Thanks Thanks:  192
Likes Likes:  663
Page 92 of 141 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2106
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proactive Poaching

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Should we make an offer to Daniher? Could he fit in the team with Schache?
    Nut sure they can (plus Naughtin, and likely Keath & Bruce), or they we could appease Dodoro. Let Sydney deal with him, but I'm happy to offer Sydney 12 (to help them) if we get a genuinely good player for it. I only really like Hayward (no chance he leaves), Florent & Papley.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Nut sure they can (plus Naughtin, and likely Keath & Bruce), or they we could appease Dodoro. Let Sydney deal with him, but I'm happy to offer Sydney 12 (to help them) if we get a genuinely good player for it. I only really like Hayward (no chance he leaves), Florent & Papley.
    I hadn't thought of applying the squeeze to Essendon's cap but I should have. Is there a strategic advantage for us to do it?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I hadn't thought of applying the squeeze to Essendon's cap but I should have. Is there a strategic advantage for us to do it?
    They are after Ryder (met him today/this week), Langdon and Powell-Pepper, as well now after signing AMT, maybe still after Jack Martin too. So Dainher is gone or AFEL house has signed off on further 'salary cap doesn't apply to you' measures. I suspect Daniher is already as good as gone, it's just a matter of what it takes to move Dodoro and how long it takes. If a second first rounder is needed for Sydney, that's where we could find something if value if we can convince a good young player to play for us.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 13-09-2019 at 04:27 AM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

600k for Keith is absurd. One good year and he is on the same coin as our norm smith medallist!

Paying overs s***s me!

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Freo stick to their word. AFEL.com.au reporting that Freo are demanding pick 5 for Brad Hill. Will not accept two lower picks.

1. Zak Jones to them seems certain. If 5 is off the table for at least the start, they need a second rounder from Bruce heading to us to make it happen without it being stalled by Freo. So maybe this happens quick and easy.

2. Alex Keath. St Kilda may be the only other main suitor for him. But if pick 5 has to go, or St Kilda get stuck in a slog with Freo (like the Hogan trade last year), it's possible St Kilda might not have a pick this year to do it if Jack Stevens goes to Geelong put that pick is earmarked for Paddy Ryder. Realities might make Keath and his manager see the obvious trade partner as us, plus a good contract and further into the rebuild phase.

So here's hoping Peter Bell applies the blow torch and creates an environment where we may benefit (if only a little) from them fighting it out.

6. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Apparently on $350,000-$400,000. At that price what does he do as a midfielder that we don't have is the question?
    He's had 2 years in the system and is signed for another 2. He's more of a forward who takes a turn in the midfield and if he could be acquired cheaply he's worth considering
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

8. Likes anfo27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    600k for Keith is absurd. One good year and he is on the same coin as our norm smith medallist!

Paying overs s***s me!
    It's a bit of a risk granted. Welcome to the new way of doing things

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He's had 2 years in the system and is signed for another 2. He's more of a forward who takes a turn in the midfield and if he could be acquired cheaply he's worth considering
    it looks like a salary cap dump to me. Also has had 2 knee reco's. A 3rd round pick at best from our perspective. Good potential however, but is he what we need though?
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

11. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    it looks like a salary cap dump to me. Also has had 2 knee reco's. A 3rd round pick at best from our perspective. Good potential however, but is he what we need though?
    Yep, a third round pick would be about right. On his potential alone he would be an upgrade on a few others we have.

Post Thanks / Like

There will be a mini series on the Daniher to Sydney scenario
    Could be an interesting trade period

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's a bit of a risk granted. Welcome to the new way of doing things
    Is it the new way, Or is it the new bulldog way?

We have cap space we have to spend but surely that doesn’t mean we go after tier 2 players with tier one salaries...

Reeks of desperation in a time where players are choosing big clubs for less money. I also heard 4 years!!

he is a hamling style target. One good year and around the 400-450 mark. The message that must send to the kids we’ve just signed this year for less is risky.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    There will be a mini series on the Daniher to Sydney scenario
    Could be an interesting trade period
    We might be able to play a part in getting that deal done

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post

Paying overs s***s me!
    We have to meet the cap floor otherwise we cop a 5% penalty in subsequent years.

There were at least 83 players on $600k or more a couple of years ago, that figure is surely over 90 now.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Should we make an offer to Daniher? Could he fit in the team with Schache?
    Hell no.
    Cost in terms of $$$ and picks would be astronomical for a bloke who may not be able to get on the paddock. It would mean we don't get anyone else. I'd rather Bruce & Keath for a similar price (sightly higher aggregate contract which isn't a problem given our cap space, much lower trade cost).
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

18. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Brad Hill has nominated Saints
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.