Thanks Thanks:  56
Likes Likes:  235
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tom Boyd Retires

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Everyone’s favourite media stooge, Damien Barrett, has said on AFL.com.au that he believes Boyd’s deal should still be included in our salary cap and there needs to be clarification around it.

His pettiness is just sad at this point.
    Take a big brown branch from a tree and stick it up your arse Purple. This is why it doesn't count in our cap, clear enough for you? Or do we need to send Bevo around to explain it to you? You are a disgrace to the footy media, amd that's a ****ing big disgrace!

https://www.3aw.com.au/why-tom-boyds...IFBVJiyWbMK7tI
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

2. Thanks Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, KT31 thanked for this post
    Likes Doggy, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone’s favourite media stooge, Damien Barrett, has said on AFL.com.au that he believes Boyd’s deal should still be included in our salary cap and there needs to be clarification around it.

His pettiness is just sad at this point.
    Isn't Thursday night his night to pull the legs off spiders, shoot at local animals and spray paint the head stones of dead children at his local cemetery?

Say what you like, he can multitask to add in some Boyd/dogs hate. But then again, some of the worlds biggest scum could multitask well.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes Doggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tom and best wishes. You have become part of the lives of all Bulldogs supporters. You will live forever as a Bulldog great.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

His effort in the Preliminary Final was amazing too - he had to carry the ruck for 3 quarters after Roughie’s eye injury

7. Likes bornadog, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ill never forget that day listening to trade radio and the news coming through that Tom Boyd wants to be a Bulldog. Lets be honest we haven't had a lot of success, in that moment I felt shit maybe, just maybe the tide will turn one day. It turned more than anyone us could have imagined. Thanks Tom for being a major part of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Ill never forget that day listening to trade radio and the news coming through that Tom Boyd wants to be a Bulldog. Lets be honest we haven't had a lot of success, in that moment I felt shit maybe, just maybe the tide will turn one day. It turned more than anyone us could have imagined. Thanks Tom for being a major part of it.
    Given it was our captain walking out that precipitated it, no I was more like "$%^& we are now playing damage control and flailing, not swinging, for the fence.
    I was wrong. Griff would not have lifted us to the Holy Grail, and Boyd as from today would not lift us beyond.
    But Boyd did lift us to the Holy Grail, and irrespective of where this pmays out in 1 or 2 years time I will be forever grateful for Tom's pivotal contribution.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    He'll be back. Needs to sort out some crap first.
    Hopefully with the Bulldogs!

Post Thanks / Like

Having read this thread and watched some highlights of Tom, I am really sad that it ended like this. I hope he sorts things out. He is only 23 and you never know what can happen in a few years.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All the best Tom.

Post Thanks / Like

So many of you said it better than i can. You are a bullGod Tom and will always be in the hearts of many bulldog supporters.

Look after yourself Tom

Post Thanks / Like

I would love someone to give Leigh Matthews a spray.
    I just did on Twitter. Pity I only have about 20 followers.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I just did on Twitter. Pity I only have about 20 followers.
    We can get some momentum going, I'll retweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I'm feeling two overwhelming emotions.

The first is immense sadness. And not just for the fact that well never see Tom play again, nor that well never see him realise his potential.

As many on here know, I'm a Police Officer, and next month I tick over ten years since marching out of Glen Waverley.

In that ten years I've seen what happens when a person's mental health fails them.

I've seen people I love, admire and respect become shells of their former selves because of demons within. As such, the thought of a person's metal health cutting a career short hits very, very close to home.

Balancing that out, however, is the feeling of immense gratitude I'll always carry with me when I think of Tom.

Not just for his heroics on that wonderful grand final day and all the other highlights Tom gave us over the years.

I'm grateful to his family for the wonderful, humble young man he was sculpted into.

I'm grateful for the junior coaches who started him on his journey.

I'm grateful to Peter Gordon and Jason McCartney for deciding not to take Ryan Griffen's departure lying down, instead taking an insane gamble on an unproven talent.

I'm grateful for Luke Beveridge and his team of coaches for homing Tom's talent and showing the faith in him.

I'm grateful to the supporters in his life that have nursed him through what must surely have been a horrific last two years.

But most of all I'm grateful to Tom himself. For having enough faith in our club to commit as strongly to us as no 19 year old has ever done. For stoically enduring the worst our game can offer up simply to be one of us.

Grateful that, when 'The Stadium held it's breath', fate chose to side with us.

Most of all, however, I'm grateful simply that he's still here to make the decision to walk away from it all.

Thank you Tom. Thank you for everything. Go well. You'll always be one of us.
    I've read this about ten times, each time I do it resonates loudly. Thanks for the post WD, plenty of great posts about Tom this is the most poignant. I'm sure I'll read it again!
    I echo the idea of sharing this with Tom it's where this forum really sets itself apart.

18. Likes FrediKanoute, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Barrett has backtracked in his column today, writing that the AFL has confirmed Boyd's deal won't be included in our cap moving forward.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting stat

#1 Draft Picks to win a V/AFL premiership

Drew Banfield
    Des Headland
    Luke Hodge
    TOM BOYD
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

21. Likes Mofra, hujsh liked this post