Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  55
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Sydney Stack went from being ignored in two drafts last year to cult hero status in four games

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Hopefully could be out tomorrow.
    I just can’t believe he actually sat in there for two weeks. Can you imagine this happening to a player with a higher profile?

2. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Sydney Stack went from being ignored in two drafts last year to cult hero status in four games

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I just can’t believe he actually sat in there for two weeks. Can you imagine this happening to a player with a higher profile?
    It's certainly out of sync with what I think would have been a reasonable outcome.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I just can’t believe he actually sat in there for two weeks. Can you imagine this happening to a player with a lighter complexion?
    Fixed.

It's confounding neither club nor league have been more vocal or active in their advocacy while a young, black player sits in a cell for something industry peers have had handled with fines and if they're truly unlucky, suspensions.

It's shameful.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Fixed.

It's confounding neither club nor league have been more vocal or active in their advocacy while a young, black player sits in a cell for something industry peers have had handled with fines and if they're truly unlucky, suspensions.

It's shameful.
    I have this vision of the AFL and Richmond putting it in the “too hard/better things to do” basket over their Christmas breaks. I just can’t understand how else he wasn’t out in a day (or that he even went in at all).

Post Thanks / Like

I have this vision of the AFL and Richmond putting it in the “too hard/better things to do” basket over their Christmas breaks. I just can’t understand how else he wasn’t out in a day (or that he even went in at all).
    OK.
    Can I just say the situation is a bit more complicated than that and both Richmond and the PA have been left without much of a leg to stand on? I can't/don't want to go into depth on why this is the case but I am confident that both parties already mentioned and Syd's own manager would have been shouting from the rooftops if they could...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

7. Thanks The Adelaide Connection thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So the AFL put the mute on its subsidiaries?
    Disgrace if so.

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.