Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Footy clubs that are known as 'the bulldogs' or wear the red, white and blue

Thanks for all the input. Adding them to my list. Keep them coming folks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Footy clubs that are known as 'the bulldogs' or wear the red, white and blue

Keilor also wears the colours in the EDFL.
    Sunshine heights in the WRFL wear the red , white and blue but are known as the dragons.
    And don’t forget Footscray in the VFL ;-)
    Bring back the biff

3. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    University of Georgia (Bulldogs - College Football/Basketball etc).

Down the road from my work is a team called the 'Cockburn Lakes Warriors' and they where the tri-colour. Not sure what grade of the Ammos they play in though.
    There are a Denver Bulldogs in the American AFL competition too.

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Interestingly, Daylesford were straigh out Melbourne FC guernseys with the Demons moniker. (But 70’s/80’s royal blue version.) Members of the Ballarat FL. Bitter rivals, neighbours, Hepburn FC (Central Highlands League) wore Port Melbourne colours.

Whilst Chris Grant was starring for the Dogs, Daylesford exited the Ballarat League and entered the Central Highlands league. Due to the colour clash with Hepburn, they had to change colours. The Grant influence meant that they went with the WBFC colours and adopted the “Daylesford Dogs.”

We were directly respectful msible for that - via Granty!

Another one was Central District in SA. I believe we donated their first set of jumpers in the last 1950’s. Two clubs I tend to keep an eye on.
    He grows greater everyday. is there nothing Chris Grant can't do?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

5. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    Nope, fortunately. I wouldn't want to be tied with them in any way, shape or form!
    We are not tied with them but unfortunately they are still Bulldogs.

7. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Keilor Football Club.
    They wear the 70's version of the jumper but are strangely called the Blues

9. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    Extremely rare i'd imagine Axeman. What alternative jumpers are worn when they play each other? And does both sets of supporters shout 'Go dogs'?
    I will never be at a game between them but we have played both already this year and Phillip Island wear a white jumper like our away strip so I guess that’s the solution. Bunyip supporters would likely say go the yips, not sure what they say at the island.

11. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Golden Square are called the Bulldogs. Not sure of the colours though. They were coached by Alan Martin of '54 Flag fame.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

13. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Golden Square are called the Bulldogs. Not sure of the colours though. They were coached by Alan Martin of '54 Flag fame.
    Blue and Gold
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

15. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another one I just remembered from Gippsland is Sale City - traditional red, white and blue + bulldogs.

17. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My nephew plays for the morley bulldogs here in perth, they wear doggies jumpers .

19. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Korumburra Bena wear red, white and blue and were Bulldogs until 2014, when they changed to Giants. This pathetic decision was appropriately rewarded with consecutive wooden spoons ��

21. Likes Twodogs, HOSE B ROMERO, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My first team was the Mt Compass bulldogs, solid country football town, footy was a part of the community each week. Colours are maroon and gold.

23. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Blue and Gold
    And Sandhusrt wear red, white and blue?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

When I was a kid my Dad had me convinced that South Croydon were the same team as the AFL one.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

26. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    When I was a kid my Dad had me convinced that South Croydon were the same team as the AFL one.
    Ha, ha typical Dad mischief. My son reminds me that when he was young i told him Hayden Ballantyne was my cousin(throw away line). Anyway he told all his mates at school. It was only when he mentioned it to me a few years later that i broke it to him that i'd made it up. He wasn't impressed.