Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
Fair enough. I was just laughing at the use of SuperCoach and AFL fantasy numbers...they just don’t reflect the game. I was also frustrated with the list of Geelong player who were ‘strong marks’ that featured a bloke who has played one game, mids like Duncan and Selwood who no-one would say are particularly strong overhead and ignored the fact that several of their defenders (Stewart, Oconnor,Kolo) have high mark numbers as they chip the ball around d50 - Geelong use the corridor LESS than any other side - because it didn’t seem to support your point.
I didn't mention the fantasy numbers, they were just in the screenshots between the team names and kicks, handballs and marks. The player list included good marks and elite mids, I was trying to say they play slow (1) because they don't need a fast break to take a mark and (2) so their best mids can get from contest to contest

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
As for retaining the footy not working for us...well - how exactly is the current strategy that sees us conceding loads of goals working? The game is changing - if we don’t have a revolutionary plan, well, we better get with the evolution ‘cos at the moment we are behind the times and leaking goals. North scoring 100 points against us should be a massive red flag for everyone.
2 & 3 years ago, us and Richmond won the flag with small forward lines and teams full of pressure mids. Teams with slower game plans leading the way half way through this year doesn't mean teams without the cattle to take contested marks, or without big gaps between their best and worst mids, would be better off playing the same way