Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  26
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Marvel Stadium match day experience

I was going to post this after round 1 but then thought i would give it time.
    Has anyone noticed that the p.a. volume is the loudest it's ever been? It seriously seems like it's 20% louder than ever before.
    I sit on the ground level and trying to have a conversation with mates has become almost pointless.
    I remember about 10 years ago there was a lot of negative reaction to the MCG pa volume and they pulled it back a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marvel Stadium match day experience

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    I was going to post this after round 1 but then thought i would give it time.
    Has anyone noticed that the p.a. volume is the loudest it's ever been? It seriously seems like it's 20% louder than ever before.
    I sit on the ground level and trying to have a conversation with mates has become almost pointless.
    I remember about 10 years ago there was a lot of negative reaction to the MCG pa volume and they pulled it back a bit.
    I noticed it last night, really was over the top. I tend to be listening to the radio though so I can drown it out a bit
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I hate all the music they play pre game, very hard to have a conversation
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes 1eyedog, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hose-I agree. Hate the PA-not only is it too loud it is poor quality. Reckon we should start a petition as hard to hear others speak and loud enough to be harmful to hearing (not as a one off but cumulatively).

6. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't seem any different up on Level 3. What was annoying last night was that the front sections were blocked off for AFL members, which pushed us up into the "line of site to scorboarde blocked by roof gantry" sections. No such a big issue when the small TV's along the roofline provide the same (if delayed) coverage.

Last night they weren't working.

8. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I work with people with disabiltys. With the advertising around the fence (making it almost impossible for people with epilepsy unless you can find a spot where you can see the game but not see the fence, which is pretty much impossible) and the noise through the PA making it hard for people with autism to not freak out.

St Kilda have just introduced a quiet room with a lack of visual/sound stimulation and lots of tactile stimulation which is a great idea because it provides access to games for people who couldn't normally attend but if they are going to be giving you something with one hand but taking it away with the other then it doesn't make a lot of difference.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

10. Likes WBFC4FFC, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is noise without quality. Just shrieking wall of sound. You can never hear interviews or any of the footage when there’s a tribute to a milestone player. I hate the flashing neon around the fences and even wonder if it’s the cause of our famous inaccuracy ( until that all turned around, forever, in quarter 2 on May 42019). And maybe I’m a killjoy but I’m not interested in Oblivious Cam or sweet Caroline. Singing “dah-dah-dah” when you’re nervously wondering whether the Dogs will hang on isn’t what I’m there for.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

12. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    It is noise without quality. Just shrieking wall of sound. You can never hear interviews or any of the footage when there’s a tribute to a milestone player. I hate the flashing neon around the fences and even wonder if it’s the cause of our famous inaccuracy ( until that all turned around, forever, in quarter 2 on May 42019). And maybe I’m a killjoy but I’m not interested in Oblivious Cam or sweet Caroline. Singing “dah-dah-dah” when you’re nervously wondering whether the Dogs will hang on isn’t what I’m there for.
    Agree with all of the above, but particularly the neon flashing fences. They're annoying on TV and they're horrible at the ground. Hate them, hate them hate them!
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

14. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We've stopped playing the greatest pre-game song in the history of live sport, "Western Bulldogs Taking Over", prior to the bounce, so it's a big thumbs down from me.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

16. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes HOSE B ROMERO, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Never been bothered by the fences. Music adds nothing. I reckon staff have been given a “Be nice to customers” memo. Last week, while waiting for my mum outside the toilets, I was asked by 3 staff if I needed assistance.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    We've stopped playing the greatest pre-game song in the history of live sport, "Western Bulldogs Taking Over", prior to the bounce, so it's a big thumbs down from me.
    I didn't even notice... Why would we stop?

Post Thanks / Like

Sitting on level 3 none of the noise, fence, etc bothers me.

Post Thanks / Like

The weird thing is that it is a Sydney Swans home game ritual and they were playimg it at three quarter time versus the Swans. My mate turned to me and said “I reckon a Sydney official has high jacked the PA to pump them up...”

Our people need to head to a few Port games. Everything about their match day experience craps all over what other clubs are doing (and has since they moved to Adelaide Oval).

Post Thanks / Like

Agree. They've got the music blaring, the bloke shrieking something over the top (i swear if i ever find out what room he operates from i will not be held responsible for my actions; Judge 'oh, he was the guy on the marvel p.a.? Case dismissed) and still trying to conduct interviews.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not trying to be a killjoy either. I like loud music. But i love talking to my mates too. Plus i really miss not being able to overhear opposition supporters so i can have a crack at them.
    Not a fan of the fence thing but i can live with it.

I don't know. I just wish they could have one game when everything is stripped back and let us fans decide what we prefer. The sound i love most is the screaming of footy fans. Oh and don't get me started on my reaction when the guy says "Make some noise"! !#@$!@#!@#$#!@