Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  29
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Our 2nd half of Season 2019 - what will happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    15-7 if we won all our game after the bye.
    I love that Easty. Make it happen doggies.

2. Likes WBFC4FFC, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What this run home fixture does do is give us:

1) Another shot at a few teams we should of/would have/could have beat

2) A chance to beat up a few that we already have beaten

3) A crack at a few middling sides we haven't played

4) A crack at a few that are going alright.

Many think the Carlton game was lost as early as selection night, and maybe we were guilty of thinking our midfield would beat up theirs and render their forwardline useless. Lets see what we have learned. Lose this and we likely spiral into a dark chasm of confidence stripped mediocrity. Win it and we come out against the Pies a game or so out of the eight, still with a funny chance and a bit of a skip in our step.

We get Collingwood, Geelong and Freo again on our home deck. Three games we were right in the mix for before it turned sour late in each. All three we torched gettable chances to kick ahead/put on scoreboard pressure/stay in the game and made it hard for ourselves.

We get Essendon, Saints, Melbourne, Port and Brisbane. All have had their own Jekyll and Hyde moments this year and all are gettable. Port in Adelaide doesn't fill me with confidence, but the rest I feel are doable.

Giants at Metricon and Adelaide at home to round out the year will likely be two tough games. Giants like to have a hiccup here and there, but when they are on they look sharp and are rightfully one of the teams slated to take it out this year. Adelaide have been pretty awful, but have pulled a few wins from the fire and (knowing our luck) will likely be back to their best before the last round.

I am (probably foolishly) excited and optimistic about what the remaining fixtures offer us. The Carlton game could burst that bubble pretty damn quickly.

4. Thanks GVGjr, The bulldog tragician thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am normally very optimistic, but I am really struggling with where we are at.

As a whole we seem to have gone backwards and I don't see any leadership on field to steer us through tough moments.

The coaching group don't appear to be bringing anything consistent and just fear a trouncing from a rejuvenated Carlton will have spiral down into an abyss.

The Jekyll and Hyde nature of our performances will likely see us snag an unlikely win, but I can see us not winning another game.

However, it won't take much for us to threaten every side and even play finals still. We do need effort and commitment from every player though.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

6. Likes Ghost Dog, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post

Many think the Carlton game was lost as early as selection night, and maybe we were guilty of thinking our midfield would beat up theirs and render their forwardline useless. Lets see what we have learned. Lose this and we likely spiral into a dark chasm of confidence stripped mediocrity. Win it and we come out against the Pies a game or so out of the eight, still with a funny chance and a bit of a skip in our step.

We get Collingwood, Geelong and Freo again on our home deck. Three games we were right in the mix for before it turned sour late in each. All three we torched gettable chances to kick ahead/put on scoreboard pressure/stay in the game and made it hard for ourselves.

We get Essendon, Saints, Melbourne, Port and Brisbane. All have had their own Jekyll and Hyde moments this year and all are gettable. Port in Adelaide doesn't fill me with confidence, but the rest I feel are doable.

Giants at Metricon and Adelaide at home to round out the year will likely be two tough games. Giants like to have a hiccup here and there, but when they are on they look sharp and are rightfully one of the teams slated to take it out this year. Adelaide have been pretty awful, but have pulled a few wins from the fire and (knowing our luck) will likely be back to their best before the last round.

I am (probably foolishly) excited and optimistic about what the remaining fixtures offer us. The Carlton game could burst that bubble pretty damn quickly.
    At the half way mark there is still little indication that we will lmprove in the second half of the season. I think we still need to develop a recognised goal to goal line structure and build our team around it. Our back line is still unsettled evidenced by our leaking an average of 20 goals in the past 3 games. Our forward line ranks 18th in the AFL. English continues to struggle as our number one ruck man. Trengrove IMO still rates as our most competitive ruck man. I would be looking to include both Schache and Lew Young this week as part of our rebuild. The recent inclusions in Lipinski Lac Young Dale and Williams has been a positive and they will only get better with more match experience. Playing more direct football with better disposal remain key improvements towards a better finish to the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Our forward line ranks 18th in the AFL.
    Our forward line is actually 9th and was 6th pre West Coast Game.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

5 or 6 wins I think is very achievable for the balance of the season.
    It all depends if we really chase every win we can get or if we want to blood some of the younger guys
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I read this and kind of agree. But that’s largely because my bias towards the dogs seems to always baseline at our theoretical competitive best, rather than recent form.

We’re as likely to lose all matches as we are to win another 4.

Post Thanks / Like

I read this and kind of agree. But that’s largely because my bias towards the dogs seems to always baseline at our theoretical competitive best, rather than recent form.

We’re as likely to lose all matches as we are to win another 4.

12. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

8 losses from n that mix, comfortably.

Season is cooked, I am anticipating the wheel's will fall off completely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    8 losses from n that mix, comfortably.

Season is cooked, I am anticipating the wheel's will fall off completely.
    Have some faith SoS, there is still a lot of fight in us.
    We might not make the finals but we can shape it
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We should seriously consider replacing 'Cede Nullis' with this as our motto.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

16. Likes chef, azabob, The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

R13 v Blues Marvel (A) Win
    R14 v Magpies Marvel (H) Loss
    R15 v Power Adelaide Oval (A) Loss
    R16 v Cats Marvel (H) Loss
    R17 v Demons Marvel (H) Draw
    R18 v Saints Marvel (A) Loss
    R19 v Dockers Marvel (H) Win
    R20 v Lions Gabba (A) Loss
    R21 v Bombers Marvel (A) Loss
    R22 v Giants Spotless (A) Loss
    R23 v Crows Ballarat (H) Loss
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    R13 v Blues Marvel (A) Win
    R14 v Magpies Marvel (H) Loss
    R15 v Power Adelaide Oval (A) Loss
    R16 v Cats Marvel (H) Loss
    R17 v Demons Marvel (H) Draw
    R18 v Saints Marvel (A) Loss
    R19 v Dockers Marvel (H) Win
    R20 v Lions Gabba (A) Loss
    R21 v Bombers Marvel (A) Loss
    R22 v Giants Spotless (A) Loss
    R23 v Crows Ballarat (H) Loss
    Wow.

You are really driving the 'positive bus':
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86E9d5PMCxA

All I care about right now is seeing us:
    - Make an effort to shut down Cripps
    - Beat Carlton

You have us with one win and a draw out of our last 10...and the win is listed against Freo who just beat Collingwood in Melbourne before their bye...so let's say that's a loss as well just for the hell of it.

Feel the excitement!
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

19. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Based on our last 3 years I beg to differ.. we seem to be just going through the motions with much of the club seemingly just happy to let us drop further into the realm of becoming irrelevant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Wow.

You are really driving the 'positive bus':
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86E9d5PMCxA

All I care about right now is seeing us:
    - Make an effort to shut down Cripps
    - Beat Carlton

You have us with one win and a draw out of our last 10...and the win is listed against Freo who just beat Collingwood in Melbourne before their bye...so let's say that's a loss as well just for the hell of it.

Feel the excitement!
    In our last 3 games against Carlton Cripps has had 32, 29 & 37 touches... it seems it isn't in our DNA to try and shut down Cripps based on these numbers.

And whilst it's good to be positive based on what we've seen this year we probably only have 3-4 games left that we have a good chance of winning.. our best means we can win more than half, but that hasn't been on dispaly very often.