Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  50

View Poll Results: Where are Woofers located?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • VIC Metro Western

20 24.39%
  • VIC Metro Northern

13 15.85%
  • VIC Metro Eastern/South Eastern/Bayside

17 20.73%
  • VIC Country

8 9.76%
  • NSW

3 3.66%
  • QLD

3 3.66%
  • SA

3 3.66%
  • WA

4 4.88%
  • TAS

0 0%
  • ACT

2 2.44%
  • NT

0 0%
  • Overseas

4 4.88%
  • VIC Metro CBD

5 6.10%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Our Great WOOF Community

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Big conincidence. Conindences crop up more than you think. How was Soverign Hill Twodogs?

Thanks to all woofers for answering the poll. We have a high concentration in the western suburbs heartland which is expected but a good sperad in the northern and eastern suburbs from woof. The VIC country poll is going up have quite a few on here from the country.
    Her birthday is next month, that's when we are going. My daughter livers in Tassie these days but she lived with me for most of her life. My son lives on the mainland with me.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

2. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How was Soverign Hill Twodogs? Did you have a good time out there?
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

How was Soverign Hill Twodogs? Did you have a good time out there?
    Yeah it was great. I nearly bought a hat! I did buy lots of boiled lollies though.

Pretty sure my daughter had a good time.

5. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Yeah it was great. I nearly bought a hat! I did buy lots of boiled lollies though.

Great to hear Twodogs.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Imagine if we were playing up in Ballarat this weekend. We could have been the first AFL game to get snow

Post Thanks / Like

You haven't had a raspberry drop unless you've had a still-warm one from the factory.

We watched the peppermint humbug demonstration and anyone who had a sinus problem didn't by the end of the demo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    You haven't had a raspberry drop unless you've had a still-warm one from the factory.

We watched the peppermint humbug demonstration and anyone who had a sinus problem didn't by the end of the demo
    Years age I did a lolly making course at William Angliss College. It was great they taught us how to roll boiled sweets and enrobe chocolate. The process of making boiled lollies is really dangerous because you are working with boiling sugar masses and using steam and vapours. All the guys who taught the course were either German or Austrian (probably half a dozen blokes were teaching us at various stages) and they all had most of their fingertips burned away to the first knuckle joint because they stopped concentrating at one stage and ended up dipping their fingers into boiling hot melted sugar!

I've had lots of jobs and taken interests in all sorts of things but they were the wildest guys I've ever worked with.

10. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Imagine if we were playing up in Ballarat this weekend. We could have been the first AFL game to get snow
    About a fortnight after the moon landing in 1969 it snowed in Yarraville for the only time in my 55 years. It was only a light dusting but the teacher wouldn't let us out of the classroom to play in it. Talk about a miserable old git! Even though she wasn't even half the age I am now.

12. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

About a fortnight after the moon landing in 1969 it snowed in Yarraville for the only time in my 55 years. It was only a light dusting but the teacher wouldn't let us out of the classroom to play in it. Talk about a miserable old git! Even though she wasn't even half the age I am now.
    What school did you go to in Yarraville Td? I went to Yarraville West. Earlier than you though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    What school did you go to in Yarraville Td? I went to Yarraville West. Earlier than you though.
    I went to Kingsville between 1969-1975. It's the 100th birthday celebration of the school opening in 1919 in a couple of weeks.

I was in Preps when it snowed and I can remember watching through the window with my mates and asking (begging) the teacher to let us outside at morning playtime but she said no. We were all like "WTF? It's snowing and you won't let us out of the classroom?" but she held firm, "No you will get all wet and catch a cold!" "But duuude, it's snowing!!!!! Who gives a *!*!*!*! what happens to us next week?"

I reckon it contributed to my problems with authority later in life. A few years later a teacher blocked the door to try and stop me getting out of an upstairs classroom so I jumped out of the window. I didn't really think that one through very well though, the sudden landing bloody hurt.

15. Likes Bulldog4life, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to Kingsville between 1969-1975. It's the 100th birthday celebration of the school opening in 1919 in a couple of weeks.
    My cousins went there during that period.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    My cousins went there during that period.
    What were their names? I might know them.

Post Thanks / Like

What were their names? I might know them.
    I won't give full name, but with my Turkish background you probably knew a few. Did you know an Ahmet

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I won't give full name, but with my Turkish background you probably knew a few. Did you know an Ahmet
    Yup. Went to school with lots of Turkish kids. Their dads were always intrigued how most Aussie kids knew who Attaturk was and held him in such high regard.

20. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup. Went to school with lots of Turkish kids. Their dads were always intrigued how most Aussie kids knew who Attaturk was and held him in such high regard.
    Yeah, we all grew up not far from that school, off Somerville rd. Kingsville st, Wales St, Coronation st, etc. I was brought up in Wales st, but we moved to West Sunshine when I was four. We came back in 1961 and lived in Barkley st and I went to West Footscray Primary for a few years. My dad and his cousins, friends, loved the footy when they arrived in 1951 and lived in those streets and walked to the ground.