Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Three things I have learned. Round 8-Western Bulldogs vs Brisbane Lions Mars Stadium

When we have have all warmed up tell us three things you learned today about the football that you didn't know before the football started.

I didn't know it could be this cold. Actually having virtually grown up hanging around the western oval I guess I had forgotten it could get this cold.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things I have learned. Round 8-Western Bulldogs vs Brisbane Lions Mars Stadium

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things I have learned. Round 8-Western Bulldogs vs Brisbane Lions Mars Stadium

1. Naughton should never play defence again
    2. We need a tackling coach
    3. Hayes doesn’t do enough to warrant selection
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

1. The only way Gowers and Hayes are getting games is due to Bevo's pigheadedness. It's certainly not because of their output.
    2. Dunkley is limited in what he can do on a footy field, but what he can do is very good.
    3. If AA was announced today, Caleb Daniel should be a lock.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

5. Likes GVGjr, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. I need to time machine Naughton to 2009, the prelim day my tv nearly went over my balcony. Naughton will get us over the line in a final.
    2. Kayo is great, as an interstate dogs member I can watch games other than on an iPhone 5se and there is no Mark Ruscuito and no crows fans asking why I don’t go for an Adelaide team or yelling ‘make the ball go the other way’
    3. I was a big fan of dunks, I’m now a bigger fan of dunks. Heroic, Zaine too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    1. The only way Gowers and Hayes are getting games is due to Bevo's pigheadedness. It's certainly not because of their output.
    2. Dunkley is limited in what he can do on a footy field, but what he can do is very good.
    3. If AA was announced today, Caleb Daniel should be a lock.

Hayes I don’t see it at all. Good goal but we have several better players in vfl.

Gowers was our leading goal kicker last year and goes hard but he doesn’t look like he knows what is going on out there sometimes.
    He may be in our best 22 or maybe not but it’s time to give a few others a shot. I can’t look when he kicks for goal.

Caleb is a rolled gold superstar and role model to us all.

8. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Looking at how physical the ruck game was today, it was a good time for English to come down with 'general soreness'. We need him next week.
    2. In retrospect the Match Committee has done well, in perservering with some guys who have been down. Ed Richards, Dunks, Wood have started rewarding the coach for sticking with him through a quite start to the year
    3. Young was very quiet statistically but he is brave, has good decision making skills, is composed under pressure and harder than his physique would lead you to believe. I can now see why the match committee elevated and have persevered with him.

10. Likes azabob, Testekill, craigsahibee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We can play slick football but also get down and dirty when we put our minds to it.

2. Loved the atmosphere in the outer and will definitely be going back for more.

3. 'Match day experience' can still be spoilt by cacophony coming out of the p.a. even in Ballarat.

12. Likes Dry Rot, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. It’s great seeing Dunkley spending most of his time in the guts where he belongs. Becoming a potent companion to Bont in there
    2. Brisbane are a very good outfit with top end talent across the ground - really good win
    3. Whilst I love watching the footy hit the roof every time a player kicks a goal - reminds me of the grounds when I was a kid - we should be playing Ballarat very start and very end of season for weather. Conditions make for exhausting footy

Are we allowed to officially blow the lid off about Naughton yet?

14. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We are a gutsy team with some real hard nuts.

2. We can play wet weather footy

3. We don't give in
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

1. I love - absolutely love - the anticipation in the crowd when the ball gets kicked anywhere near Naughton. We haven't had that for a long time.

2. Trengove is a warrior. For any flaws he has he's aggressive and a great teammate.

3. Lachie Hunter was back in that first half. Ran hard and hit targets.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

1. Trengove should've been in the side from the start of the season. I said this last week too but it was again confirmed how important he is to the team. He played against one of the best ruckman in the comp today in Martin and halved the contest.

2. Dunkley is owning his midfield role. Bevo said in the presser he has a leading midfield role (whatever that entails) and he is killing it at the moment. His work with the Bont great to watch.

3. Team discipline. Bevo and co had them setting up the ground so Brisbane couldn't move the ball freely. We caused them to take risks to move the ball and cause plenty of turn overs where we had numbers.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Jackson Trengove was huge. Fantastic game and really nullified both Martin's and McInerney's influence

2. We can play tough uncomprimising footy yet still keep the scoreboard ticking over.

3. Feel like we are starting to turn a corner - footysmarts, kicking for goal and structure (glad that Roberts came in and play a role - made some errors but felt he was a solid contributor).

thought i would throw in a 4th non-related one
    4. I haven't watched much of Brisbane so haven't noticed this but i had to take a double take when Hipwood was lining up for goal as I thought it was Rafa. Maybe it is just me but there are similarities.

19. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1 . Josh Dunkley is pivotal
    2. Daniel is all Australian
    3. We can get our hands dirty

Post Thanks / Like

1. I'm glad I don't live in Ballarat, would need a new wardrobe
    2. Hunter is unfairly targeted by some on this forum imo, some even to the point of vitriol, would you prefer he didn't average over 27 possessions and nearly 8 marks per game ?
    3. Harris Andrews is a quality young bloke who has comeback well from a horrific concussion last year, handshakes with Naughton before the bounce.

22. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post