Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Can we all buy into this?

Bevo today mentioned there was a journalist with a black soul who contributed to the demise of Tom Boyd. I think most of us would agree. But there's something small we can do, and that's is to completely ignore his existence on this forum. Or further, ignore everything about his articles now his career took a hit with a football show being cancelled. The biggest threat to his career is people ignoring him.

So I propose we do as the club does, and completely ignore him. I'm not advocating censorship or control of posters, but we have a very small thing we can do to retaliate against this black soul who helped ruin our pick 1 grand final hero. I'd love for every posters to buy into ignoring him, never using his name or referencing his BS writings. But I understand if you don't want to.

For your information and consideration.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes bornadog, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can we all buy into this?

I appreciate the sentiment, but like Bevo himself, I can't help myself from hating on the guy (and kind of enjoying it).

What I will do is never link to his columns and help his view count.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

4. Likes Funke disco liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've wanted a WOOF embargo thread for years - I'll co-sign this and throw in the following for the banned list:

- Circular posts about players heights
    - joking about playing guys in the ruck/turning players into ruckmen
    - Comparing Gowers and Stringer
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

6. Likes GVGjr, bornadog, Remi Moses liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Gowers and who ?
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

I've wanted a WOOF embargo thread for years - I'll co-sign this and throw in the following for the banned list:

I'll sign up for the first and third but the second one, in moderation, can be okay

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Bevo today mentioned there was a journalist with a black soul who contributed to the demise of Tom Boyd. I think most of us would agree. But there's something small we can do, and that's is to completely ignore his existence on this forum. Or further, ignore everything about his articles now his career took a hit with a football show being cancelled. The biggest threat to his career is people ignoring him.

So I propose we do as the club does, and completely ignore him. I'm not advocating censorship or control of posters, but we have a very small thing we can do to retaliate against this black soul who helped ruin our pick 1 grand final hero. I'd love for every posters to buy into ignoring him, never using his name or referencing his BS writings. But I understand if you don't want to.

For your information and consideration.
    I see you didn't stop writing 47s after you left.

I have noted Bulldogtragic's recommendations and I concur with his assessment.

10. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I will do my best to avoid his propaganda.

12. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I see you didn't stop writing 47s after you left.

I have noted Bulldogtragic's recommendations and I concur with his assessment.
    Hard to break the habit, especially when the PMO made the call for me. No red pen or negative return on my 47, I’ve still got it!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I've been suggesting something similar for a while now but some of us are clearly attracted to his nonsense.

Write to the AFL and suggest you will boycott their site because of what he writes
    Don't follow him on Twitter, don't respond to others that quote him.
    I've even stopped following some good Bulldog people on Twitter because they keep responding to his comments and I don't want to read it.

I've also been toying with the idea of closing a thread about him and putting his name on the swear filters.

Unfortunately we have some supporters that have in a roundabout way enabled him. Ignore him and the problem is significantly reduced.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

15. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Never! This is now a rite of passage for Bulldog faithful that will endure for aeons.

You have my full support on the others.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I've been suggesting something similar for a while now but some of us are clearly attracted to his nonsense.

Write to the AFL and suggest you will boycott their site because of what he writes
    Don't follow him on Twitter, don't respond to others that quote him.
    I've even stopped following some good Bulldog people on Twitter because they keep responding to his comments and I don't want to read it.

I've also been toying with the idea of closing a thread about him and putting his name on the swear filters.

Unfortunately we have some supporters that have in a roundabout way enabled him. Ignore him and the problem is significantly reduced.
    How about tweaking that so when a poster types his name the word 'toilet' appears?
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    How about tweaking that so when a poster types his name the word 'toilet' appears?
    Or Black Soul?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Will indulge for this thread post only (and maybe a conversation over a beer with mates) as have avoided almost all AFL related media for a while now, and I can highly recommend.

You feel a certain pride when Bevo speaks about players in the manner he does, and he clearly shared the view of plenty that that certain 'jounalist' had made inferences to mental health when Boyd missed the Melbourne game last year (and he knew what he was doing, his attempt to say Bevo was the one linking the two was pure gaslighting) ...but I hope it's the last we hear of it.

Watched 'In the Fury' on youtube last night - bloody emotional watching that - but then the next vid that comes up automatically is that AFL journo and Matthew Lloyd discussing the GF and how significant Boyd was. Makes you wanna retch.

I'll commit - no more mention of him.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

20. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Grub , because that’s what he is !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    That can easily be done
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"