Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  26
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marvel Stadium match day experience

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I hate Taking over, but I guess it is all a matter of taste.

In fact, I like Sweet Caroline, even if it is copying REd Sox. I would really like to make it our own (in AFL)
    The problem is Sydney have been using it for a few years.
    Last edited by The Adelaide Connection; 06-05-2019 at 09:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    Careful td. If the suits took you up on Blitzkrieg Bop they would probably have the bulldog mascots dressed in leather jackets and beatles wigs.
    They can borrow mine.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't a fan of that 'Taking Over' song, the only positive is its association with the Premiership. SC is an OK song, but not a footy song - I don't understand the appeal of the one Port uses in a sport context either. One thing I am not a fan of is the pregame introductions. It works in the NBA because they announce a starting five - 22 is a bit much. I think it's kinda funny the announcer will overemphasise some names, and virtually mumble others.... TOOOOOORRRRRYYYYY DIIIIIICCCKKKKSSSSOOOOOONNNNNN!!!!!.....Lachie Hunter.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

4. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I completely and utterly loathe and despise any attempt to give us a 'match day experience'. The footy is enough. It has always been enough.

Post Thanks / Like

The Noise Is Terrible.

I’m not sure what generation all the noise and puff at Marvel Stadium is aimed at but my match day cohort struggle to escape it. We can no longer hold a conversation between the breaks because we can’t hear each other over the noise. And although we sit next to each other, in an act of desperation, we’re considering picking up some noise cancelling headphones and calling each other during the breaks simply to have a group chat. Who comes up with this rubbish.

7. Likes josie, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    The Noise Is Terrible.

I’m not sure what generation all the noise and puff at Marvel Stadium is aimed at but my match day cohort struggle to escape it. We can no longer hold a conversation between the breaks because we can’t hear each other over the noise. And although we sit next to each other, in an act of desperation, we’re considering picking up some noise cancelling headphones and calling each other during the breaks simply to have a group chat. Who comes up with this rubbish.
    Totally agree. Get rid of the noise and the flashing signs.

BTW, MCG is the same
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to this thread, I have now had "Western Bulldogs Taking Over" stuck in my head since Monday...
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

11. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Hard gig but that's pretty bad.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    I wasn't a fan of that 'Taking Over' song, the only positive is its association with the Premiership. SC is an OK song, but not a footy song - I don't understand the appeal of the one Port uses in a sport context either. One thing I am not a fan of is the pregame introductions. It works in the NBA because they announce a starting five - 22 is a bit much. I think it's kinda funny the announcer will overemphasise some names, and virtually mumble others.... TOOOOOORRRRRYYYYY DIIIIIICCCKKKKSSSSOOOOOONNNNNN!!!!!.....Lachie Hunter.
    Pre game intro's have gotta go. In summary, i don't want to hear a peep out of the announcer unless it's an absolute emergency.

Post Thanks / Like

I can remember when they played actual doof doof music when we played our home games at Princes Park before the game. One of my mates said to me "Was it your turn to bring the eccy today because I forgot!"
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

16. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I can remember when they played actual doof doof music when we played our home games at Princes Park before the game. One of my mates said to me "Was it your turn to bring the eccy today because I forgot!"
    I feel like I haven't heard that term in 15 years

18. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post