Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  50

View Poll Results: Where are Woofers located?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • VIC Metro Western

20 24.39%
  • VIC Metro Northern

13 15.85%
  • VIC Metro Eastern/South Eastern/Bayside

17 20.73%
  • VIC Country

8 9.76%
  • NSW

3 3.66%
  • QLD

3 3.66%
  • SA

3 3.66%
  • WA

4 4.88%
  • TAS

0 0%
  • ACT

2 2.44%
  • NT

0 0%
  • Overseas

4 4.88%
  • VIC Metro CBD

5 6.10%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Our Great WOOF Community

27 more responses to go to get to the 100. No surprises from the results. Have the core of support in the western heartland with considerable number in the north east/south east plus a good country following.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Thought I put this here. This is the first jumper we had that incorporated the red, white and blue colours 1886.

"Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

3. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Likes Mofra, WBFC4FFC, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Thought I put this here. This is the first jumper we had that incorporated the red, white and blue colours 1886.

Did you do that Easty? It's good.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Did you do that Easty? It's good.
    No someone else did. They did a very good job.

Post Thanks / Like

No someone else did. They did a very good job.
    Was done from an online store that does these but I can’t remember off the top of my head now which one. When it comes to me I’ll post the link.

Post Thanks / Like

Back in my primary school days when we did the Soverign Hill camp I went to this school

Still have a photo of our class that year outside that school.

http://www.sovereignhill.com.au/cost...tional-school/

Post Thanks / Like

Been great in recent times driving in the inner west to the Whitten Oval and surrounds. Will have to one day do a woof catch up somewhere in the inner west once Covid calms down.

9. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From the Kennel Kapers No. 4 June 2021

Tony Crehan - President EWC

East West Club Early Days

I’ve reached out to our past members of the East-West Club - from foundation members to those that were part of our group in those first 20 years and invited them to relate some of their stories.

We have available a 2020 (not 2021 as previously advised) Western Bulldogs signed team jumper for the best story. Our first entries are from Geoff Gray, who not only was one of the original members from that first meeting at the Mitcham Hotel in 1983 but until last year served again for a number of years on our committee. He has also has been a long time sponsor of our group.

Here is Geoff’s first story.

I remember back in 1991, the East-West Club ran a competition for Junior Members. They were asked to explain in a few words why they would like a favourite Bulldogs player to come to their home for a dinner!

On the TV at that time there was a promotion about the advantages of cooking a lamb roast for
    your guests. My 10-year-old daughter, Loren Gray, thought she would write in and explain that if we had a Bulldogs player for dinner “my Mum would cook him up a lamb roast with all the trimmings”.

Well, Loren became the winning entry and Ben Sexton duly turned up one night and enjoyed a beautiful lamb roast with our family. I think I was more impressed than my children to have a senior Bulldog home for dinner!

Geoff also shared this second story that may bring back some memories for our older East- Westers:

I remember the times when we had a trip to the Kennel to have a pie night and watch players train.

A bus would start from down near Dandenong and travel via Glen Waverley, pick us up at Ringwood Square, on to Doncaster and then out to the Western Oval for training.

We were shown around the facilities, watched some training and then listened to some “tall stories” from one of our trainers.

Post Thanks / Like

Shout-out to the 5 rusted on expats. Whoever you are.

One bonus, I can get Bulldogs gear straight from the factory
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Been great in recent times driving in the inner west to the Whitten Oval and surrounds. Will have to one day do a woof catch up somewhere in the inner west once Covid calms down.
    Really loving driving around there. I feel like I probably have gone past some woofers current and old houses

13. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Shout-out to the 5 rusted on expats. Whoever you are.

One bonus, I can get Bulldogs gear straight from the factory
    How is it following the Dogs from overseas GD?

15. Thanks Ghost Dog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How is it following the Dogs from overseas GD?
    Hi there EDog. Thanks for saying hi.

The Youtuber Al does an excellent job with the highlights. It's especially interesting to watch the VFL.
    I'm in Shanghai and there's a bit of an AFL community here.
    My boss is a raving crows fan. There's a bar called The Shed, an Australian-themed place where you can watch AFL.
    Obviously, I could follow AFL better in Melbourne but on the other hand, I'd most likely be jobless right now.
    All the colleagues in my former industry ( international students ) are doing anything they can to find work now.

Last year was such a complex and difficult time I was out of it. Thanks to GVG for reeling me back in. This forum is great.
    I made the decision to move cities. Luckily I did as the place I was in is all in lockdown at the moment.

Who else is OS at the moment? appreciate everyone's insights and posts - thank you.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

17. Likes EasternWest, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff GD. Been good to hear from you. Hoping we can get the win on Sunday.

19. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Doggies scarf proudly out at home:

Post Thanks / Like

Is Flemington northern or western?

22. Likes Eastdog liked this post