Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  31
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things I have learned-round 10 v North Melbourne 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    We also took off Bont at a crucial time who was killing it in the middle.. sports science and all that.
    That was more crucial than the others coming off. Stopped our momentum
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Great game from Caleb but still 2 or 3 brain fades a match. The left foot kick was unnecessary.
    2. English showed in the years ahead he could be a good forward when playing there.
    3. Disappointing game that had to be won for us to play finals.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Watching 2 locals teams in a thriller in the WRFL is far more enjoyable than watching the Bulldogs surrender meekly to wooden spoon contenders.
    2. Good form in the 2nds does not = good form in the 1sts - in the AFL or local Z Grade cricket or lacrosse.
    3. Dane Rampe is a space cadet.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I was going to ask you the same thing.
    I don't know. Maybe that 15 minutes against the Hawks has them believing they only have to play 15 minutes of good footy a week against mid-lower sides. Or, that the people getting big salaries to motivate them are doing a very poor job. Or both. Or neither. But something is really messed up. But we didn't change up our coaching panel and we are apparently re-contracting Bevo a year early despite his team's mental application, motivation and performances being currently unacceptable such that our 22 selected players are picking and choosing which ones to really fight out.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I don't know. Maybe that 15 minutes against the Hawks has them believing they only have to play 15 minutes of good footy a week against mid-lower sides. Or, that the people getting big salaries to motivate them are doing a very poor job. Or both. Or neither. But something is really messed up. But we didn't change up our coaching panel and we are apparently re-contracting Bevo a year early despite his team's mental application, motivation and performances being currently unacceptable such that our 22 selected players are picking and choosing which ones to really fight out.
    I remember Bevo did say that the win against Hawks will do wonders for the player's confidence knowing they are never out of it. Maybe they think that all the time which means they can go into relax mode.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    This team can find new ways of disappointing supporters.
    Dale, Williams and Lipinski were in the right place at Footscray.

That's it. Sadly no other surprises today.
    Bit harsh on Lipinski - I thought he showed poise and good delivery several times in a 23 possession game.

7. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1.I miss the days when we just beat bottom sides and regretted not putting them away.

2. If Wood was any sort of Captain, he would know it was time to hand the reins over to Bonts straight away.

3. A sacked Coach can out coach a safe Coach, I rate him but I still would be waiting until the end of the season before we extend Bevo's contract.

4.And because I learnt this last week, you can apparently just throw the ball whilst being tackled and that's okay.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    At the risk of sounding even more like a two year old. But why?
    Or we are a very average side?

Didn’t see today but I don’t rate us.

We have some talent ie Bont, Naughton, Caleb etc but so does every other list. We have far too many holes and we can’t blame this year on injuries - we’ve had none.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I remember Bevo did say that the win against Hawks will do wonders for the player's confidence knowing they are never out of it. Maybe they think that all the time which means they can go into relax mode.
    Not a good way to be. Need to be roaring to go right from the start in games.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

1. We have the slowest coaching staff that refuse to make changes and address problems

2. We need a forwards ciach and a goal kicking coach

3. We need to sort out why we are complacent and don’t want to crack in for long parts of the game. We have lost a game plan and lost the buy in from the playing group.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

We can't afford to rock up and start playing 25 minutes after the opposition week after week
    2. We fall over a lot.
    3 our skills are getting better theeyare nothing to write he about but better
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

English is not a ruckman. He's a very tall midfield utility.

He never showed much ruck craft as a junior - he won't simply morph into Simon Madden. I like English a lot but a first ruck he aint, and I doubt he'll ever be.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

1. We are the farmers
    2. I must be getting old as i told a lady to watch her language in front of another couples kids.
    3. We made a huge mistake getting rid of Roughead and/or not using him properly.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    We also took off Bont at a crucial time who was killing it in the middle.. sports science and all that.
    We kick 4 in a row to start the quarter and Bont, who was killing them comes off - at the same time as English and Lloyd - who had BOTH just kicked two goals each. Are you f&^%$$ng kidding me!!!??? Why does English need to come off at all?? Ben Brown played full forward today, ran 16.1 kms and played 100% game time. Why are we taking blokes off that are on fire when we've finally got on top?

Add to that - we FINALLY got on top in the middle because we had Libba and Bont in there - and at the same stoppage where the three players mentioned above came off - Libba is inexplicably half forward AGAIN.

The absolute arrogance and coaching hubris is out of control. And we all knew today was going to pan out like this when Bevo announces in the presser that Lipinski and others will be getting a run as inside mids. So forward of the ball we have Libba (why?) and Bont forward most of the game on account of Gowers being dropped and us being uncompetitive in the air against tall defenders otherwise - so it was a given he goes forward.

Centre stoppage after centre stoppage of English getting worked by Goldstein, and Bevo simply HOPING that Bailey Smith in his 10th game, Dunks and Lipinski are going to shark Goldstein's taps better than Cunnington, Higgins and co.

North have pretty much two things they can do. Centre stoppages, and take intercept marks. And we get beaten by the things we already knew. 4-6 after 10 - and we've pissed 3 games down the drain due to arrogance. Second half of the year fixture looks horrendous, so book your september holidays folks.

16. Thanks S Coast Simon thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    English is not a ruckman. He's a very tall midfield utility.

He never showed much ruck craft as a junior - he won't simply morph into Simon Madden. I like English a lot but a first ruck he aint, and I doubt he'll ever be.
    Disagree completely. He got walloped today, but he will be a good ruckman.