Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Rnd 8, 2019 vs Brisbane

Naughton's goal on HT for me too. Gave him the confidence to go on with it in the second half. We must also acknowledge how good Hunter's kick was to Naughton. He was struggling to get any separation all day from his opponent and Hunter's kick was absolutely perfectly placed so he could run onto it. (He gets smashed for his bad kicking, but he does do some brilliant things by foot too).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Naughton's goal on HT for me too. Gave him the confidence to go on with it in the second half. We must also acknowledge how good Hunter's kick was to Naughton. He was struggling to get any separation all day from his opponent and Hunter's kick was absolutely perfectly placed so he could run onto it. (He gets smashed for his bad kicking, but he does do some brilliant things by foot too).
    I think Lachie is working on his kicking. There have lately been a couple where he kicked low and flat to the advantage of the leading player. I am sure he is aware that it’s not his strength, and he is diligent enough to keep trying to do better. I get frustrated that he is bagged so much. Nobody runs harder than him - how many times is he the linker clearing it out of defence. We’d love to have 18 superbly skilled men out there but the reality is there are lots of different roles to be played, he plays his part.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

3. Likes Bulldog4life, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm guilty of the Hunter shade but not so blinded as to deny he's comfortably in our top half dozen picked.

That doesn't mean he doesn't frustrate, in part because he gets so much of it.

How can you not love a bloke who runs tirelessly all day? When he undoes the hard work of others and kills chains dead with slack disposal, that's when.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

5. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    JJ going in Kamikaze style on Robinson. It was a hard hit and JJ got up and said that's what we gotta do match them for intensity. It was a very un-JJ thing to do I've always thought he skirts issues ever since he did his shoulder against I think GWS but after that one act on the boundary line it seemed to set the tone for the remainder of the match.
    Good call as it was against their “enforcer” too. Did what he had to.

Post Thanks / Like

This was my moment too:

When Naughty kicked the goal and put us in front, I thought we were on.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep Aaron’s goal on the halftime siren..we all looked at each other and wondered how in hell we were in front!