Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs hope to play AFL matches at Whitten Oval under $150m redevelopment plan

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp....e-to-play-afl-

Western Bulldogs hope to play AFL matches at Whitten Oval under $150m redevelopment plan
    May 1, 2019 9:09am
    Michael Warner, EXCLUSIVEHerald Sun
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs hope to play AFL matches at Whitten Oval under $150m redevelopment plan

Any woofers can get access?
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs hope to play AFL matches at Whitten Oval under $150m redevelopment plan

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    I am trying to but the WOOF site keeps coming up with 403 errors
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Awesome news.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

5. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Nope.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...-oval-precinct

Very exciting if we can pull it together.

8. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love that we are thinking big with a grand vision.

If we can pull this off, it will ensure that our facilities are absolutely world class. It has to be a huge drawcard to attract players to our club, keep players at our club and set the tone of professionalism throughout every part of the club.

I love that our club is still at its spiritual home ground, unlike Hawthorn, Essendon, Collingwood etc

Post Thanks / Like

From our website :

https://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/new...-oval-precinct

Edit : Apologies already posted by westdog. Mods can delete I'm having issues (no delete option).
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 02-05-2019 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Duplicate

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Love that we are thinking big with a grand vision.

If we can pull this off, it will ensure that our facilities are absolutely world class. It has to be a huge drawcard to attract players to our club, keep players at our club and set the tone of professionalism throughout every part of the club.

I love that our club is still at its spiritual home ground, unlike Hawthorn, Essendon, Collingwood etc
    I went to watch Melbourne train in 2017 as my mate is a massive fan and we were getting some signatures for his birthday. Where they train is nice - Goshs paddock however it doesn't feel like a "spiritual" home or give them an identity. All of their gear was in a moving van and players were getting changed in the back. Even big Max! Marry that with playing VFL at Casey and your point hits the mark regarding still being at Whitten Oval by contrast.

12. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This sounds like a huge dream but if anyone can get it done, it's Gordon.

Did anyone say election campaign?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

14. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...-oval-precinct

Very exciting if we can pull it together.
    I hope there’s a VERY solid business plan behind this. It’s the type of project that could be the making of the club, but could also be a long term disaster. I’m also not in love with the club constantly going to government for funding (to whatever extent) but that’s more of an issue with taxpayers money going into professional sports teams.

16. Likes anfo27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I hope there’s a VERY solid business plan behind this. It’s the type of project that could be the making of the club, but could also be a long term disaster. I’m also not in love with the club constantly going to government for funding (to whatever extent) but that’s more of an issue with taxpayers money going into professional sports teams.
    Part of what will fund this plan is the use of the parcel of land gifted to the club near the railway. You can see from the sketches some new apartments.

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

18. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    There is always entrepreneurial risk. You could also argue that there is even more risk if we do nothing and fall behind all the other clubs.

World Class facilities that are open to the community is something that the Government should invest in. This is a shared resource, that includes facilities that everyone will use (e.g. Running Track). The Bulldogs have been an essential part of the community for 100+ years. The brand, the respect and reach to influence the community via the Community Foundation should not be understated. We can have a significant positive influence on the community. The Western Bulldogs are more than just a professional sports team. This isn't the USA model where the success of the club ultimately benefits some random billionaire.
    Last edited by angelopetraglia; 02-05-2019 at 01:10 PM.

20. Likes Bulldog4life, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I am trying to but the WOOF site keeps coming up with 403 errors
    Same.

Not sure what that link is supposed to be either.

Post Thanks / Like

If they want to be really proactive include a 1000 car underground carpark with EV charging stations for commuters using West Footscray station M-F, and sports fans on the weekend. Could be a nice little earner for the club.
    Footscray member since 1980.

23. Likes bulldogtragic, Eastdog liked this post