Somehow I think the days of Tom Boyd, Jonathon Patton and two meter Peter are over.

The huge monster forward just doesn't seem to work in todays footy. Aside from Tom Hawkins. Maybe he just gets better delivery (and home town umpiring)

Their bodies can't seem to hold up. They're too easy to counter attack against..........and let's face it. None of these guys are Plugger. I would still take Plugger in a heartbeat.

I certainly wouldn't be dumping the war chest on either Patton (carrying a truckload of injuries, and yet to really have a solid stretch of dominating performances) or Peter Wright (still unproven).

Maybe there's a a kind of mythical fascination with the huge superhuman forward. It stems perhaps from plays and movies like 'And the big men fly'
and 'The Club'. This idea that there's some undiscovered kid out there on a farm somewhere that you can get for a couple of new shirts, that is a god. Almost like the Loch Ness monster or the Yeti. I think it's a myth that we have all held on to deep in our psyches. It's hard to let go of. It really is.

Jeremy Cameron, Jack Riewoldt, Joe Daniher............ these guys aren't hulking brutish monsters. They are lean and agile with spring and pace.

If we can get someone like those guys...........for sure... But I wouldn't be throwing the war chest at a huge lumbering forward