Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Coaching approval ratings

Just noticed the results of an AFL survey
    Bevo ranks at number 9 in the league with an approval rating of 83%

This is done by the supporters of each team. Simpson was at one and there was a tie at number 2 between Buckley and Fagan with Clarko next in line

Richardson was the last ranked coach with an approval rating of just 29%

I would have thought Bevo should of had a higher rating but I guess after to lean years he's slipped back a bit.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coaching approval ratings

Some of the antics this year would have worn thin. Wood forward for example.

3. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My patience with Bevo was wearing thin in the first half of the year.

There was a clear arrogance/disdain with the media which I didn't like. You need to communicate to your members through the media and we didn't do it well and haven't since 2016.

I also didn't like our gameplan with some ridiculous personnel moves (Wood and JJ forward namely).

We seemed to 'settle' a little late in the year which coincided with better tactics and better form.

5. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah im a bit losing faith/patience. The whole rebuild/remodel straight after winning a flag still baffles me.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I can take a rebuild after waiting 62 years for a flag . Constant injuries, retirements, attitude, and loss of form have significantly contributed . I think Bevo has tried to be to clever by half a few times, but would think he’s pretty respectful of mainstream media.
    There are some absolute woeful media operators though

8. Likes bornadog, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't been huge on Beveridge since mid 2017 i think. He would still gain my approval in a binary scale but on a 1-10 range I'd put him about 6-7.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

10. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I still believe in the inherent genius of Bevo. His track record everywhere he’s coached is just too good to lose faith yet.

Don’t let me down, big fella.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

12. Likes bornadog, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm backing Bevo to the hilt. The distracted players have been removed and in 2019 we can accurately gauge how he is going.

He might need a slight reinvent with the way he delivers his messages to the media but he has a clear pathway now to get this team playing some good football

14. Likes Bulldog Revolution, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I still believe in the inherent genius of Bevo. His track record everywhere he’s coached is just too good to lose faith yet.

Don’t let me down, big fella.
    totally agree.

I can see what he wanted to do with Wood and JJ. We just don’t have goal kickers. He tried it, it didn’t work and he changed back. Big deal, at least he isn’t against trying something different to win games.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Likes SquirrelGrip, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bevo cracked the code that many coaches before him couldn't. He can rebuild for 10 years if he wants.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    totally agree.

I can see what he wanted to do with Wood and JJ. We just don’t have goal kickers. He tried it, it didn’t work and he changed back. Big deal, at least he isn’t against trying something different to win games.
    I don't for one minute think he moved Wood forward to improve our goal kicking performance. He asked the captain to go forward and help the likes of Boyd by providing a marking option and to be a defensive presence. Wood just wasn't able to adapt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't for one minute think he moved Wood forward to improve our goal kicking performance. He asked the captain to go forward and help the likes of Boyd by providing a marking option and to be a defensive presence. Wood just wasn't able to adapt.
    i should have saidhp our goal kicking.
    Wood ended up playing just over half a game against GWS and half a game the following week and experiment was over.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm backing Bevo to the hilt. The distracted players have been removed and in 2019 we can accurately gauge how he is going.

He might need a slight reinvent with the way he delivers his messages to the media but he has a clear pathway now to get this team playing some good football
    This is the crux of it - he needs to re-align himself and the club now.

I wouldn't think he can afford to have a repeat of 2018, otherwise there will be questions that need to be asked.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    This is the crux of it - he needs to re-align himself and the club now.

I wouldn't think he can afford to have a repeat of 2018, otherwise there will be questions that need to be asked.
    It's a highly scrutinized position and his results in 2019 will speak volumes. It can also come down to how the list is developed

He's had the same coaching group with him since he arrived and there hasn't been wholesale changes to the playing list so I think Bevo has shown faith in the coaches and players and if they can't repay him then yes questions need to be asked.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he's gotta stop being so clever; changing assistant coaches after a flag is one thing but just shuffling them about is something that would never work.