Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Moment. Round 7, 2019 vs Richmond

Ok the moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.'

What was it for you against Richmond tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment. Round 7, 2019 vs Richmond

Every fibre of my being wants me to be cheeky and say it was a combined series of moments... Aaron Naughton's consecutive key clunkers..that would be cheating..
    For me the most courageous moment was our beleaguered captain Easton Wood going back with the flight of the ball and taking the mark..
    But the decisive moment in the game was Ed Richards. I mean there were so many tonight that foretold the victory.. but this said 'Nope.. ok there is nothing on upfield.. I am stuffed if I am going to bomb it in, I'm just going to play on, with a man set on the mark..and just do it..
    That told Richmond early on in the 4th that there would be no heroics. Nope, stick a fork in them they're done.

3. Likes Ghost Dog, Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When Lloyd decided to leave them, pick us, cost us a pick we wouldn't use/nothing. Tonight two goals and three goal assists. Probably should've kicked a third. Had a few miss field kicks, but five goals directs/assists has him our best small forward. I think Dickson is slowing and I have no faith in Gowers. So Lloyd telling his manager to go on Trade Radio and say 'he will be at the dogs next year' was a good moment.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Took until Richards kicked one in the last that I felt we had it.

Would’ve been when Lloyd marked in the third to have a shot 20 out... I went nuts... but he missed. So not sure that counts.

Post Thanks / Like

Bont kicking that first goal was my moment. I know we still sprayed shots in that quarter, but you need leaders to kick those goals. And Bont did.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

7. Likes josie, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Naughton's huge clunk in the second quarter.

Every dogs player seemed to just grow a little bit, like we suddenly had a forwardline to kick to.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

9. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The 'Moment' was set early.
    The Bont clearance from the centre and to run down and take a mark in the forward pocket and slot the goal.
    I think that set the tone for the night.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

11. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The 'Moment' was set early.
    The Bont clearance from the centre and to run down and take a mark in the forward pocket and slot the goal.
    I think that set the tone for the night.
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1124607505252794369
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

The moment I needed a moment was when Naughton clunked it in the goal square and after giving some lip to his opponent, gives Lachie Hunter a little wink and smile.

What a stud.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

14. Likes MrMahatma, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When Sydney Stack decided to go for his Trademark Hard And Very Tough Shirtfront instead of trying to actually play football and tackle at CHB, letting us waltz down the other end for a goal. Cheers Syd.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    When Sydney Stack decided to go for his Trademark Hard And Very Tough Shirtfront instead of trying to actually play football and tackle at CHB, letting us waltz down the other end for a goal. Cheers Syd.
    The new Cyril. Commentators gushed over every involvement.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

The moment was on the replay. Chris Grant smiling in the coaches box after Naughton delt with his opponents at the top of the goal square.

18. Likes FrediKanoute, The Doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    The moment was on the replay. Chris Grant smiling in the coaches box after Naughton delt with his opponents at the top of the goal square.
    I loved that. The shot of Naughton giving it to the 2 Richmond guys and then going to the shot of Grant smiling in the box, the baton is finally being passed.

My moment though was Red Ed Richards goaling in the last was the moment it was safe. Too often in the last 4 weeks we would have missed that and left the door open. Not tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    I loved that. The shot of Naughton giving it to the 2 Richmond guys and then going to the shot of Grant smiling in the box, the baton is finally being passed.

My moment though was Red Ed Richards goaling in the last was the moment it was safe. Too often in the last 4 weeks we would have missed that and left the door open. Not tonight.
    That was my moment and when i started to believe we would win.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Bont kicking that first goal was my moment. I know we still sprayed shots in that quarter, but you need leaders to kick those goals. And Bont did.
    Came here to post this.

We were on, out of the gates. Bont affirmed things with his goal from a relatively difficult shot. He/We drew confidence from that. We were still wasteful in patches, but at least the scoreboard kept ticking over.