Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jarrad Grant

STACKITUP Guest

Thumbs up Jarrad Grant

Hi guys just found this write up in the AFL PROSPECTUS according to this grant gives every indication he will be a gun forward , wat do you guys think ?
    Grant played in only one winning side in his 8 TAC CUP games for Dandenong in 2007, yet produced an elite set of numbers for a key forward. He was a multiple goalkicker in each match he played , finishing with 27 goals at an average of more then 3 per game which ranked him 2nd in the competition.He not only scored goals but also set them up, averaging 2 score assists per game which made him the most dangerous forward in the TAC CUP in terms of overall scoreboard impact. Grants marking is his main strength, averaging the most contested marks and 2nd most marks inside 50 of anyone in the TAC CUP. Amazingly, Grant also led the TAC CUP in average groundball gets inside 50 which made him the best mark and best ground level player, potentially a deadly combination when he gets his chance in the AFL . Used in defence in 2005 NAB AFL under-16championships ans the 2006 TAC CUP season, Grant won plenty of the ball and provided great rebound which makes him a key position player who has proved himself at both ends of the ground , HE COULD BE ANYTHING THIS BLOKE.
    No wonder our recruiting staff were in love with this bloke , he has been described by a lot of people as lazy and only getting a kick when he feels like it , well if these figures are from Grant when he was lazy look out if he decides to play 100 minutes every game of football through the whole season . I believe ladies and gentlemen we have struck key position player gold , would like to know what you guys think?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jarrad Gant

Lies, lies and damned statistics. Have you ever seen him play?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Why does that matter? All I'm worried about is what the prospectus says.

Post Thanks / Like

You can't blame S.I.U for getting excited by a few comments. It's not like we're swwimming in quality talls so to see somewhere that someone is looking likely to come on at least is pretty cool

Post Thanks / Like

Are you suggesting your not excited by his potential mjp?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    You can't blame S.I.U for getting excited by a few comments. It's not like we're swwimming in quality talls so to see somewhere that someone is looking likely to come on at least is pretty cool
    Actually, I can. Surely this isn't the place for propaganda and unqualified opinions...the stuff in the prospectus is fine, but let's bring something to the table apart from 'He could be anything'. As for 'looking likely to come on', based on what?

Please, someone give me something real to go on. I am reading that he is presenting hard during the match simulations at training...I am reading his kicking for goal is woeful...what else is there? I have seen him play a couple of times for Dandy and VM - I like him just fine. But 'those people' who say he is lazy and only goes when he wants too? One of them is me...Those people who say he was smashed in the last quarter of a game at Williamstown vs the Jets last year, playing against a 5 foot 10'er (who he let run off and kick a goal) when his team desperately needed him to stand up...well, that would be me (and anyone else who saw it).

What has changed between then and now? How is he developing? Does he look a chance to play this year? Round 12? Round 1?

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I can. Surely this isn't the place for propaganda and unqualified opinions...the stuff in the prospectus is fine, but let's bring something to the table apart from 'He could be anything'. As for 'looking likely to come on', based on what?

Please, someone give me something real to go on. I am reading that he is presenting hard during the match simulations at training...I am reading his kicking for goal is woeful...what else is there? I have seen him play a couple of times for Dandy and VM - I like him just fine. But 'those people' who say he is lazy and only goes when he wants too? One of them is me...Those people who say he was smashed in the last quarter of a game at Williamstown vs the Jets last year, playing against a 5 foot 10'er (who he let run off and kick a goal) when his team desperately needed him to stand up...well, that would be me (and anyone else who saw it).

What has changed between then and now? How is he developing? Does he look a chance to play this year? Round 12? Round 1?
    Were similar things said about Everitt before/after he was drafted last year? "Lazy" etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    Were similar things said about Everitt before/after he was drafted last year? "Lazy" etc.
    Can't remember. All I remember about Everitt as a TAC Cupper is 'Skinny, great kick'.

