have a chat with Adam Goodes?

If we're serious about not just building better indigenous representation/culture but eventually being a progressive industry leader on that front I could think of few better.

We clearly need to do something bold.
    From all reports he doesn't want anything to do with footy in any way, shape or form.

Post Thanks / Like

I've read the article and still can't work out how he chose Carlton when we had the better offer. There's more to it surely.

4. Likes Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I've read the article and still can't work out how he chose Carlton when we had the better offer. There's more to it surely.
    No mentor and no members of the mob. I posted earlier when we were first interested that's he's hanging out for Essendon but will be OK with Carlton. It's got nothing to do with Cripps they've sold the fact they have two Digi boys and are trying their hardest to get Betts over. Koorie boys need to be connected.

Martin had a Koorie coach at Gold Coast, would have assisted immeasurably. We need to do the same if we can't get the players first. It's not hard if you understand how Aboriginal people think.

Clarke is gettable at the Tiges if we pitch the programme the right way.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

6. Thanks Raw Toast, bornadog, bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes azabob, Dry Rot, Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Players are sold the big picture by the big clubs and it sells unfortunately. We want a decent player we have to pay as they say the "sh*t club" tax of 30 - 40% more than the destination clubs. We can attract the mid type players as they know that they will be paid overs. We then hope like hell they turn out ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Adelaide's Alex Keath looks destined for Western Bulldogs in a defensive coup, report
    @RalphyHeraldSun
    @ClarkyHeraldSun
    and
    @SamLandsberger
    https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...cf009fce309c6a

9. Likes Mofra, bulldogtragic, Remi Moses liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Adelaide's Alex Keath looks destined for Western Bulldogs in a defensive coup, report
    @RalphyHeraldSun
    @ClarkyHeraldSun
    and
    @SamLandsberger
    https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...cf009fce309c6a
    https://www.facebook.com/supercoach/...56377962876440

If you go via the FaceBook supercoach page you can get around the URL block and read some articles.

JOSH BRUCE

On his way to the Western Bulldogs if they can strike a suitable deal with St Kilda for the strong-marking forward. The Dogs want another target inside 50m and the Saints need to make room for Max King. A second-round pick could clinch the move. The Dogs are prepared to offer a three or four year deal to get Bruce over the line.

ALEX KEATH

Keath is asking for as much as $600,000 over four years, which Adelaide won’t be paying. So everything points to a move that will likely land him at the Dogs. It’s plenty of cash to spend but it rounds out their backline with Zaine Cordy and Easton Wood having plenty of fuel left in the tank.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

11. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post

If you go via the FaceBook supercoach page you can get around the URL block and read some articles.
    I read it via twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Speculation that Rory Laird is on the way out of Adelaide.

Post Thanks / Like

If we can get that pick 27 from Port, we address KPD & KPF needs with picks 27 & 30, with pick 12 in our pocket for use or trade. Nice place to be in.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If we can get that pick 27 from Port, we address KPD & KPF needs with picks 27 & 30, with pick 12 in our pocket for use or trade. Nice place to be in.
    Is that the 'trade up' hypothetical you posted earlier?

If we get that done, Power's a genius. The three third rounders surely have to be used to manoeuvre into something. If we were to pick up Bruce & Keath and a 'cheapie' somewhere (e.g. Rory Atkins as an RFA) and somehow had a mid-range second round pick to use at the draft I'd be over the moon.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Is that the 'trade up' hypothetical you posted earlier?

If we get that done, Power's a genius. The three third rounders surely have to be used to manoeuvre into something. If we were to pick up Bruce & Keath and a 'cheapie' somewhere (e.g. Rory Atkins as an RFA) and somehow had a mid-range second round pick to use at the draft I'd be over the moon.
    Nah, the draft points trade with Port Adelaide I've wanted for a couple of months now. Essentially, picks 41, 46, 48 & 2020 4th for Port's Pick 27 and 2020 3rd.

Port get more than enough points to guarantee them Mead & Burgoyne. We get a mid second rounder that secures Bruce & Keath and some extra points for next year. Essentially (say pick 27 is for Bruce) it costs us two third rounders.

That's how I'd like to see us manoeuvre the group of thirds. Pick 12 (keep or trade), Bruce & Keath and then whatever else the trade period throws up (& more 2020 points, GCS 2nd, 3rd & 4th for our 2020 first rounder gives us a big points win).
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    What about Jamarra Ugle-Hagan as our NGA? If he is touted as top five, surely we are using pick 12 to secure him?
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    What about Jamarra Ugle-Hagan as our NGA? If he is touted as top five, surely we are using pick 12 to secure him?
    JUH is next year.

19. Likes Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don Pyke has just resigned. Wonder what that does for players wanting out.