Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  50

View Poll Results: Where are Woofers located?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • VIC Metro Western

20 24.39%
  • VIC Metro Northern

13 15.85%
  • VIC Metro Eastern/South Eastern/Bayside

17 20.73%
  • VIC Country

8 9.76%
  • NSW

3 3.66%
  • QLD

3 3.66%
  • SA

3 3.66%
  • WA

4 4.88%
  • TAS

0 0%
  • ACT

2 2.44%
  • NT

0 0%
  • Overseas

4 4.88%
  • VIC Metro CBD

5 6.10%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Our Great WOOF Community

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Years age I did a lolly making course at William Angliss College. It was great they taught us how to roll boiled sweets and enrobe chocolate. The process of making boiled lollies is really dangerous because you are working with boiling sugar masses and using steam and vapours. All the guys who taught the course were either German or Austrian (probably half a dozen blokes were teaching us at various stages) and they all had most of their fingertips burned away to the first knuckle joint because they stopped concentrating at one stage and ended up dipping their fingers into boiling hot melted sugar!

I've had lots of jobs and taken interests in all sorts of things but they were the wildest guys I've ever worked with.
    Its a fascinating process to watch, between the initial sugar/water/butter mixture, to adding whatever colour/oil/flavouring they need, the cooling, the taffy pull, rolling it through the old machine, the kids were captivated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I went to Kingsville between 1969-1975. It's the 100th birthday celebration of the school opening in 1919 in a couple of weeks.
    I went to Kingville too - a few years after you finished though
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I went to Kingsville too - a few years after you finished though
    A Famous school
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I went to Kingville too - a few years after you finished though
    I didn't know that. When were you there? EJ went to Kingsville too. Bubba Smith and Ijlia Grgic lived locally (they both lived in Angliss street ironically) but I'm not sure they went to Kingy. I'm pretty sure that Rohan went to a Catholic school and Ijlia Grgic went to a private school, Ijlia has a massive intellect and would have been wasting his time at a government school.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Its a fascinating process to watch, between the initial sugar/water/butter mixture, to adding whatever colour/oil/flavouring they need, the cooling, the taffy pull, rolling it through the old machine, the kids were captivated.
    It's THE highlight of a trip to SH.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yeah, we all grew up not far from that school, off Somerville rd. Kingsville st, Wales St, Coronation st, etc. I was brought up in Wales st, but we moved to West Sunshine when I was four. We came back in 1961 and lived in Barkley st and I went to West Footscray Primary for a few years. My dad and his cousins, friends, loved the footy when they arrived in 1951 and lived in those streets and walked to the ground.
    I used to knock doors on those streets asking if people wanted any odd jobs done and I used to have a bunch of old ladies who would save their bottles for me. Then when I had enough, I'd take them to the bottlo in Willy road and cash them in.

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Up to 62 votes from Woofers.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yeah, we all grew up not far from that school, off Somerville rd. Kingsville st, Wales St, Coronation st, etc. I was brought up in Wales st, but we moved to West Sunshine when I was four. We came back in 1961 and lived in Barkley st and I went to West Footscray Primary for a few years. My dad and his cousins, friends, loved the footy when they arrived in 1951 and lived in those streets and walked to the ground.
    I believe that there were more trams in the inner west back then as today there is only the 57 and 82 that run through the inner west. Was there a tram that went past WO?
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    I believe that there were more trams in the inner west back then as today there is only the 57 and 82 that run through the inner west. Was there a tram that went past WO?
    Can i just say, we have ZERO trams here in Brisvegas. In the infinite wisdom of Qld Govt, they got rid of the largest tram system in Australia, decades ago. We as a city are the poorer for that, both culturally and economically (given the billions of dollars subsequent Govts have thrown at trying to solve traffic issues)
    Having just visited Melvourne, it was a relative joy to experience the ease of getting around the city compared to up here.
    If not for your haughty house prices, I'd be moving my family back down to Melbourne in a heartbeat!!

11. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Yes there was, straight down Barkley st past our place.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here are the boys at Kingsville Primary today

Post Thanks / Like

Only one kid in a bulldog jumper is massively disappointing. I'm goiung to ask some pointed questions when I am at Kinsville on Saturday for the 100 anniversary.

Is this microphone working????
    "what the *!*!*!*! do you parents think you're doing? You move to the west and you barrack for Footscray, that's the rule with living in the west. At least your kids should, we couldn't give a rat's arse who the parents barrack for. We want your kids! Buy them a membership"

Post Thanks / Like

Two kids TD, two kids. But your point remains.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Two kids TD, two kids. But your point remains.
    So it is. It's still not close to being good enough though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Can i just say, we have ZERO trams here in Brisvegas. In the infinite wisdom of Qld Govt, they got rid of the largest tram system in Australia, decades ago. We as a city are the poorer for that, both culturally and economically (given the billions of dollars subsequent Govts have thrown at trying to solve traffic issues)
    Having just visited Melvourne, it was a relative joy to experience the ease of getting around the city compared to up here.
    If not for your haughty house prices, I'd be moving my family back down to Melbourne in a heartbeat!!
    Tram not so good if your living in the outer suburbs to commute into the city but for inner city people they are a very good. We still can get things better like train and tram frequencies etc but by and large it is very good. A lot of projects are going on right now in Victoria like the Metro tunnel.

19. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post