Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Footy clubs that are known as 'the bulldogs' or wear the red, white and blue

Always had a curiosity about country or suburban clubs that are either known as the bulldogs or wear the red, white and blue. For example:

South Fremantle
    Central districts
    Tatura
    Mornington
    East Sydney
    Point Cook

What others can you come up with?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Footy clubs that are known as 'the bulldogs' or wear the red, white and blue

Bunyip FC
    Gisborne FC

AFL affiliated clubs here
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

3. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Footy clubs that are known as 'the bulldogs' or wear the red, white and blue

North Heidelberg FC - Northern Football League
    South Croydon FC - Eastern Football League
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

5. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Daylesford
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

7. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A few from my way
    Tat(already mentioned)
    Merigum
    Tyntynder
    North Bendigo
    Tarrawingee
    Strathmerton
    The curse is dead.

9. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I will broaden the subject and go for Canterbury Bulldogs in the NRL. Unfortunately only blue and white.

11. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I will broaden the subject and go for Canterbury Bulldogs in the NRL. Unfortunately only blue and white.
    Nope, fortunately. I wouldn't want to be tied with them in any way, shape or form!
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

13. Likes HOSE B ROMERO, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

University of Georgia (Bulldogs - College Football/Basketball etc).

Down the road from my work is a team called the 'Cockburn Lakes Warriors' and they where the tri-colour. Not sure what grade of the Ammos they play in though.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

15. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Nope. They are scum and pinched our nickname in 1977. 50+ years after us. Upstarts..

17. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Daylesford
    Interestingly, Daylesford were straigh out Melbourne FC guernseys with the Demons moniker. (But 70’s/80’s royal blue version.) Members of the Ballarat FL. Bitter rivals, neighbours, Hepburn FC (Central Highlands League) wore Port Melbourne colours.

Whilst Chris Grant was starring for the Dogs, Daylesford exited the Ballarat League and entered the Central Highlands league. Due to the colour clash with Hepburn, they had to change colours. The Grant influence meant that they went with the WBFC colours and adopted the “Daylesford Dogs.”

We were directly respectful msible for that - via Granty!

Another one was Central District in SA. I believe we donated their first set of jumpers in the last 1950’s. Two clubs I tend to keep an eye on.

19. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Barossa (an amalgamation of Williamstown and Lyndoch in the Barossa/Gawler league)
    Wallaroo
    Central United (Amateurs)

Plympton (Red, Black and white)
    Ingle Farm (Green and White)

21. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In our league (West Gippsland) there are 2 Bulldogs teams that wear red, white and blue due to league changes over the years - Bunyip and Phillip Island. Surely a rare situation.

23. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    In our league (West Gippsland) there are 2 Bulldogs teams that wear red, white and blue due to league changes over the years - Bunyip and Phillip Island. Surely a rare situation.
    Extremely rare i'd imagine Axeman. What alternative jumpers are worn when they play each other? And does both sets of supporters shout 'Go dogs'?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Interestingly, Daylesford were straigh out Melbourne FC guernseys with the Demons moniker. (But 70’s/80’s royal blue version.) Members of the Ballarat FL. Bitter rivals, neighbours, Hepburn FC (Central Highlands League) wore Port Melbourne colours.

Whilst Chris Grant was starring for the Dogs, Daylesford exited the Ballarat League and entered the Central Highlands league. Due to the colour clash with Hepburn, they had to change colours. The Grant influence meant that they went with the WBFC colours and adopted the “Daylesford Dogs.”

We were directly respectful msible for that - via Granty!

Another one was Central District in SA. I believe we donated their first set of jumpers in the last 1950’s. Two clubs I tend to keep an eye on.
    Webby, that's a great tale. "Daylesford Dogs"; i think David Bowie wrote a song about them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    A few from my way
    Tat(already mentioned)
    Merigum
    Tyntynder
    North Bendigo
    Tarrawingee
    Strathmerton
    Some great names there Chef. Will have to look up which leagues they're in.

27. Likes chef liked this post