Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  119
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Fremantle R6 2019

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    What’s the read on Cavarra? Can he bring something as that small forward? I have never seen him play. Is he a smart footballer?
    There's a spot in our team for a smart, quick small forward who works hard to keep it in our F50. Richmond have about 8 of these types on their list so it would be nice if we had 1.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

2. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Dickson only 4 touches, really must lift.
    I've held off and held off but now come around to the view it's time to move on. Dicko might be a handy bit-parter on a contender but it's doing nothing for us given our phase of development persisting with him.

Get games into others in the role.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Did having Trengove in the team help English? I thought English was able to run out the game better and at least had some relief. Trengove didn’t find the footy much but as able to assist in defence. Just not sure how effective he was.
    With Trengove and Cordy, their tall forwards were ineffective, so we nullified them. Unfortunately their smalls kicked all the goals.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    We will struggle for the rest of the season I fear. The eight is beyond us even at this early stage. We lack size, ability and skill. Endeavour is fine but it doesn't win a lot of games when you have the three millstone I mentioned holding you back.
    Gowers - he has flattered to deceive I'm afraid. Tory Dickson has to nail 90% of his opportunities or I'm afraid it's time for him. Young? The judge is still out. Will Hayes - same. The Bont? Trying his guts out but just not getting much support. Dunckley- has not come on as expected. English is doing nicely. Crozier is having a good year. Caleb Daniel - easily our best player. Corey was solid. McLean had some good patches. Mitch was solid for four quarters. Libba would not be satisfied with his game. Richards will be a good player.
    Our ball use is terrible, our goal kicking is a disgrace. We have fallen a long way since Oct 1, 2016.

Sorry for the pessimism. I was on top of the world after the Hawthorn win. The joy has been replaced with despair - and so quickly. We need to make changes for sure.
    I don’t read this as pessimistic more realistic. Pretty good assessment on our current state. We are carrying a few passengers and that really highlights our current predicament. Unfortunately our forward line will continue to struggle until we can get some of our key forwards back into form. Hopefully this can happen but we will struggle to score until then. We also need to continue to work on disposal.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 daughters, and 2 are old enough to know Daddy love the dogs... so they ask if we won after every match. I bloody need a win soon or they'll loose interest or go for the local mob (Brisbane).

Post Thanks / Like

With Trengove and Cordy, their tall forwards were ineffective, so we nullified them. Unfortunately their smalls kicked all the goals.

Thanks BAD. That’s the way I saw it as well. Cordy again was good playing on a taller opponent. Trengove seemed to play a negating role as well just wasn’t sure who he was on - he seemed to play on a few opponents.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    There's a spot in our team for a smart, quick small forward who works hard to keep it in our F50. Richmond have about 8 of these types on their list so it would be nice if we had 1.

Lloyd could play that role if he had support. He did kick two tonight. Agree though we need to find few more. Cavarra, Lipinski and Dale would be the ones that could fit this role.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Lloyd could play that role if he had support. He did kick two tonight. Agree though we need to find few more. Cavarra, Lipinski and Dale would be the ones that could fit this role.
    Cavarra is unknown at this level, but let's hope he comes good. I would bring in Lippa and Dale and drop Dickson and Gowers. Hopefully Schache can also find form.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    The old honourable loss.

How I missed you.
    I’d settle for the return of its flip side... The Ugly Win.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

12. Likes Murphy'sLore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cavarra is unknown at this level, but let's hope he comes good. I would bring in Lippa and Dale and drop Dickson and Gowers. Hopefully Schache can also find form.
    Cavara won't be much. Lippa could be.

Cavara will come in.

Post Thanks / Like

How many goals did we get from a genuine full forward or genuine centre half forward? None! Because we didnÂ’t have them.

Having multiple talls gives multiple targets and splits the defenders. As someone pointed out our forward line was too short - and was easy to spoil and outmark.

It is about time we had a balanced team on the field. That would take a lot of pressure off the smaller forwards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    How many goals did we get from a genuine full forward or genuine centre half forward? None! Because we didnÂ’t have them.

Having multiple talls gives multiple targets and splits the defenders. As someone pointed out our forward line was too short - and was easy to spoil and outmark.

It is about time we had a balanced team on the field. That would take a lot of pressure off the smaller forwards.
    Yeah, but Bevo is the messiah and he really likes our assistant coaches. And a flag is good but rookie lists are better.

And you can't win with conventional structures, you need a gimmick.

So... pump up the dance music boys (cause Bevo lets you do that much...) You won't be dancing with any paid up members though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post

True but to have a balanced team we need those players to be in form or alternatively do we just play them in the hope that they come good? Ie. bring in both Schache and Boyd for s long spell in the seniors.

Post Thanks / Like

Jesse Hogan had 17 disposals and 9 marks. If he had kicked better he would have had 5+ goals. Wish we had a forward getting the ball that often.

Post Thanks / Like

We lowered our eyes better tonight but our disposal efficiency and our mid forwards just weren't up to it. We still plonked it on Gowers' head over and over again so if we want to do this it would be good to have a Schache / Boyd compete with the likes of their Pearce.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.