Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
I don’t want to see more grunt or toughness.

At present everyone simply looks for a handpass. Most weeks we have 20, 30 or 40 more than the opposition and lose because of resulting turnovers.

Combine quality kicking with a sensible goal to goal line and we would enjoy significantly more wins.
That wasn't the case vs North. We had more kicks and LESS handballs.

I am not talking about toughness being the difference. It is about defensive concentration and not allowing turnovers to become goals...on the weekend we had LESS turnovers than North and were actually MORE efficient inside fwd 50 than they were...so what gives?

Fair enough, disposal efficiency...we were down by a couple of percent - but it really was line ball...

I am all for your comments about too much of our possession not actually helping us win - that was the main thrust of what I was posting last week - but I thought our kick/handball ratio was much improved vs North, but our efforts in transition, efforts to provide an effective outlet/shut down the outlet were poor...and the efforts of our forwards to quickly empty out and get goal side were not good enough.

I am curious what you mean by a sensible goal-to-goal line...who should play???