Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  40
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day v North Melbourne R10 2019

Let down again. Even took someone to their first ever AFL match and this is what we dish up?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I know many here are frustrated and upset with the result but there was some scintillating football at times and that honesty excites me about our future.
    Can’t agree. We really stunk it up today. Which unfortunately is par for the course this year. I’m not so sure a ten minute patch of scintillating football against a bottom four team equals an exciting future.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I know many here are frustrated and upset with the result but there was some scintillating football t times and that honesty excites me about our future.

Its nowhere doom and gloom from my perspective but im as frustrated as that we dudnt finish it off in the last quarter
    We just need Timmy to start getting his hands on it first and let the Bont do his magic. The 666 is made for Bontempelli we just need to give him an opportunity to shine.

Post Thanks / Like

That really really hurt. Even more when we saw what we were capable of in 10 minutes of the last quarter, only to meekly surrender. North wanted it more. Our guys seem unable to turn up focused for these games where we are favoured to win.

Regarding Caleb Daniel I personally feel he is overused as our get out of jail option in the backline. We hand passed backwards to him several times. He is not a break the lines kind of guy. His kicks are neat and precise but don’t go far. I’m not sure we have the balance right with how we use him.

The umpiring was really dreadful today. Apart from the missed HTB decisions, Naughton was scragged with no frees while Ben Brown was untouchable. Still, we were just not switched on. Those losses against GC, Carlton and Nth have put paid to the season but also make you wonder if we’re moving backwards.

I feel too disappointed to say much else. The hunger is missing from our team. Maybe the loss of those blokes hard nuts like Smith, Picken and Biggs who absolutely burned to win a flag has been greater than we thought and some of the blokes coming through aren’t going to make it.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

5. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, the hunger and consistency just hasn’t been there since 2016.

Post Thanks / Like

The problem was you could see it coming, that they would come out boning with their shins. And we didn't bring any counter to the game for that.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Why do our players not hurt after a loss like that. They walk around like rock stars.

I thought they cleaned out the party club boys. Maybe it’s our coaching or leadership group
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    Why do our players not hurt after a loss like that. They walk around like rock stars.

I thought they cleaned out the party club boys. Maybe it’s our coaching or leadership group
    Any players in particular BB?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    you know what we don’t have so much talent. We over rate our players
    And coaches.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn’t see the game at all.

Disappointing result.

Maybe we’re just not very good? We have some talent but every list does. Our list is seemingly a long way off the likes of Collingwood.

Post Thanks / Like

Sam Power talked about the upcoming draft and seemed to suggest we had a short list of players we are interested and their availability at our selections will determine if we take one or two players

13. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A very sort presser for Bevo. 4 minutes 40 seconds. Then he was gone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Bit like our performance on the field.

Post Thanks / Like

The moment there was a pause in questions he took the opportunity to shut it down and get out of Dodge. It gave me the impression he didn't want to do the interview anyway. He talked about the Cordy move into the ruck, and I do feel that was a real positive, and he also mentioned English hitting the scoreboard which I was pleased for him.
    Who would want to be a coach of a team that is capable of both brilliance and well below par performances? I genuinely feel Bevo is working as hard as he can as a coach and that he is frustrated as all of us are with inconsistent performances during games.

Post Thanks / Like

The moment there was a pause in questions he took the opportunity to shut it down and get out of Dodge. It gave me the impression he didn't want to do the interview anyway. He talked about the Cordy move into the ruck, and I do feel that was a real positive, and he also mentioned English hitting the scoreboard which I was pleased for him.
    Who would want to be a coach of a team that is capable of both brilliance and well below acceptable performances? I genuinely feel Bevo is working as hard as he can as a coach and that he is frustrated as all of us are with inconsistent performances during games.

18. Thanks Ghost Dog thanked for this post