Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  45
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Senior Assist Coach Options

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Boyd sure. Morris I would encourage to pursue opportunities at other clubs with a view to bringing him back in a few years.

Our coaching staff is sorely lacking in fresh ideas and perspectives and adding a bloke who has been a part of our club for 14 years does not fix that at all. At least Boyd has had a couple of years at a successful club now, that's the minimum we should be expecting from Morris or any other new coach.
    I want Daniel Cross back. Is he still at Melbourne?

Post Thanks / Like

Me too. Roos gets the credit for their better work ethic but we know it was Cross.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Me too. Roos gets the credit for their better work ethic but we know it was Cross.
    Their work ethic has been a major problem this year.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Hey I recon that Wosha will be available tomorrow after the Eagles win.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

5. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    Hey I recon that Wosha will be available tomorrow after the Eagles win.
    No Thanks
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Would be refreshing if a new assistant came in and challenged our ruck strategies...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Would be refreshing if a new assistant came in and challenged our ruck strategies...
    That would entail a tete-a-tete with the coach though soooo ... y'know.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    What could’ve we done differently with the personnel we have? Seriously.

Post Thanks / Like

Our ruck change-up actually helped turn things around a bit in the second.

Having Trengove in would have helped.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I'd like to 'challenge the strategies'. Including list management strategy re rucks (force out Roughy & Campbell without a mature back up coming in), the match committee strategy of who they're selecting and why, what the midfield coach has to say and of course Bevo analysing outside feedback of his strategy. Today we used our AA mids as the second ruck which may have surprised them. Things across the club regarding rucks seems ripe for someone from the outside joining the team and asking me questions as to why. It could validate everything, or show an area we can improve meaningfully. Today at least, I said I would've brought Trengove in for Cordy and that may have helped. Who knows.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I can’t see any better a line up than we went in with today based on what was available. Trengove is too slow and too rattled under pressure to have had an impact. I thought Cordy was excellent in parts of the game, but their forwards are too tall and mobile and their midfield was too physical all game to create any space for us.

I’m not going to suggest the umpiring altered the course of the game, it didn’t, but they let a lot of under play aggression go against us early in the game. The stomach punch on Bont was ridiculous to not be a free kick in a game where a push from Davis was a free kick. It rattled us and we spent time worrying about them rather than playing our game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    I can’t see any better a line up than we went in with today based on what was available. Trengove is too slow and too rattled under pressure to have had an impact. I thought Cordy was excellent in parts of the game, but their forwards are too tall and mobile and their midfield was too physical all game to create any space for us.

I’m not going to suggest the umpiring altered the course of the game, it didn’t, but they let a lot of under play aggression go against us early in the game. The stomach punch on Bont was ridiculous to not be a free kick in a game where a push from Davis was a free kick. It rattled us and we spent time worrying about them rather than playing our game.
    You're under selling Trengove. English is a poor match-up for Mummy in the ruck. Trengoves real value in the ruck is his stoppage work. He's a big body and has a presence at the contest. I thought he'd play because they are such a good stoppage team and we'd invariably need him against Mumford, which we did.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    You're under selling Trengove. English is a poor match-up for Mummy in the ruck. Trengoves real value in the ruck is his stoppage work. He's a big body and has a presence at the contest. I thought he'd play because they are such a good stoppage team and we'd invariably need him against Mumford, which we did.
    I thought English was good v Mummy today.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought English battled well against Mummy and given the cattle we went in with our change up in the ruck was actually good for a while, but would have been even better if we had Trengove coming in above it to add some physicality.

Looking back at how we thought the game was going to pan out I understand why we selected the side we did, but looking back against how it actually panned out I think we could have definitely used Trengove.

Irrespective of all of that, you can only do what the cattle you have is capable of. Our key midfielders were not effective and our periphery wasn't experienced enough to stand up to handle what the Giants dished up to us. Well played, selected to them, they used the talent at their disposal really well.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Not sure about that.

Agree in the stoppages and center bounces he’d have been a better physical match up but I thought English did well over the course of the day in the hit outs - plus added more around the ground. Trengove I don’t think would have produced anything outside of those ball ups as a ruck and their backs were just too mobile for him.