Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  27
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things I have learned. Round 8-Western Bulldogs vs Brisbane Lions Mars Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I would prefer he didn't average over 27 disposals because then it hopefully means someone who uses it with more care has had plenty of it.

The last 2 weeks, Hunter hasn't been our leading possession winner and we've played more free flowing, attractive football. I don't think it's a coincidence.
    He had 32. If not for Dunks having a monster game, he would have been. He had 22 kicks, in the wet, and 1 was a clanger.

2. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things I have learned. Round 8-Western Bulldogs vs Brisbane Lions Mars Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    He had 32. If not for Dunks having a monster game, he would have been. He had 22 kicks, in the wet, and 1 was a clanger.
    His last few weeks have been an improvement, but let’s be real, he had more than 1 ineffective kick this week. I can remember a 20 metre dart under no pressure in defence that missed the target and went out of bounds.

His work rate and running ability is A grade, he just lets himself and the team down with his disposal choices too much for my liking.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

His last few weeks have been an improvement, but let’s be real, he had more than 1 ineffective kick this week. I can remember a 20 metre dart under no pressure in defence that missed the target and went out of bounds.

His work rate and running ability is A grade, he just lets himself and the team down with his disposal choices too much for my liking.
    I think there is so much focus on Hunter's kicking, and pretty much no focus on the fact that he is such a smart player that he gets to where we need him to be. How often are we stuck for an option and Hunter is the only one out to kick to. His smarts and work rate often stop us from bombing long down the line.

As a like for like - I think Lipinski has a real future, and he is classy and can run. But last year he was the only player out-running Hunter for KM's in matches and while Hunter was getting it 30 times, Patty would get 12. Its smarts and running to the right areas at the right times. Even timing the leads so that you have space at the right time - not before the player with the footy has seen you.

5. Likes Mofra, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I think there is so much focus on Hunter's kicking, and pretty much no focus on the fact that he is such a smart player that he gets to where we need him to be. How often are we stuck for an option and Hunter is the only one out to kick to. His smarts and work rate often stop us from bombing long down the line.

As a like for like - I think Lipinski has a real future, and he is classy and can run. But last year he was the only player out-running Hunter for KM's in matches and while Hunter was getting it 30 times, Patty would get 12. Its smarts and running to the right areas at the right times. Even timing the leads so that you have space at the right time - not before the player with the footy has seen you.
    I think everyone recognises his running ability and smarts, hence why no one is going overboard and saying he’s no good or that he should be dropped. His value to the team is high, but it’s a blessing and a curse at times because his kicking hurts us multiple times a game - though less so the last few weeks compared to the first month.

He’s just a player I’ll always get frustrated by and have to take the good with the bad, until someone else comes into the team that is able to run hard and to the right spots all day.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I think everyone recognises his running ability and smarts, hence why no one is going overboard and saying he’s no good or that he should be dropped. His value to the team is high, but it’s a blessing and a curse at times because his kicking hurts us multiple times a game - though less so the last few weeks compared to the first month.

He’s just a player I’ll always get frustrated by and have to take the good with the bad, until someone else comes into the team that is able to run hard and to the right spots all day.
    Hunter Dunkley and Macrae are all fine accumulators of the ball but lack the necessary foot skills to make us a high scoring side. Together with Bontempelli and Libba we are building a formidable midfield. It should be a great test against Geelong who are the best in the business with the likes of Dangerfield Kelly Selwood Ablett Kelly and Duncan.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Hunter Dunkley and Macrae are all fine accumulators of the ball but lack the necessary foot skills to make us a high scoring side. Together with Bontempelli and Libba we are building a formidable midfield. It should be a great test against Geelong who are the best in the business with the likes of Dangerfield Kelly Selwood Ablett Kelly and Duncan.
    Shame Ablett’s playing...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Good to see you don't rate Dahlhaus
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Macrae's kicking has found some of its creativeness again in recent weeks. At the conclusion of last year it was a real strength of his on both sides but it had been well and truly off at the start of this year.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Macrae's kicking has found some of its creativeness again in recent weeks. At the conclusion of last year it was a real strength of his on both sides but it had been well and truly off at the start of this year.
    Yes agree, he has been much better and the team is being rewarded.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.