Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  140
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Richmond R7 2019

Contested marks in a game for WBD (1999-2019)
    1: 2423 players
    2: 714 players
    3: 245 players
    4: 76 players
    5: 24 players
    6: 7 players
    7: Chris Grant
    8:
    9: AARON NAUGHTON

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like this is going to be a wide open competition this year and 12 wins could earn a spot in the finals. Percentage is likely to play a role so it is imperative that we start taking our chances. Naughton made a huge difference. Get Scache up and firing too and we create a lot of problems for our opponents. Our problems for the last two years have largely been to do with delivery to the forwards and goal kicking.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

3. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I reckon our area was only 70% full this week and only about 60% at the last home game. There has to be a reason for it
    I think that's been the case at all games this year. Would love to know why? It's one thing supporters not being there but it's a bit unusual with the cheer squad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    I think that's been the case at all games this year. Would love to know why? It's one thing supporters not being there but it's a bit unusual with the cheer squad.
    I think you're correct, I might try and find our tomorrow why the cheer squad area has been so sparsely attended
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I think you're correct, I might try and find our tomorrow why the cheer squad area has been so sparsely attended
    Isn't poster Josie in the cheersquad?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

One reason might be it was Easter Sunday one game.
    People have family roasts, shocking time to have a game, another reason might be all the bloody road works done , might have been same game, they also did a kids walk on a game as well.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    One reason might be it was Easter Sunday one game.
    People have family roasts, shocking time to have a game, another reason might be all the bloody road works done , might have been same game, they also did a kids walk on a game as well.
    Carlton had more people in their cheer squad area than we did for our home game. Sure they'd have the same excuses?
    Then last night we had roughly the same numbers
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Isn't poster Josie in the cheersquad?
    I think she is. Josie come on down.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been reading a few complaints on FB about club communication with cheer squad members and the system of having supervisors ordering people about and telling them what they can and can't do.

People say they comtact the club to clear situations up but don't hear anything back.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I've been reading a few complaints on FB about club communication with cheer squad members and the system of having supervisors ordering people about and telling them what they can and can't do.

People say they comtact the club to clear situations up but don't hear anything back.
    That has actually jogged my memory that didn’t we have a revamp of the cheer squad due to similar issues a few years back?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    That has actually jogged my memory that didn’t we have a revamp of the cheer squad due to similar issues a few years back?
    Yep. Cleared out the old brigade that put me off staying in the cheer squad in the 90's. A little bit overdue... But that was clearing out people who thought they owned the cheer squad, so new people could join and participate.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yep. Cleared out the old brigade that put me off staying in the cheer squad in the 90's. A little bit overdue... But that was clearing out people who thought they owned the cheer squad, so new people could join and participate.
    The cheersquad went out of their way last year to make my 5 year old son's first AFL game memorable. Let him into the squad for free, and gave him a flag to wave. When we hit the front late against North, one of the ladies running the squad turned and said, if we win bring your son up front and I'll try and get him a signed ball from one of the players.
    My son had an awesome time, and too young to be gutted with the last second loss.

Post Thanks / Like

Hubby and I joined cheer squad after clean out. Heard some stories why they did it and agree it was entirely justified. Not sure why numbers are down significantly. Is there perhaps a correlation with poor form prior week’s and also free to air? (I hope not).We have a family friend who is a young teenager who was also made welcome at a game by cheer squad earlier this year-front row seat and had a great night.

If trend of low numbers continues I will write to Club suggesting they contact cheer squad members as it is part of agreement when you sign up that you need to be loud and proud and of course show up. I do wish more folks that sit in cheer squad would cheer more loudly - a number of them are rather quiet. I swear you could hear my individual and rather loud cheering on replay of Sat night and I sit a fair way behind the front rowers who lead the chants.

P.S. For any woofers who want to meet legendary supporter Gary who travels from Portland for EVERY H&A game (since mid 70’s I recall) he often sits with cheer squad and is a lovely chap. Wears a chef’s hat and white cotton coat (I would freeze with what he wears-must have very good circulation).

15. Thanks Murphy'sLore, bornadog, Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Would the names of the old brigrade rhyme with bunn and mortar perhaps?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Would the names of the old brigrade rhyme with bunn and mortar perhaps?
    The clear out was due to a lot of things including the league putting in rules and regs that forced clubs to finally own and run the cheer squads. Eg safety, responsibility, respect etc.
    I guess it was always going to come with the more professional clubs became.
    We did have people who thought they could do what they wanted and did for years but I don’t believe mortar was to blame, more a follower of those leading the way.
    Times have moved a long way from those days but then it was accepted.
    I could go into details but it’s now done and dusted.
    Bring back the biff