Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
    Post Thanks / Like

The Moment, Rnd 10, 2019 vs North Melbourne

Ok the moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.'

What was it for you against North today.

If I was cheeky, I'd say the most decisive moment was when the media advised that this would be Scott's last game as coach.
    But I nominate a passage of play right when we had taken the lead. We got a turnover forward of wing, Suckling just had to gather and we were almost guaranteed an easy entry and goal, which I think would've gutted North.
    Suckling failed to gather cleanly and then handballed backward to Bailey Smith I think, who fumbled, The Roos gathered and it ended up in a North goal to get back the lead, and staunch our 4 goal blitz.
    Last edited by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot; 25-05-2019 at 11:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment, Rnd 10, 2019 vs North Melbourne

When Brad Scott announced his exit and had a special team meeting at 1pm
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes Eastdog, chef, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

YHF you need to clean your opening post up.

The moment for me was in the 2nd quarter north broke the game open and we refused to put our A team in the centre circle. I reckon Macrae & Liberatore spent the first four centre bounces on the half forward flank and we all just watched North waltz out of the centre.

It smacked of the same coaching arrogance against Carlton.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

5. Thanks Yankee Hotel Foxtrot thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The moment we felt we needed to pump up Higgins self esteem this year by not going anywhere near him.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

7. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    YHF you need to clean your opening post up.

The moment for me was in the 2nd quarter north broke the game open and we refused to put our A team in the centre circle. I don’t reckon Macrae & Liberatore spent the first four centre bounces on the half forward flank and we all just watched North waltz out of the centre.

It smacked of the same coaching arrogance against Carlton.
    azabob....you been reading my mind??

Perfectly summed up.

Imagine we had 3 absolute gun stoppage players who could overcome the ruck disadvantage we were experience. Just imagine if we could trade, say, Bontempelli, Macrae and Liberatore into our side.

Geeze we would have been dangerous had we have had a forward 50 stoppage with those guys playing as forwards though!!

9. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thursday night 6.20 when we announced that Naughton would get zero tall support forward of the ball.

He's a 19 year old kid who spent his pre-season in defence playing against two experienced tall defenders.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Thursday night 6.20 when we announced that Naughton would get zero tall support forward of the ball.

He's a 19 year old kid who spent his pre-season in defence playing against two experienced tall defenders.
    And if you were to say - 'what is the worst case scenario for Bontempelli?' - I would have said, if he as to play as a marking target against Thompson or Tarrant, because Naughton has no other tall support.
    Brad Scott must have been giggling to himself when he looked up and saw Bont playing tall, and Macrae and Libba forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    And if you were to say - 'what is the worst case scenario for Bontempelli?' - I would have said, if he as to play as a marking target against Thompson or Tarrant, because Naughton has no other tall support.
    Brad Scott must have been giggling to himself when he looked up and saw Bont playing tall, and Macrae and Libba forward.
    Thompson should have retired two years ago, Tarrant is a good backman.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Thompson should have retired two years ago, Tarrant is a good backman.
    Thompson is perfectly capable of annoying the shit out of non-forwards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Thompson is perfectly capable of annoying the shit out of non-forwards.
    He is lucky to be in the team.