Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  43
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Brisbane Lions R8 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    McCluggage is a ripper. I think he is looking like the best player from that draft. I think Essendon missed a trick choosing McGrath over him. I can understand GWS overlooking him given the talent on their books in the midfield, but the Bombers would be a better side with McCluggage in their side.
    McGrath is good but McCluggage has real game changing abilities and excellent size.
    How good is he below his knees

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I've got to admit I have been spoiled over the last 12 seasons or so because I tend to sit with other Bulldog supporters for home games.
    Today I was unlucky enough to have many Brisbane supporters sitting around me and oh how I had forgotten just how obnoxious they can be. There must have been 4 or 5 of them that just mouthed off all game. One of them mouthed off at both Bontempelli and Naughton's set shots and then he just had to shut up for the majority of the last quarter as the Lions simply refused to be direct towards goal even when being 3 or 4 kicks behind. He left at the 20 minute mark of the last quarter and someone asked if he wanted them to save his seat.

They have some good youngsters but they're still a long way off.

How bad was Hodge?
    Had a few in the late 90’s gobbing off at the Heatley end . Mate turned around pointing that the cemetery was over the other side of the ground! They shut up quickly

Post Thanks / Like

Loving Cordy's desperation
    Quote Originally Posted by marcov View Post
    Cordy slays three lions coming out of defence
    And embeds his elbow in Berry’s head
    I ****ing love Zane Cordy. He's fast becoming my favorite player of all time.

I love him more than BT loves him!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Really strong performance after an indifferent start. Bar the goal kicking accuracy in the 3rd that was as good a quarter as we can play.

Still carrying a few, but sets us up to have a crack at the best team so far in 2019 at their dump... $100 for the first one to run over the top of the motovated one.
    I will fair dinkum spew up if I see one of our blokes go over before the game and shake his hand.

Wait until after the game and our blokes can boof him out in the centre circle if they want, but before the game I don't want to see any interaction unless it's one of our blokes sitting him on his arse.

5. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How many people wrote us off at the mid way mark of the 2nd quarter?
    Brisbane just refused to play direct football even in the last quarter.
    I had a couple of dark thoughts in the first half (I may have even had to go for a walk out the back during the second quarter) but I always thought that we were a huge chance to win after Naughton slotted that goal on halftime.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I will fair dinkum spew up if I see one of our blokes go over before the game and shake his hand.

Wait until after the game and our blokes can boof him out in the centre circle if they want, but before the game I don't want to see any interaction unless it's one of our blokes sitting him on his arse.
    Will Libba put friendship aside and get up in Dahl's face?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got to admit I have been spoiled over the last 12 seasons or so because I tend to sit with other Bulldog supporters for home games.
    Today I was unlucky enough to have many Brisbane supporters sitting around me and oh how I had forgotten just how obnoxious they can be. There must have been 4 or 5 of them that just mouthed off all game. One of them mouthed off at both Bontempelli and Naughton's set shots and then he just had to shut up for the majority of the last quarter as the Lions simply refused to be direct towards goal even when being 3 or 4 kicks behind. He left at the 20 minute mark of the last quarter and someone asked if he wanted them to save his seat.

They have some good youngsters but they're still a long way off.

How bad was Hodge?
    Is it just me or does anyone else love to get in the face of opposition supporters? It doesn't always need to be aggressive or obnoxious but you do need to let them know that you aren't going to put up with any crap but that doesn't mean that you have to be punching people in the face or abusing them.

They give a bit, you give a bit back then the siren goes and everyone shakes hands and gets on with life.

I have a lot of fun arguing/interacting with opposition supporters at games.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    I also think that he does create some chaos. No one can predict what Billy will do next, not he even knows.
    That’s the ‘Shaun Tait Effect’.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Will Libba put friendship aside and get up in Dahl's face?
    There is that great story from the Grand Final. Toward the end of the game a pack forms and Dalhaus is waiting for the umpire to bounce the ball when he becomes aware that someone is tapping him on the shoulder. He turns around to find Libba standing there and Libba just says "In a couple of minutes they are going to blow the siren and when that happens I am going to give you the biggest hug you have ever gotten!"

But I'd love to see Libba sit Dalhaus on his arse at the opening siren and just as he gets up sit him on his arse again.

Post Thanks / Like

I ****ing love Zane Cordy. He's fast becoming my favorite player of all time.

I love him more than BT loves him!
    I just laughed as two lions tackled him over the line and one of them looked a bit sore, Berry did not return.
    He made his mark on that 2016 final series with his physicality, he stole my heart evening up that prelim. Imagine if he had an older and bigger brother?

Post Thanks / Like

Gowers is not sacrificing his game for Naughton. Gowers is just bad.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

13. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: WB Game Day V Brisbane Lions R8 2019

I just laughed as two lions tackled him over the line and one of them looked a bit sore, Berry did not return.
    He made his mark on that 2016 final series with his physicality, he stole my heart evening up that prelim. Imagine if he had an older and bigger brother?

Even if he did how are we supposed to draft him anytime soon?

Post Thanks / Like

Living in Brisbane for over 22 years, I stand by my comment that overall Brisbane Lions supporters are the most obnoxious, graceless & unknowledgeable supporters going around.
    Followed closely by West Coast supporters. I have had some huge run ins with them at Marvel over the years.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me or does anyone else love to get in the face of opposition supporters? It doesn't always need to be aggressive or obnoxious but you do need to let them know that you aren't going to put up with any crap but that doesn't mean that you have to be punching people in the face or abusing them.

They give a bit, you give a bit back then the siren goes and everyone shakes hands and gets on with life.

I have a lot of fun arguing/interacting with opposition supporters at games.
    Me too I'm afraid to say TD although there is no shaking hands afterwards. I usually react when they run down specific players. Always have.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Gowers is not sacrificing his game for Naughton. Gowers is just bad.
    time to drop him
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

18. Likes 1eyedog liked this post