Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  43
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Brisbane Lions R8 2019

Is Gowers sacrificing his game for Naughton?
    I curse and swear at Billy like most of us I assume but is his role to look after Aaron. Frustrating player to watch but is he helping more than hindering.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

2. Likes Testekill, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Only seen the first half , but I thought we were gonners.
    Hipwoods miss was critical , and Mccluggage murdered us . I thought Josh Dunkley was our only decent mid in the first half
    36 touches from dunks. Insane. Like the way we ground that one out.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

The thing I hate about gowers on field is the absolute stupidity he shows when it comes to giving away free kicks. Especially those where he is one on one with an opposition player, where all he has to do is make a contest, but he’ll stupidly push them in the back before the ball is near them, or give away a free kick when the ball hits the ground with a head high lazy tackle.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I curse and swear at Billy like most of us I assume but is his role to look after Aaron. Frustrating player to watch but is he helping more than hindering.
    I agree, I am sure part of his role is to protect him, and he also blocks well at times...though sometimes, being billy, he can’t resist going for his own specks.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

6. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Apart from last week when he dominated!!
    Yep 35 disposals. Solid game
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Out of town and expected to read about losing after seeing the scores early so great to see another W in the books. I'm certainly no fan of playing in Ballarat but the city is right behind us and supportive so good to show them a win. My brother was there on Thursday and said there was lots of red white and blue.

9. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got to admit I have been spoiled over the last 12 seasons or so because I tend to sit with other Bulldog supporters for home games.
    Today I was unlucky enough to have many Brisbane supporters sitting around me and oh how I had forgotten just how obnoxious they can be. There must have been 4 or 5 of them that just mouthed off all game. One of them mouthed off at both Bontempelli and Naughton's set shots and then he just had to shut up for the majority of the last quarter as the Lions simply refused to be direct towards goal even when being 3 or 4 kicks behind. He left at the 20 minute mark of the last quarter and someone asked if he wanted them to save his seat.

They have some good youngsters but they're still a long way off.

How bad was Hodge?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

11. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I've got to admit I have been spoiled over the last 12 seasons or so because I tend to sit with other Bulldog supporters for home games.
    Today I was unlucky enough to have many Brisbane supporters sitting around me and oh how I had forgotten just how obnoxious they can be. There must have been 4 or 5 of them that just mouthed off all game. One of them mouthed off at both Bontempelli and Naughton's set shots and then he just had to shut up for the majority of the last quarter as the Lions simply refused to be direct towards goal even when being 3 or 4 kicks behind. He left at the 20 minute mark of the last quarter and someone asked if he wanted them to save his seat.

They have some good youngsters but they're still a long way off.

How bad was Hodge?
    Living in Brisbane for over 22 years, I stand by my comment that overall Brisbane Lions supporters are the most obnoxious, graceless & unknowledgeable supporters going around.

13. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Living in Brisbane for over 22 years, I stand by my comment that overall Brisbane Lions supporters are the most obnoxious, graceless & unknowledgeable supporters going around.
    I think you have summed them up well.
    A perfectly balanced supporter group, chips on each of their shoulders.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I really see what Bevo sees in Young and why we bled him early and kept him in the team, kid looks like he'll at least be a handy defender along with how well his kicks come off sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like

Would love to know the meters gained from soccers off the ground today in total

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    I really see what Bevo sees in Young and why we bled him early and kept him in the team, kid looks like he'll at least be a handy defender along with how well his kicks come off sometimes.
    He reminds me quite a bit of Zaine Cordy. Likes the contest, doesn't mind taking the game on and is totally unflappable when he makes a mistake. I think he's been good.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Young is a promising player for sure it's just a question is it his time yet? I liked the positioning of our backs today thought we got the balance right but we need one of them to be able to take a mark. An intercept mark is such a weapon with our half backs but outside of Crozier we seem to like to punch the ball back into the corridor.

Post Thanks / Like

Does alot of blocking
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I also think that he does create some chaos. No one can predict what Billy will do next, not he even knows.