Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  43
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Brisbane Lions R8 2019

Watched on a replay through Kayo as was doing Mothers day things yesterday. My takeawys from the game

1. HUNTER! Got shit for his dribble pass but he was also doing underground handballs. Is he a moron? Why continue to do that in the wet when your team mate is next to no chance to be able to handle that ball? Infuriating. Should be able to expect better from the B&F and a leader of the club regardless of how many disposals he can gather with questionable influence. (There's a reason Boyd was loved much more as a defender than a mid)

2. Loved Wallis' tap to Macrae

3. Hayes was fumbly. Kicked a goal which is nice but still don't see his strength.

4. Young is looking better and more confident with each week. Is be best 22? Probably not yet, but maybe not too far away either

5. I think Llyod is going about his job nicely. Put him in the good pickup bucket with Crozier

6. Trengove wasn't bad in the ruck. More of a leap than I expected at times. Could do with a few less frees against but he also got a few himself

7. Daniel wasn't able to dance around and spot up the best option today due to the conditions but he was still able to demonstrate his footy smarts with taps and spoils to advantage.

8. Woods block of the Lion kick off the ground at goal in the last quarter gave me glimpses of Sydney 2015. Not as big a game for the club as that but for whatever reason it felt reassuring.
    Last edited by hujsh; 12-05-2019 at 05:18 PM.

2. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes Go_Dogs, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Me too I'm afraid to say TD although there is no shaking hands afterwards. I usually react when they run down specific players. Always have.
    From my POV at the end of the day it's just a game. Like the guys on the field you go your hardest and defend your colors and all the rest but when the siren goes its time to shake hands and head off to beer o'clock.

I can't say that I've ever felt threatened or scared. Although thst might be the 25 or so mates I go to the footy with more than any great judgement on my part.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    I really see what Bevo sees in Young and why we bled him early and kept him in the team, kid looks like he'll at least be a handy defender along with how well his kicks come off sometimes.
    Yeah looks like have unearthed a gem here. I love the penetration he gets with his kicks. He still needs to work on his accuracy but I can see us using him as a weapon with long goals from 50 off half back like the Gilbee days.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't believe Ed Richards goal missed out on a goal of the week nomination. Savage from St Kilda kicked a very similar one, Castagna from Richmond kicked a ripper, but Ablett's was a routine dribble snap that most reasonably skilled players would kick more often than not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Can't believe Ed Richards goal missed out on a goal of the week nomination. Savage from St Kilda kicked a very similar one, Castagna from Richmond kicked a ripper, but Ablett's was a routine dribble snap that most reasonably skilled players would kick more often than not.
    The AFL are a bunch of wankers of the highest order.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Yeah looks like have unearthed a gem here. I love the penetration he gets with his kicks. He still needs to work on his accuracy but I can see us using him as a weapon with long goals from 50 off half back like the Gilbee days.
    I love his aerial work too.

Looks raw as hell but a bit more time in the system and he'll be valuable. Well ahead of his development curve already.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Love listening to The Bont discussing the game. Have a listen to the moves made on Saturday and how Bevo changed things up after half time and the effects on the game.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

BAD do you normally listen during the week? All the players (bar Gawn)they have on are great listening.

Very interesting what he said about Hunter and how well he sees the game and Hunter is pretty much the onfield coach.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

11. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    BAD do you normally listen during the week? All the players (bar Gawn)they have on are great listening.

Very interesting what he said about Hunter and how well he sees the game and Hunter is pretty much the onfield coach.
    I don't always get a chance. I normally pickup the recorded version and listen over lunch or while I am working on something that doesn't need my huge attention.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    I think the most interesting thing is that he goes for risky kicks which means that his efficiency isn't going to look great on paper but we're already seeing a couple a game that open up a side. It's like Suckling in that sense, he goes for a lot of risky kicks (also kicks that are more flashy then effective) and when a risky kick comes off it's a thing of beauty.