Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

The Simple Scenarios

So we look forwards now:

Win - Finish 2nd (if Cats lose - Cats @ MARVEL)

Win - Finish 3rd (If Dees lose - Dees @ MCG)

Draw - Finish 4th (play winner of Dees & Cats @ MCG or GMHBA)

Lose - Finish 5th (play GWS or more likely Essendon @ MARVEL)

GMHBA & Marvel is now more possible if crowds are zero to low. No bye and current cases could bring in GMHBA & MARVEL where a while back I thought it remote.

* Brisbane will spank WCE at the GABBA.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Thanks I'm Not Bitter Anymore! thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Simple Scenarios

If Melb beat Geelong and we beat Port we finish 2nd…

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wb_age View Post
    If Melb beat Geelong and we beat Port we finish 2nd…
    Right you are! Will amend
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

So… BT… do we finish 2nd or 5th?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    So… BT… do we finish 2nd or 5th?
    If I were betting. Dees bring in Viney, McDonald & May. They should win. So that opens up second.

I wouldn’t bet on a draw.

So it’s second or fifth. Win or lose.

Im torn. I’ve believed all year and I’m not as firm in that belief now. We can win no doubt. My disappointment in my heart today says no. My logical rationalisation says maybe if we can bring in Gardner & Schache. Bring in a ruck and Jamarra and possibly Richards. Hopefully the time to get up to scratch for Dunkley, Treloar & VDM is done. Surely our mids can’t play poorly three straight. Dumb errors by Smith on the line and Wood on the boundary get tidied up. Pride gets flamed. Maybe the adversity galvanises the group. Plus Port looked very poor in stages at Marvel against Saints & GWS. Maybe a 100 point win makes them cocky or lazy.

I want a strong win. A home QF at Marvel. That’s what we all want. Our lives, hearts and minds for years or decades invested in these guys in our jumper. Im not prepared to put money on it, but I’m prepared to back in all the reasons we should get up. Cross fingers and toes. I don’t have blind faith or complete fatalism. The answer would’ve been shorter if I did. So I will go with 2nd as the alternative isn’t worth thinking about until and unless it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Port have won their last 4 in a row, but overall this season they haven't beaten a top 4 side and have only beaten Sydney and Essendon currently in the 8. They beat Essendon in round 2, arguably when Essendon where still finding their feet and beat Sydney by 10 points at home. Although Port have won 16 games, some how I feel they haven't had a great season, losing 3 at home including the loss to us.

I think at Marvel they are gettable, and we need to be switched on.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.