Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers & Anchors, 2019, Rnd 7 vs Richmond

B
    The young blokes, Naughton, English and Smith.
    Trengove, took Lynch to the cleaners and back in every quarter.
    Macrae, not as flashy as some but highly skilled and gets it done every single week.

A
    Billy's fake second effort, not good enough.
    The Houli free, Daniel barely touched his beard, absurd umpiring.
    Dickson seems to be struggling atm.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers:

Naughton - best game he has played.

Crozier - what a great pick up - been great in our half back line

Bont - as influential as ever

Anchors:

First quarter goalkicking
    Last edited by Eastdog; 06-05-2019 at 02:11 AM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

1. That mark by Wood running backwards was super courageous.
    2. Really looking forward to seeing Naughty, Smith, English and Richards become permanent stars.
    3. The importance of a big full back who can handle the monster forwards Well done Jackson.

Anchors

None last night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Bankers

1. That mark by Wood running backwards was super courageous.
    2. Really looking forward to seeing Naughty, Smith, English and Richards become permanent stars.
    3. The importance of a big full back who can handle the monster forwards Well done Jackson.

Anchors

None last night.
    Should have been playing all year. He could've been the difference in a few games especially against Collingwood.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

1. Naughton obviously.
    2. Our midfield group thrashed Richmond's.
    3. The niggle. I loved that we were in their faces all night not taking any shite and letting them know that we were beating them.

Anchors

1. Easy set shot misses. It shouldn't be happening still. We were much better after quarter time though.
    2. Small crowd. Richmond supposedly have 100k members yet we only had 35k there. The Bulldogs members area on level 1 was very boney.
    3. Dickson's form. He is trying hard, you can see that but he just can't get on the end of a few. We need him to find form soon or someone will take his spot.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    2. Small crowd. Richmond supposedly have 100k members yet we only had 35k there. The Bulldogs members area on level 1 was very boney.
    Good Point. We have 40k, and with their 100k, pretty poor effort.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Banker #1 for me was the uncompromising effort by Lachie Young to leave his man and attack a 20/80 contest and clean up Rioli in the process. It was a real statement of intent early in the match and set the tone.

Banker #2 - Cordy's chase down on Balta to deny a certain goal before half time.

Then to finish up with Banker #3, Trengove buried Lynch into the turf in the last 5 minutes to deny him even a pissy junktime goal. I loved that unflinching attitude to put the foot on their throat and keep it there even when the game was done.
    I really like your Bankers Sedat. Sometimes these plays can be looked over as they are not the 'glamorous' plays. However, these one-percenters, are the types of plays that really lift the spirit of the team.

Post Thanks / Like

I think others have covered the bankers on the players who starred...so I'll go with some from the next tier...
    Bankers

English - loved seeing him roam around and take marks around the ground. He really is developing beautifully.
    B.Smith - the kid is a jet. Absolutely love this high draft pick.
    JJ - thought he responded well from a down game the previous week and chose all the right options...and also kicked a 55m set shot goal.
    Bevo/Coaches - credit where due this week. Great to see players settled in positions this week. We didn't try to be too smart - had a genuine tall in Trengove play on the 200cm Lynch, kept the forwards forward, and the mids we had a good 'set' inside the centre square at every bounce (ie. at least two of Bont/Macrae/Libba/Wal)

Anchors:

Daniel was great, but two real doozies that cost us goals.
    A little thing....but why do we always seem to have C Daniel or other smalls on the mark for set shots? Its a 1 per center - maybe even a half-percenter - but pretty easy to get a tall player on the mark when a player is shooting for goal

Post Thanks / Like

On seeing the replay, I think CD was completely blindsided by the umpire when he turned it over in the first quarter. He made up for it though.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Daniel was great, but two real doozies that cost us goals.
    A little thing....but why do we always seem to have C Daniel or other smalls on the mark for set shots? Its a 1 per center - maybe even a half-percenter - but pretty easy to get a tall player on the mark when a player is shooting for goal
    A couple of us mentioned that during the game, especially when twice Dunkley was only 10m away and he's almost 10 inches taller.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

It's been driving me nuts for weeks. I'd love to see the stat, but I've never seen them miss when he's on the mark.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    A couple of us mentioned that during the game, especially when twice Dunkley was only 10m away and he's almost 10 inches taller.
    This is a pet hate of mine and it's simple geometry. The taller the target, the further you have to kick it to get over the target. The further back you have to be. It could seriously decide the outcome of a game. You watch Collingwood and the amount of times Mason Cox runs in to be the man on the mark is no coincidence. This should just be automatic.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers.
    1. Having a tall defender....wow.....it actually works. Trengove needs to play every week.

2. Watching Naughton dominate at one end while 'pretty boy Lynch' down the other end did NOTHING. 5 lousy disposals.
    It sticks in my craw how Richmond can scoop up an A grader free agent without having to give anything up.
    But all the other lower teams have to slide down a draft pick for Richmonds sake. Makes me sick, so it was very satisfying watching the contrast between the two players.
    Banker 2, section B. Naughton's wink.

3.While I'm on the subject of sliding down the draft............Banker 3 is the rise and rise of Bailey Smith. Fast, Confident, smart, skilled, looks like he'll become a bit of a beast too. We could have an AAA grader on our hands.

Anchors.
    1. Luke Darcy. He makes me want to tear my hair out. every time Daniel goes near the ball it's 'little man' this 'wee man' that tiny man....etc etc etc.
    Every time we play. He does it every game as if it's this incredible new gag he's been working on.
    It's been years now and he still thinks it's somehow 'funny' or 'witty'. ENOUGH!!!! Just call him Caleb Daniel you moron.

2. Goalkicking. Was still an issue in the first quarter at least. Naughton could have kicked 8, we could have really humiliated them by more and percentage is gonna mean a LOT this year. Better than previous weeks but could still be improved.

3. I had to work and missed the game. (violins please)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Anchors.
    1. Luke Darcy. He makes me want to tear my hair out. every time Daniel goes near the ball it's 'little man' this 'wee man' that tiny man....etc etc etc.
    Yes I agree.

I almost had a go at a Hawthorn supporter when we played them. He called Caleb a Dwarf amongst other things. I said to myself, one more word and it is on.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yes I agree.

I almost had a go at a Hawthorn supporter when we played them. He called Caleb a Dwarf amongst other things. I said to myself, one more word and it is on.
    Be interesting to know what AFL would do if that guy was reported for this. Love seeing them run around in circles.