Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment. Round 7, 2019 vs Richmond

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    The moment I needed a moment was when Naughton clunked it in the goal square and after giving some lip to his opponent, gives Lachie Hunter a little wink and smile.

What a stud.
    That wink was brilliant. That's the stuff champions do, have a bit of swagger.

I'm going to try and find time to treat myself to the replay today and will post my moment afterwards. There's a few contenders this week!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Every fibre of my being wants me to be cheeky and say it was a combined series of moments... Aaron Naughton's consecutive key clunkers..that would be cheating..
    For me the most courageous moment was our beleaguered captain Easton Wood going back with the flight of the ball and taking the mark..
    But the decisive moment in the game was Ed Richards. I mean there were so many tonight that foretold the victory.. but this said 'Nope.. ok there is nothing on upfield.. I am stuffed if I am going to bomb it in, I'm just going to play on, with a man set on the mark..and just do it..
    That told Richmond early on in the 4th that there would be no heroics. Nope, stick a fork in them they're done.
    It was Ed's "Billy Kolyniuk" moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    When Sydney Stack decided to go for his Trademark Hard And Very Tough Shirtfront instead of trying to actually play football and tackle at CHB, letting us waltz down the other end for a goal. Cheers Syd.
    Yep. I'm guessing he had it explained to him in no uncertain terms when it's time to tackle an opponent and when it's time to run past the ball and pick an unsuspecting opponent off after the game.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

The Corddy tackle late in the first quarter was telling. It stopped what was an almost surefire goal
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Likes SonofScray, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The Corddy tackle late in the first quarter was telling. It stopped what was an almost surefire goal
    Yep, that was my moment too. I love Zaine Cordy far more than a man in his 50s should!

As a matter of interest at 3/4 time the commentators said that if Richmond was going to win then they would have to overcome the biggest three quarter time margin since Jack Dyer was coach back in 1947. Does that sound right to anyone else? It didn't sound right to me.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

6. Likes The Doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Yep, that was my moment too. I love Zaine Cordy far more than a man in his 50s should!
    He's just so consistent. You get the same from him every game, and he loves competing.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Ed’s run around the mark and goal in the last..just felt like a nah nah nanah moment

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dadsgirl16 View Post
    Ed’s run around the mark and goal in the last..just felt like a nah nah nanah moment
    That is when I relaxed about a win
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Naughton's straight kicking in the second, needed the monkey off the back kicking for goal, it would have been a gorilla if he kept missing
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Ed Richards put the win to bed with a move combining dare with flair. It was a beautifully disguised maneuver executed with the requisite timing and pace. Leaving a hapless defender watching the soles of your boots as you charge towards goal, drill a major and punch the air in triumph must be very satisfying.

I remember trying to do that once in a house game at Totty Tech. I got run down from behind by a kid wearing glasses and was pinged for holding the ball. I was only ever a lumbering ruckman in the mould of Daniel Currie but only 1% as good as him.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

12. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post