Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  31
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things I have learned-round 10 v North Melbourne 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    1. Bevo bemoan's our lack of KP size players. Meanwhile Nathan Buckley is extracting a very good season from Jordan Roughead......
    2. We are bottom 4. When you lose to Gold Coast, Carlton and North at home, that signifies a bottom 4 season.
    3. As much as I'm angry right now, and prone to flailing at easy targets, I think- given this season is gonski- we need to show the faith in the 4 blokes promoted this week. We need to find out if Bailey Dale, Bailey Williams, Patricke Lipinski and Tim English are going to be a part of our future.
    There is no doubt Tim will be a huge part of our future.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Us. My 15 year old didnt care but there was a couple with 4 under 10 who probably didnt need their kids hearing stuff like that.

Stay at home of you want to swear out loud.
    Agree. You can swear as loud as you like at the tv.

3. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    1. Bevo bemoan's our lack of KP size players. Meanwhile Nathan Buckley is extracting a very good season from Jordan Roughead......
    2. We are bottom 4. When you lose to Gold Coast, Carlton and North at home, that signifies a bottom 4 season.
    3. As much as I'm angry right now, and prone to flailing at easy targets, I think- given this season is gonski- we need to show the faith in the 4 blokes promoted this week. We need to find out if Bailey Dale, Bailey Williams, Patricke Lipinski and Tim English are going to be a part of our future.
    Roughead is not being asked to play multiple positions . His managed 10 games this year , we struggled to get him on the park. Why can’t the coaches just accept some players cannot play in another position and focus on their strengths? Just because his the one of the tallest player was on our list doesn’t mean he can ruck all day and expect to be durable .
    Hardwick came out last week and admitted he misunderstood the value of Letting ELLIS Play to his strengths ( 33 possessions ).

https://amp.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...19-p51p2k.html

5. Likes S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Agree. You can swear as loud as you like at the tv.
    Yep. As i said to my wife if im not allowed to swear out loud no one is.
    The curse is dead.

7. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Kid next to me came with his grandma and in the final quarter let’s fly with GET STUFFED North Melbourne!
    She was mortified.. I had to hide my laughter

9. Likes bornadog, craigsahibee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Of his recent games, English played well v Lobb/Freo, v Nankervis/Rich, and probably broke square with Kreuzer and was reasonable on a dirty day for us. He's been belted up by Grundy and Goldstein - who are elite ruckman. Thats just the reality of a young ruckman - that the best opponents get a hold of you. I'm not worried about English whatsoever. 21 years and heaps of development to go, before we consider the temptation to crowbar him into another role (which we love to do!). Its quite refreshing to have a ruckman that actually marks the ball around the ground.
    He still has time on his side but I haven't seen any noticable improvement in his ruck stoppage work at all. I'm a huge English fan but rucking him 80% of the time is really hurting us at the moment. I hope the investment pays off.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

11. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    He still has time on his side but I haven't seen any noticable improvement in his ruck stoppage work at all. I'm a huge English fan but rucking him 80% of the time is really hurting us at the moment. I hope the investment pays off.
    We stuffed up yesterday because ideally Trengove should have gone into the ruck, but that left us with no one to play on Brown. Lew Young could have helped out in the backline and Cordy would have stayed there. We had a 7 game tall with 3 goals, abit like last week with Fort.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Of his recent games, English played well v Lobb/Freo, v Nankervis/Rich, and probably broke square with Kreuzer and was reasonable on a dirty day for us. He's been belted up by Grundy and Goldstein - who are elite ruckman. Thats just the reality of a young ruckman - that the best opponents get a hold of you. I'm not worried about English whatsoever. 21 years and heaps of development to go, before we consider the temptation to crowbar him into another role (which we love to do!). Its quite refreshing to have a ruckman that actually marks the ball around the ground.
    It takes a touch more than 17 senior games to develop a ruck craft, and I agree he's acquitted himself well in games this year irrespective of being towelled up by a couple of elite opponents.

That he kicked a couple of goals yesterday was really promising, a ruck who can go forward and be effective is a huge asset to the team.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

14. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Reckon it's time for an extended run at CHF? I do.

As evidenced yesterday Zaine is a legitimately better ruckman at the moment. It often gets overlooked but ruckwork is HARD and not something you are automatically going to be good at just because of height alone.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

16. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It takes a touch more than 17 senior games to develop a ruck craft, and I agree he's acquitted himself well in games this year irrespective of being towelled up by a couple of elite opponents.

That he kicked a couple of goals yesterday was really promising, a ruck who can go forward and be effective is a huge asset to the team.
    Totally agree. Ask Collingwood supporters how Grundy was going at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Totally agree. Ask Collingwood supporters how Grundy was going at the same time.
    Have a listen to Simon Madden on This Sporting Life with Peter Donegan. He said he knew he was a good ruckman but was constantly toweled up by old hack ruckmen and it wasn't until Sheedy got Sam Newman in (who Madden said he learned more from than anyone else) to teach him the craft that he was confident that he had the strength and mongrel in him to take the next step. Madden said the sessions with Newman were hell-just him and Sam and the ball and Sam would fly into him from all angles and with all parts of his body until Madden learned how to cope with it. Only then did Madden say that he thought he could be an effective AFL ruckman and that was after 100+ games
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

1. I really hate games like that. We simply let the opposition dictate terms and we have to play catch up.

2. We need Trengove to assist in the ruck with English (Cordy did a fine job but also needs to play defensive). We need Lewis Young to step up.

3. Our Ins struggled. Was it the pace of the game? Are they not up to it in general? Do we continue to see how they perform next week? (apart from English) I have had high hopes for Dale but he has not come close to delivering on some of his promise.

20. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1/ Brad Scott is a bigger dickhead than I ever thought he was. He attacked David King as he came off the ground at 3/4 time! What's going on there?

22. Likes craigsahibee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    1/ Brad Scott is a bigger dickhead than I ever thought he was. He attacked David King as he came off the ground at 3/4 time! What's going on there?
    Gave him a dodgy rising star 'tip' last year.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

24. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Gave him a dodgy rising star 'tip' last year.
    I wonder who will be remembered and lionised in the future by North fans? The dual premiership half back who would happily lay down his life for the blue and white or the coach who had a 50% win rate and left them in an absolute rabble?

I'm guessing it will be David King.

26. Likes ratsmac liked this post