Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  31
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things I have learned-round 10 v North Melbourne 2019

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    1. We are the farmers
    2. I must be getting old as i told a lady to watch her language in front of another couples kids.
    3. We made a huge mistake getting rid of Roughead and/or not using him properly.
    Who did she barrack for Chef?

Post Thanks / Like

Probably a bit tough on the three, but coming in and making minimal impact is pretty disappointing.
    Agree we got killed in ground ball gets and around the contest

Post Thanks / Like

1. Trengove in the ruck makes us more likely to win games right now than English in the ruck. He's been completely destroyed against the elite rucks he's played against this year and even though he's got the talent to play at the level, I'm not sure its as a ruckman.

2. Really weird how we seem to lack a second forward target when we waste Bont there but don't struggle to score when he plays in the middle.

3. We don't know how to play when we think we should win. Our ball use was pretty arrogant for most of this game.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been calling for Bont to play more forward to provide another option beyond Naughton, but it’s obvious he’s too valuable in the middle. Without him, our mids are far too one paced and lack elite skills (Smith the exception).
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I’ve been calling for Bont to play more forward to provide another option beyond Naughton, but it’s obvious he’s too valuable in the middle. Without him, our mids are far too one paced and lack elite skills (Smith the exception).
    I thought Libba was excellent today, another one wasted in the forward line
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

1. We lined up in our F50 with Naughton, Suckling, Wallis, Libba, Richards and Lloyd to start the game.
    3 kids developed as defenders, 2 inside mids and one genuine forward who spent most of last year playing VFL. We were always going to struggle to kick a winning score.

2. English isn't ready... but why did we ruck Cordy instead of Trengove? I'm a huge Cordy fan and thought he battled well but it was a strange one.

3. 3 losses against the bottom 3 sides - we are a very immature side.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

1. Bevo bemoan's our lack of KP size players. Meanwhile Nathan Buckley is extracting a very good season from Jordan Roughead......
    2. We are bottom 4. When you lose to Gold Coast, Carlton and North at home, that signifies a bottom 4 season.
    3. As much as I'm angry right now, and prone to flailing at easy targets, I think- given this season is gonski- we need to show the faith in the 4 blokes promoted this week. We need to find out if Bailey Dale, Bailey Williams, Patricke Lipinski and Tim English are going to be a part of our future.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    3. As much as I'm angry right now, and prone to flailing at easy targets, I think- given this season is gonski- we need to show the faith in the 4 blokes promoted this week. We need to find out if Bailey Dale, Bailey Williams, Patricke Lipinski and Tim English are going to be a part of our future.
    I agree. Sounds like only inside mid types put their hands up for Footscray anyway.

English showed real promise forward.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Who did she barrack for Chef?
    Us. My 15 year old didnt care but there was a couple with 4 under 10 who probably didnt need their kids hearing stuff like that.

Stay at home of you want to swear out loud.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Us. My 15 year old didnt care but there was a couple with 4 under 10 who probably didnt need their kids hearing stuff like that.

I was guilty of letting a couple fly yesterday after the non holding the ball calls yesterday. Not proud of it but it felt so good.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

11. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Disagree completely. He got walloped today, but he will be a good ruckman.
    English is 205cms and is not a skinny strapling anymore, and yet he is utterly non-competitive against shorter ruckmen who have better ruck techniques. And he was never a good ruck stoppage player as a junior. I just can't see his ruck craft at stoppages imorpving to anything mkre than adequate, which is whatbwe are already getting from Trengove.

Around the ground is a different story - English has fantastic attributes and really gets involved in transition of the ball, and will only get better. But in terms of pure ruck craft, i have my doubts.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

13. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That reminds me of the day that I took my son to North Port oval to see Port Melbourne play. We are sitting on the fence when the bloke next to him let fly with a string of invective advice for the umpire. Harvey would have been all of 3 or 4 years old and he turns to me with a really shocked look on his face and says "Dad, that man said F@#$." just as the bloke starts up and drops the magic word again, without flinching Harvey added "Twice!"
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

15. Likes chef, craigsahibee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    English is 205cms and is not a skinny strapling anymore, and yet he is utterly non-competitive against shorter ruckmen who have better ruck techniques. And he was never a good ruck stoppage player as a junior. I just can't see his ruck craft at stoppages imorpving to anything mkre than adequate, which is whatbwe are already getting from Trengove.

Around the ground is a different story - English has fantastic attributes and really gets involved in transition of the ball, and will only get better. But in terms of pure ruck craft, i have my doubts.
    Well what is senior coach Steven King (240 games as a ruckman) doing to help Tim ? This is a prime example imo of why we need to overhaul the coaching staff and probably the MC.

17. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Of his recent games, English played well v Lobb/Freo, v Nankervis/Rich, and probably broke square with Kreuzer and was reasonable on a dirty day for us. He's been belted up by Grundy and Goldstein - who are elite ruckman. Thats just the reality of a young ruckman - that the best opponents get a hold of you. I'm not worried about English whatsoever. 21 years and heaps of development to go, before we consider the temptation to crowbar him into another role (which we love to do!). Its quite refreshing to have a ruckman that actually marks the ball around the ground.

19. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. I Can’t believe I paid out about $400 for flights, accommodation and ticket from Tassie to watch that drivel.
    2. We have too many passengers at the moment. If it wasn’t for Bont and Daniel, we’d be sitting on the bottom of the ladder
    3. We are in for a world of hurt for the next 2-3 years.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

21. Likes chef liked this post