Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers and Anchors Rnd 10, 2019 vs North Melbourne

This is the round 10, 2019 edition of the weekly Bankers and Anchors thread. Once the game against North Melbourne is concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys/aspects of the game that we banked on to do the right thing during the game
    The Anchors = 3 guys/aspects of the game that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each player or aspect of the game, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match - I will allow more freedom now as the thread seems to be going down more of the aspects of the game path so you can have 3 for each made up of aspects of the game and individual players.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.

2. Thanks S Coast Simon thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers and Anchors Rnd 10, 2019 vs North Melbourne

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

B

Smith looks the goods again
    Lloyd worked hard all day
    Bruise free footy surely means no ice baths. That's a bonus

A

No Schache or Young. When we needed the second tall forward we were just moving pieces around. We went too small and when Naughton is quiet, we struggle somewhat.
    Moving kids around to excess. Lippa, Williams, Richards all look a bit confused by what's meant to do. Same for Webb.
    Umpiring was very dubious. But you win some, lose some.
    Three losses at our home ground to GCS, Carlton & North. This season could've been something great, now it's nothing too much different than the last two.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Likes Doggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

1. English two goals
    2. Cordy being thrown into the ruck and made a contest of it
    3. Sucklings brilliant goal from the 50 metre boundary

Anchors

1. The dropped easy marks by Dale and Richards
    2. AFL - the umpires are CHEATS and I can name a dozen incidents, but the real killer was in the first when North player swung his foot and missed the ball, and then North goaled.
    3. Us supporters - we overate our players - some are just not good enough
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

B
    Smith
    Dunkley
    --------

A
    Ruck - Goldstein 57 hit outs to our total of 15
    Umpire No' 13 Nick Browne, any review must see him dropped.
    Given our performances, it is becoming evident that the coaching staff need to be looked at

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Bankers

1. English two goals
    2. Cordy being thrown into the ruck and made a contest of it
    3. Sucklings brilliant goal from the 50 metre boundary

Anchors

1. The dropped easy marks by Dale and Richards
    2. AFL - the umpires are CHEATS and I can name a dozen incidents, but the real killer was in the first when North player swung his foot and missed the ball, and then North goaled.
    3. Us supporters - we overate our players - some are just not good enough
    Which ones?

Post Thanks / Like

1- Bailey smith was outstanding
    2- 15 min of footy
    3- I can’t think of one

A- The lack of effort and intensity , totally unacceptable
    - The turnover goals , at one stage it was 12 from 16 goals . That is purely pathetic
    - The dropped marks . Just shithouse

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers:

1. Lloyd influence up forward good
    2. Libbas goal on 3qtr time siren which I thought gave us confidence in the start of the last
    3. Bailey Smith - big career coming up

Anchors:
    1. The 2 HTB decisions the umpires didn’t pay us - all of us supporters booing and rightly so
    2. Our final quarter fade out in the end - extremely dissapointing
    3. Out ruck situation - cannot be too hard on Tim English - still young but need something in the meantime to help Tim out.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    - The dropped marks . Just shithouse
    Yep they needed to do better. Just have to hold that footy.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers:

Dunks - 20 contested...takes the marks he should take, makes the tackles he should make.
    Bont - just a huge difference when played as a mid. The calls to make him predominently a forward are wrong. He's too good to not be midfield as much as possible.
    Cordy - attack on the ball and man is outstanding.

Anchors:

Daniel - what is he DOING kicking on his left unnecessarily on a kick in. Does some brilliant things - but gives up at least one goa directly each week.
    Trengove - what is he DOING kicking across the ground to centre half back to Richards v 3 players. Know your limitations. And throw in the holding and pushing frees. Really poor day.
    Richards - can not get a kick. Drop three marks. I'd prefer Gowers deep forward flying for marks and being a legitimate chance to take one or bring the footy to the ground.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers
    1. Bont. He tore the game a new one in the 4th. We had ZERO entitlement to having any claim to victory, except for the fact he imposed himself. We need him as a pure mid.
    2. Cordy. Mr Fixit. English got owned. Cordy despite significant height difference negated Goldstein's influence - which was huge.
    3. Crozier. Really comfortable in his skin now down back. Even impacted when thrown to half forward late in the game.

Anchors
    1. Ed Richards. His worst game by a fair margin.
    2. Macrae - his worst game in a long, long time. Had no positive impact with ball, and was ordinary in stopping his opponents
    3. Trengove. I don't care that Sideshow Ben Brown feigns for free kicks. Trengove continually gifted him and others unnecessary free's. And that kick across ground...... don't even..... that was just woeful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Bankers
    1. Bont. He tore the game a new one in the 4th. We had ZERO entitlement to having any claim to victory, except for the fact he imposed himself. We need him as a pure mid.
    2. Cordy. Mr Fixit. English got owned. Cordy despite significant height difference negated Goldstein's influence - which was huge.
    3. Crozier. Really comfortable in his skin now down back. Even impacted when thrown to half forward late in the game.

Anchors
    1. Ed Richards. His worst game by a fair margin.
    2. Macrae - his worst game in a long, long time. Had no positive impact with ball, and was ordinary in stopping his opponents
    3. Trengove. I don't care that Sideshow Ben Brown feigns for free kicks. Trengove continually gifted him and others unnecessary free's. And that kick across ground...... don't even..... that was just woeful.
    Was played out of position as a half forward for a big portion on the day. Went at 81% which I'd hazard a guess was in our top 3 or 4, and was one of few to hit up targets inside 50. Completely baffled as to what teh coach did with him for the day, and I think he was fine given he was partly coached out of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Was played out of position as a half forward for a big portion on the day. Went at 81% which I'd hazard a guess was in our top 3 or 4, and was one of few to hit up targets inside 50. Completely baffled as to what teh coach did with him for the day, and I think he was fine given he was partly coached out of it.
    Yep. Very odd seeing Jack spend so much inside F50.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Yep. Very odd seeing Jack spend so much inside F50.
    'Decoy Forward' with no Gowers is the most logical answer. And it's not very logical. Putting a guy forward (out of position) who virtually refuses to kick goals/take shots is not cutting edge radical coaching. It should be the basis of a 'please explain' by Grant. At what point does this 'cry for help' season get some intervention?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    'Decoy Forward' with no Gowers is the most logical answer. And it's not very logical. Putting a guy forward (out of position) who virtually refuses to kick goals/take shots is not cutting edge radical coaching. It should be the basis of a 'please explain' by Grant. At what point does this 'cry for help' season get some intervention?
    I really think we're overthinking our forward set-up for the want of a second tall/target. Our strength is our midfield and we look FAR more likely to score with our lead horses around the ball. Start there and build the rest around them, do not rely on their talent to make a shaky facet of our game better.

I don't want Bont anywhere but on the ball for the rest of the year.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -