Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  48
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Three things I have learned R7 V Richmond

Tell us three things that you know now that you didn't know before the game today.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things I have learned R7 V Richmond

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

1. We can play average footy and exhilarating footy all within an hour.
    2. Signing up Naughton before he registered a new club record of 9 contested marks was great by Sam Power.
    3. Young looks raw, but looks like something to work with.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    1. We can play average footy and exhilarating footy all within an hour.
    2. Signing up Naughton before he registered a new club record of 9 contested marks was great by Sam Power.
    3. Young looks raw, but looks like something to work with.
    He made some costly errors, but what pricked my ears up was how it made ZERO difference to his demeanour. He never stopped taking the initiative. He's raw-as you would expect from a rookie. There is some unmoulded clay to work with there.

6. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. If you play Dunkley as a mid, he can play like that.
    2. One of Dickson, Lloyd or Gowers needs to make way. Probably Dickson.
    3. Bont better look over his shoulder. There’s a new stud in town.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

8. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. So did Bevo purchase a Delorian with a flux capacitor post match committee selection? We dominated every line.
    2. Those selection naysayers on WOOF.. (of whom I am one, despite not posting my anger-I'll own it) stuff that up your jumper! What a bloody masterstroke by that group. I reckon they really put in on them.. and I'm guessing it was not in a melt your face spray.. but an inspiring, 'we're behind you, we know what you can do, and we're not going to pull the trigger now. You can, nay, will pull yourselve's out of this. We won't deny you that chance. Show us, show the supporters.'
    3. Everyone is going to splorge over Naughton..but bloody hell Macrae just put on his big boy pants tonight. No, stuff that.. Libba did.. hang on, so did Dunks... hang on.. what about Baz? OK. Our midfield just refused to yield.... AND THAT WAS PIVOTAL TO LYNCH GETTING NOTHING.

10. Likes hujsh, dadsgirl16 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1) it's been a ling while since we've played like that and all those weak arse excuses of age of the playing list snd inexperince etc aren't geniune reasons
    2) Naughton is better than I thought, a lot better
    3) Even Daniel is capable of making a heap of mistakes
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

1. Naughton is a freak (9 contested marks. The all time AFL record is 10 - Wayne Carey.). Every time he went near it you just knew he was going to grab it. So good to watch.

2. Dunkley is an inside mid. 35 touches and was just brilliant tonight. 8 tackles 15 contested possessions. Play him there.

3. Easton Wood was so much better tonight. Best game of the season. It's what he can do when he doesn't have to play as a key defensive forward.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Naughton will be the best key fwd I’ve seen in R W & B
    2. Gowers has more weaknesses than strengths
    3. Bailey Smith is proving you can get a bit better every single match. If he keeps this up we’ll all be fawning over him Naughton style next season.

Post Thanks / Like

A week is a long time in football.
    Confidence is key.
    Feeling crook with a cold is a lot easier to deal with when your footy team plays a terrific game.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

1. Our handball game was slick tonight, the best I have seen it in two years
    2. It is amazing how clean and effective we look when we are taking marks and kicking our set shots
    3. Richmond have no depth
    The dam wall has busted!

Post Thanks / Like

1. We can kick more goals than points
    2. We can belt teams, not just fall over the line
    3. Throwing a tantrum, turning off the TV and going to bed after three easy misses in the first quarter was somewhat unwarranted! I can't say that's the result I expected when I checked at 1am (pup #2 feeding time).
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

1. Caleb Daniel is the Generallisimmo.
    2. Trengove has a edge to his game that is good for the team 3. We are building a solid unit and the future looks bright.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

!. Tim English is coming on rapidly, beat a stronger and competitive opponent in Nankervis in and around the stoppages and is now having a presence around the ground.
    2. Lachie Young is better than I thought initially, plays a bit taller and looks to have good competitiveness and leg speed but the best part is his ability to kick the footy well upfield to a specific target getting the ball there low and quick without too much elevation. Just needs to tidy up some decision making.
    3. We are a much better side when handball is used as an option to open up the ground rather than just giving off to a stationary team mate under just as much pressure. Where has that overlap offensive running game been all year?
    Bonus. Pretty obvious that Trengove should have played a couple of weeks earlier than he did, no world beater but gives us structure and is an aggressive competitive, won't die wondering type.

19. Likes westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thr3 things I hope Bev learned:

1 - Dunkley is a midfielder. Not a fwd. Not a ruckman.

2 - Jackson Trengove is critical to the backline and to English and Dunkley as A- he either directly gives or allows a ruck a chop out for English; and B - He releases Cordy and Woodto play more natural roles and just be better.

3 - Naughton must stay predominantly fwd. Please dont shuffle him around. Rare talent.

21. Likes Dancin' Douggy, azabob liked this post