I am not for a second suggesting that Grant is no good - just that pumping him up on the basis of what the prospectus says is a pointless exercise.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't remember. All I remember about Everitt as a TAC Cupper is 'Skinny, great kick'.

I am not for a second suggesting that Grant is no good - just that pumping him up on the basis of what the prospectus says is a pointless exercise.

Isn't the prospectus someones opinion, just like yours.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    To be fair, whilst your right in theory, I'm sure the prospectus is sugar coated to a certain extent. They aren't exactly going to right him up as lazy and talk about negative points in his game in that publication.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    Probably - though I suspect it is more a set of stats pulled together by someone publishing the prospectus to put some kind of paragraph together. If you can pull an opinion out of what the prospectus says, then you are better than me.

More importantly aker39, what do YOU think based on what you have seen?

STACKITUP Guest

propaganda and unqualified opinions.excuse me MJP but arnt you doing exactly the same, here we have a guy who wether you do or dont believe stats has been the premier forward of the tac cup in 2007 , i also have seen this guy play and the stats arnt wrong he takes more contested marks then most his groundplay is better then most and excuse a bulldog supporter for getting a bit excited about a bloke who is over 6foot and can take a mark ur sitting back in your chair and making giving an opionion about a young kid who was beaten on a day you saw him name one footballer dead or alive that hasnt had a bad day and was soundly beaten give Grant a fair go mayb he wont make it mayb the opionion of the AFL PROSPECTUS is wrong but dosnt he deserve a chance dont sit there and say
    I am not for a second suggesting that Grant is no good and then bag him because he didnt set the world on fire the day you saw him , dont jump down someones throat for an opinion when all your doing is throwing your opinion back PEOPLE LIE STATISTICS DONT , he did take alot of contested marks and did set up alot of goals and did kick 27 goals himself there is not one lie in there , now im sure when he makes it your gonna sit back and say yeah i watched him play and can this guy take a mark so before you bury this kid let him die 1st

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen anything of him apart from the highlights tape on the AFL draft website

And really most players should look good in their highlights tapes.

That said he looked a pretty good set shot for goal - and it now seems to be being suggested he isn't. Is that based on observations of training or a wayward intra club match or two - anyone know?

STACKITUP Guest

The observation must be based on training but from what iv seen of him in games his kicking is sound a good set shot for goal , and i must correct myself here as we all know his name is JARRARD GRANT not GANT sorry about that , but hey lets not forget that Grant is comming off a wrist injury which must have hampered his ballhandling and the balldrop when kicking

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STACKITUP View Post
    propaganda and unqualified opinions.excuse me MJP but arnt you doing exactly the same, here we have a guy who wether you do or dont believe stats has been the premier forward of the tac cup in 2007 , i also have seen this guy play and the stats arnt wrong he takes more contested marks then most his groundplay is better then most and excuse a bulldog supporter for getting a bit excited about a bloke who is over 6foot and can take a mark ur sitting back in your chair and making giving an opionion about a young kid who was beaten on a day you saw him name one footballer dead or alive that hasnt had a bad day and was soundly beaten give Grant a fair go mayb he wont make it mayb the opionion of the AFL PROSPECTUS is wrong but dosnt he deserve a chance dont sit there and say
    I am not for a second suggesting that Grant is no good and then bag him because he didnt set the world on fire the day you saw him , dont jump down someones throat for an opinion when all your doing is throwing your opinion back PEOPLE LIE STATISTICS DONT , he did take alot of contested marks and did set up alot of goals and did kick 27 goals himself there is not one lie in there , now im sure when he makes it your gonna sit back and say yeah i watched him play and can this guy take a mark so before you bury this kid let him die 1st
    Gee Whiz Stack, that was difficult to read.

For what it's worth, mjp is one of the most knowledgeable blokes on this board when it comes to the young kids, and I don't think he was completely jumping down anyone's throat, merely stating the Grant has a few aspects of his game that need work, in his opinion.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.