Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

Contested Marking

All this talk about the contested marking record got me thinking. I can remember going to the footy one day v St Kilda at Western Oval and deciding to keep a record of how many marks Kelvin Templeton took-and every mark that KT took was contested, usually he had two or three opposition players hanging off him.

So I went looking for the footy record that I kept the total in and it was 26 marks KT took that day at CHF. The man was a phenomenon.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

2. Likes The Doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Contested Marking

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    All this talk about the contested marking record got me thinking. I can remember going to the footy one day v St Kilda at Western Oval and deciding to keep a record of how many marks Kelvin Templeton took-and every mark that KT took was contested, usually he had two or three opposition players hanging off him.

So I went looking for the footy record that I kept the total in and it was 26 marks KT took that day at CHF. The man was a phenomenon.
    To be honest I don’t remember too many that weren’t in his whole career, would back Gary Dempsey would have been up there too, he used to take all his at CHF trying to stop the floodgates opening every week.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post

What year and round was it? Was it the 15 goal game?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    What year and round was it? Was it the 15 goal game?
    1980. The year he won the Brownlow. I looked it up on AFLTables and it only credits KT with 19 marks but I was there, I kept a record and my total numbered 26
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

6. Thanks Dancin' Douggy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The best player I ever saw live based on his 1980 season and I saw a little bit of Carey and living next Kardinia Park for 20 years a lot of Ablett Snr. KT was Naughton with more hype and far more runs on the board. He was an absolute jet.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.