Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things I have learned. Round 8-Western Bulldogs vs Brisbane Lions Mars Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    2. Hunter is unfairly targeted by some on this forum imo, some even to the point of vitriol, would you prefer he didn't average over 27 possessions and nearly 8 marks per game ?
    I would prefer he didn't average over 27 disposals because then it hopefully means someone who uses it with more care has had plenty of it.

The last 2 weeks, Hunter hasn't been our leading possession winner and we've played more free flowing, attractive football. I don't think it's a coincidence.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

2. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things I have learned. Round 8-Western Bulldogs vs Brisbane Lions Mars Stadium

1. Naughton, amongst all of his other talents and blessings, is a fighter. Comprehensively beaten in the first half but worked his way back into the game after that half-time goal to be instrumental in the second.
    2. Dunkley didn't let me down. I had a feeling he thrived in the conditions.
    3. We're well and truly back in the race after a horror 3 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I would prefer he didn't average over 27 disposals because then it hopefully means someone who uses it with more care has had plenty of it.

The last 2 weeks, Hunter hasn't been our leading possession winner and we've played more free flowing, attractive football. I don't think it's a coincidence.
    Oh Dear he is not the perfect footballer, just our current best and fairest.

5. Likes Doggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Oh Dear he is not the perfect footballer, just our current best and fairest.
    Yep, it says a lot about our 2018 season.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Yep, it says a lot about our 2018 season.
    Hunter is good man, I don't know what else to tell you.

1. Naughton is the hero the western suburbs deserve and will make everything okay

2. Lloyd can be the sort of player that makes a forward line more functional and I'm so grateful for Richmond never really giving him the chance

3. Hugh McCluggage has a better wet weather pickup than Bont. Imagine looking past him to draft a sub 180cm back flanker.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

1. Naughton is the hero the western suburbs deserve and will make everything okay

2. Lloyd can be the sort of player that makes a forward line more functional and I'm so grateful for Richmond never really giving him the chance

3. Hugh McCluggage has a better wet weather pickup than Bont. Imagine looking past him to draft a sub 180cm back flanker.
    He has some tricks doesn't he?

Essendon shouldn't have got the first pick that year anyway so it's good to see that they didn't get the gun player out of it. I still have a problem that they even got a first and second round pick in that draft. They should have got the same sanctions (or worse) that Carlton got in 2000 (?) which caused them to miss out on Goddard.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    He has some tricks doesn't he?

Essendon shouldn't have got the first pick that year anyway so it's good to see that they didn't get the gun player out of it. I still have a problem that they even got a first and second round pick in that draft. They should have got the same sanctions (or worse) that Carlton got in 2000 (?) which caused them to miss out on Goddard.
    No one is madder at Essendon than themselves, so since they've been so quick to forgive themselves who are we to still hold them accountable.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

10. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember seeing an interview with Fagan not long after that draft. He said then that they'd rated McCluggage as the best player in the draft and would have taken him with pick 1.

Dashed good player.

Post Thanks / Like

No one is madder at Essendon than themselves, so since they've been so quick to forgive themselves who are we to still hold them accountable.
    Fairy 'nuff.

I mean if they have taken responsibility for their own cheating and endangering their players lives who am I to call them scumbag, thieving, drug addled cheats who are loved by the AFeL? That sort of assessment by me would be grossly unfair.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Indonesia is a damn lot warmer than Ballarat - I landed here yesterday. Telecommunications work vastly better here than in Bendigo - Telstra is way off the pace.
    2. There is a lot to like about the way we are playing right now.
    3. Hunter is our new Peter Featherby for those with long memories. Seriously though the things he does well far outweigh the negatives imo.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

14. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    1. Indonesia is a damn lot warmer than Ballarat - I landed here yesterday. Telecommunications work vastly better here than in Bendigo - Telstra is way off the pace.
    2. There is a lot to like about the way we are playing right now.
    3. Hunter is our new Peter Featherby for those with long memories. Seriously though the things he does well far outweigh the negatives imo.

Good memory. Him or Ian Dunstan. I can remember sitting in the seats at VFL park and watching Dunstan kick balls that would go so high that they went higher than the light towers they had there.

His kicks used to go higher than they went longer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Good memory. Him or Ian Dunstan. I can remember sitting in the seats at VFL park and watching Dunstan kick balls that would go so high that they went higher than the light towers they had there.

His kicks used to go higher than they went longer.
    I remember Jack Dyer defending Featherby saying something like, "When he's got the ball the others ain't." And Ian Dunston I remember in much the same way as you. In addition he was really elusive. Think he smothered himself in baby oil before stepping out on the ground. Btw - is that allowed? Could be a good tactic and Johnson&Johnson would fall over themselves to sponsor us!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

17. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Trengove is important to the team as ruck or full back.
    2. Lachie Hunter had a very good game.
    3. JJ back to his line breaking runs.

Post Thanks / Like

He's good, but he butchers the ball too often trying to do things his ability doesn't allow for. His ridiculous worm burner yesterday that led to a Brisbane goal is a perfect example.

20. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    I remember Jack Dyer defending Featherby saying something like, "When he's got the ball the others ain't." And Ian Dunston I remember in much the same way as you. In addition he was really elusive. Think he smothered himself in baby oil before stepping out on the ground. Btw - is that allowed? Could be a good tactic and Johnson&Johnson would fall over themselves to sponsor us!
    Being covered in baby oil may make it a bit hard to pick up the ball.