Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  50

View Poll Results: Where are Woofers located?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • VIC Metro Western

20 24.39%
  • VIC Metro Northern

13 15.85%
  • VIC Metro Eastern/South Eastern/Bayside

17 20.73%
  • VIC Country

8 9.76%
  • NSW

3 3.66%
  • QLD

3 3.66%
  • SA

3 3.66%
  • WA

4 4.88%
  • TAS

0 0%
  • ACT

2 2.44%
  • NT

0 0%
  • Overseas

4 4.88%
  • VIC Metro CBD

5 6.10%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Our Great WOOF Community

I worked at the vic rail printing works in Lauren’s street from 1980 to 1990 . Used to run laps around the Arden street ground at lunchtime and use the pool next to it.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I worked at the vic rail printing works in Lauren’s street from 1980 to 1990 . Used to run laps around the Arden street ground at lunchtime and use the pool next to it.
    Printing signs ledge? I used to live in Queensberry street while studying at RMIT. That was back in the day when students could live in the inner city......
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Zeppelin played Kooyong
    That would have been a cool show to see.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Printing signs ledge? I used to live in Queensberry street while studying at RMIT. That was back in the day when students could live in the inner city......
    They do live in the inner city have you been to the Vic market area, full of towers with Asian students
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Printing train tickets , timetables etc, I am actually a bookbinder by trade, did the schooling at the MCPGA in Queensbury street.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Printing train tickets , timetables etc, I am actually a bookbinder by trade, did the schooling at the MCPGA in Queensbury street.
    Thats interesting. I used to walk past that building often. My grandfather was editor of a country newspaper. I love the smell of printing ink.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but they don't go to the Tote on a Saturday night and listen to Triple R.
    Docklands is the actual city.
    I mean when a guy from the country could live on Austudy in the inner city ( Fitzroy, North Melb ) without his parent's deep pockets.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats interesting. I used to walk past that building often. My grandfather was editor of a country newspaper. I love the smell of printing ink.
    It’s only just been ripped down , the old canteen building is still sitting there, must be to do with the new tunnel.
    Sometimes I wonder about the asbestos it must have been full of.
    I was a 16 year old apprentice back in 1980.
    Had a Fitzroy footballer called Burke work with us at one time.
    Also had a champion vic boxer called Stretch Anderson who became known for a particular shooting in brashes greensborough, took out his girlfriend a friend and himself, scary man, were later to find out he had a gun in his work draw and came to work that day looking for some managers. He read Mein Campf and spent all his time doing Rubics cube.
    Only one manager was game to say anything to him, they just left him alone.
    Greg Williams also visited occasionally.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

It’s only just been ripped down , the old canteen building is still sitting there, must be to do with the new tunnel.
    Also had a champion vic boxer called Stretch Anderson who became known for a particular shooting in brashes greensborough, took out his girlfriend a friend and himself, scary man, were later to find out he had a gun in his work draw and came to work that day looking for some managers. He read Mein Campf and spent all his time doing Rubics cube.
    So interesting. What a character. So I assume he did a long stint in jail.
    North Melbourne, Abbostsord, Clifton Hill, I lived a lot in the inner city as a student and graduate. I lived at PANCH hospital when they leased the res to RMIT in Bundoora, before the design dept moved to the city. There were shootings in Preston as well.
    Those old boxing gyms in the inner city were such interesting places. I laugh at gyms in Melbourne now, with signs reminding people to wear deodorant. No kidding. I liked North Melbourne back in those days and the market was cheap. I always wanted to learn silk screen or other old school printing. I teach a bit of printmaking now and then here in China.

Post Thanks / Like

https://twistedhistory.net.au/2016/0...-sets-pattern/

Found this if you read down you will find his story.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I remember that. His name was Trevor Anderson wasn't it? Early '80s, I want to say late '82, early '83. Weird thing to happen but pretty much everyone had access to a gun back then before Port Arthur.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I remember Stretch Anderson from TV Ringside on channel 7.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I remember Stretch Anderson from TV Ringside on channel 7.
    Yep that was him.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Reminiscing of when the inner city was the industrial heartland.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Really good response so far up to 50. TAS and NT still yet to get off the mark but every other option has been filled.