Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Tom Boyd trade that shook up footy landscape — and what it’s meant for Giants and Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Damian "Backtrack" Barrett.
    Find I instinctively feel like a shower after reading his schtick.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Tom Boyd trade that shook up footy landscape — and what it’s meant for Giants and Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    The only player we need to sign longer term that has a contract that expires in 2019 is English.

We have time for Bont.
    Macrae, Hunter & McLean signed long term deals.

We also lose Picken's contract after this year and perhaps Morris. Wood is also on very good coin (signed as 2016 premiership captain and 2015 AA year) so we lose that shortly too.
    English contract expires 2020. But as you suggest we need to extend him this year.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Browne reporting we are into Tomlinson with the spare cash. Would suit our needs.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember Gary being into him a fews years ago I wonder if he still feels the same about him and how he might fit!
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I remember Gary being into him a fews years ago I wonder if he still feels the same about him and how he might fit!
    I think he would be a good enough defender for us. He's being talked about as a forward which is a bit of a change but probably right up Bevo's alley.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think he would be a good enough defender for us. He's being talked about as a forward which is a bit of a change but probably right up Bevo's alley.
    A mobile runner who can play anywhere, the only way he could get more Bevo is if he changed his first name to Bailey.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

7. Likes Bulldog Joe, GVGjr, hujsh, Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A mobile runner who can play anywhere, the only way he could get more Bevo is if he changed his first name to Bailey.
    Brilliant. if we were to land him he will be interchanging with Tim English on a wing.

Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant. if we were to land him he will be interchanging with Tim English on a wing.
    Id play him as a key back - he seems to me to have got better as a key defender - found a settled position

Its likely they might want to move him on in terms of pay roll - I'd ask them for a pick as well to take him off their salary cap so they can re-sign Coniglio

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Id play him as a key back - he seems to me to have got better as a key defender - found a settled position

Its likely they might want to move him on in terms of pay roll - I'd ask them for a pick as well to take him off their salary cap so they can re-sign Coniglio
    Tomlinson is a free agent, they will be getting a pick, not us. They cleared a lot of cap space last year through Shiel and Scully so I'm not sure their cap is that tight, although we would be able to offer him more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post

I think that Gary might have been kidding with his call to swap Tomlinson and English on a wing.

Bevo loves variety and payers that play more than one position but that might be too varied!!!!!!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I think that Gary might have been kidding with his call to swap Tomlinson and English on a wing.

Bevo loves variety and payers that play more than one position but that might be too varied!!!!!!
    Yep but if we were to pick-up someone like Tomlinson based on his form as a defender it's highly likely that Bevo will play him in another position. In fairness to Bevo sometimes it works.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep but if we were to pick-up someone like Tomlinson based on his form as a defender it's highly likely that Bevo will play him in another position. In fairness to Bevo sometimes it works.
    We may laugh at some of the moves and positions of players, but the way I see it, Bevo is trying to plug holes because we don't have the players to cover all the roles we want.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

That made me laugh out loud ... snort included
    WOOF Member 422

15. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We may laugh at some of the moves and positions of players, but the way I see it, Bevo is trying to plug holes because we don't have the players to cover all the roles we want.
    Why do you think that is?

Post Thanks / Like

Why do you think that is?
    A combination of factors over the years, mainly injury, but also lack of goal kickers, talls slow to develop etc
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.