Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things I have learned- R6 v Fremantle.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Hooooly sheeeeeeeet!

45.70??!

Coaches need to get a grip and accept they can't do this. Get someone who can.

Our results smack of inexperience.
    11.16 (16.10 v Hawks) 9.14 9.10 7.15 9.15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    11.16 (16.10 v Hawks) 9.14 9.10 7.15 9.15
    Swap those around and there are some pretty respectable scores there

3. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Our goalkicking is inexcusable and whatever we've tried to do to address it so far simply isn't working.
    2. Dickson is horrendously outside our best 22.
    3. Caleb Daniel might be the smartest footballer in the league.

Post Thanks / Like

1. I still don’t know where our goals will come from. Great midfield work, good defence, moving into attack and locking it in is appalling.
    2. Best game we’ve seen English play - very noticeable when he isn’t against the comps elite rucks. Huge potential.
    3. It feels there is something right on the tipping point w our game. We look great when we get clearances and for patches we dominate - can’t score - but dominate. Just tired of “young team” being the reason/excuse

Post Thanks / Like

1. Caleb Daniel will most likely win the B&F this year. Outstanding start to the year
    2. English took a stride for the better last night, maybe having Trengove??
    3. Gowers is a VFL player and Dickson has a fork in him. Can no longer carry both.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

7. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We sure could use Daniel's smartness in the forward line.
    2. Timmy English will be a star.
    3. Bailey Smith will be a star.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Another one:

We should have done more to keep Hamling. Massive loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    3. Hamling is a damn good footballer. What I wouldn't give to have him back in our colours.
    I was and I am still fuming about that. It showed other clubs and our own players that we aren't a serious destination and will happily bend over to facilitate other clubs.

It's unbelievable that we just stood by and let him go. Even if he did have a sick parent then bad luck. We have these things called aeroplanes that allow you to get from one end of the country to the other in no time and he could have gone back when he needed to. We went out of our way to facilitate a clearance when we should have held firm and said "Hang on son, we gave you a chance to play AFL and made you into a premiership player, don't you think that you might owe us a bit going the other way? If there is a problem with your dad then we will find a way to deal with it"

What was exactly the wrong thing to do was what we did and fall over ourselves giving the reigning premiership key defender away. And the trade we did for him was a disaster giving them Hamling and upgrading picks 40 and 63 in return for for picks 35, 43 and 61.. Why was it incumbent on us to sweeten the deal with trade picks? We should have gone to Hamling and said "we know that Freo have been in your ear since the start of the season but they are just taking the piss with what they are offering, have a look at this. But if you stay then all will be forgiven. I am convinced that our club doesn't think it can hold out and must collapse at the first sign of the other side playing hard ball. In that situation what would have been the worst outcome? Hamling stays? How was that a bad thing.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I was and I am still fuming about that. It showed other clubs and our own players that we aren't a serious destination and will happily bend over to facilitate other clubs.

It's unbelievable that we just stood by and let him go. Even if he did have a sick parent then bad luck. We have these things called aeroplanes that allow you to get from one end of the country to the other in no time and he could have gone back when he needed to. We went out of our way to facilitate a clearance when we should have held firm and said "Hang on son, we gave you a chance to play AFL and made you into a premiership player, don't you think that you might owe us a bit going the other way? If there is a problem with your dad then we will find a way to deal with it"

What was exactly the wrong thing to do was what we did and fall over ourselves giving the reigning premiership key defender away. And the trade we did for him was a disaster giving them Hamling and upgrading picks 40 and 63 in return for for picks 35, 43 and 61.. Why was it incumbent on us to sweeten the deal with trade picks? We should have gone to Hamling and said "we know that Freo have been in your ear since the start of the season but they are just taking the piss with what they are offering, have a look at this. But if you stay then all will be forgiven. I am convinced that our club doesn't think it can hold out and must collapse at the first sign of the other side playing hard ball. In that situation what would have been the worst outcome? Hamling stays? How was that a bad thing.
    Good post Twodogs. We never play hardball with our players and every club knows it. It’s like we go into panic mode. This certainly doesn’t help our case as a destination club either.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Good post Twodogs. We never play hardball with our players and every club knows it. It’s like we go into panic mode. This certainly doesn’t help our case as a destination club either.
    Yep other clubs see us coming and must rub their hands together with glee.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

12. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Naughton had a shocker and needs to bounce back. Has to learn to put mistakes behind him.
    2. Tory Dickson has lost pace.
    3. Smith and English will be 200 game players.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

1. We did well getting Lloyd for next to nothing. Still gelling into the team, and we seem to miss rewarding his hard work at times and not kick to him, but I feel very comfortable when he gets the footy.
    2. Bailey Smith is a jet, with bundles more class than many of his team mates.
    3. We have too many players that have a crack but ultimately have VFL level instincts and class/finishing skills.

Post Thanks / Like

1. English and Smith tantalising
    2. Daniel sublime
    3. Some poor conversion but all is not lost - things are never quite as bad or as good as they seem

16. Likes S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Apart from Lloyd our forward line needs a complete revamp
    2. We have too many of our players which includes Dunkley Wallis Hunter and Hayes with poor disposal skills
    3. Terrific performances by both English and Smith